Audeze LCD-1
Nov 5, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #556 of 1,087
There are two ranges people can be sensitive to. Either the upper-mids or treble.

I'm more sensitive to upper midrange, so it does make sense why the T1.2 is a bit easier on my ears. I've heard a few different T1.2's, one was dramatically brighter which made it sound hazy to me, hated that one, bright headphones often come across as a bit hazy to my ears some reason.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #557 of 1,087
There are two ranges people can be sensitive to. Either the upper-mids or treble.

Im sensitive to a an overactive - overarching bass frequency that reaches deeply into the mids, and produces "bloat".
"Midrange bloat",
This ruins the midrange.
Id rather have a super lean bass response, such as the Aeon Closed, then have this type of bass impacted midrange.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #558 of 1,087
... And the kid saying that the 6xx has muddy bass. Seriously? There is no one outside of audiophile circles that would use the term "muddy." Although it has a ring of truth it mostly smacks of dishonesty.
It's all relative. The HD600 has low bass distortion for a dynamic headphone. But the best planars have bass distortion about an order of magnitude lower than the best dynamics. So whether the HD600 bass is "muddy" depends on your perspective.

Nov 5, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #559 of 1,087
It's all relative. The HD600 has low bass distortion for a dynamic headphone. But the best planars have bass distortion about an order of magnitude lower than the best dynamics. So whether the HD600 bass is "muddy" depends on your perspective.

I'm not arguing the bass presentation of the headphone at all. I'm calling BS on the video.

Nov 5, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #560 of 1,087
To accompany my own Modi 3/Magni 3 combo, Schiit sent me some goodies to try out. Guess I'll be a busy bee with the LCD-1 testing all this gear...

I'm quite astounded at how nice the Fulla sounds for a such a tiny dac/amp, and for sub-$100. Hel, is even better of course, but that wasn't surprising, lol. That volume knob, that should be on ALL their amps, as far as I'm concerned. Top mounted, and large, and oh so right.

schiity.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #561 of 1,087
I dont know what to think about metal571 anymore. Is he paid by Audeze?
He wrote this on another forum:
I will not be reviewing Verum products, full stop, for personal reasons. I think a friend may be sending me theirs at some point in the near future so I can at least demo them though, but I will not be able to review those officially in a video.

Nov 5, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #562 of 1,087

It could be a politic interest, i guess. :)
Don't think it comes from economics.

Nov 5, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #563 of 1,087
I have an issue with that brand, and it has nothing to do any other brand. I actively refuse to be paid by any manufacturer. Refusing to work with a specific manufacturer and/or refusing to put out a review of a product made by a specific manufacturer has nothing to do with being paid by anybody else. It's MY decision. Please don't jump to conclusions like that.

Now, back into retirement.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #564 of 1,087
I've never been paid by a manufacturer either, and I have also refused to review products, either because I didn't think the product was worth the time spent in the reviewing process, or because it falls out of what I think my target audience would be remotely interested in (I generally refuse IEMs or dac/amp reviews, though I'll concede to do some every once in awhile).

As for not reviewing a product based on the company, I could think of a few myself.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #566 of 1,087
For the record, Metal571 is one of the few reviewers I trust. Partially because he has a very similar sound signature preference to mine (Harman target-ish, although I prefer less bass and more treble), and he's been right on the money on how many headphones sound to my ears. He also puts major importance on measurements and EQ like I do, and I agree with his assessment that the HD 600 series Sennheisers are a tonally neutral standard reference.

Anyway, back on topic. I should be receiving the LCD-1 either end of this week or sometime next week, so I'll be comparing to the HD600 and 650 as well.

Nov 5, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #567 of 1,087
For the record, Metal571 is one of the few reviewers I trust. Partially because he has a very similar sound signature preference to mine (Harman target-ish, although I prefer less bass and more treble), and he's been right on the money on how many headphones sound to my ears. He also puts major importance on measurements and EQ like I do, and I agree with his assessment that the HD 600 series Sennheisers are a tonally neutral standard reference.

Anyway, back on topic. I should be receiving the LCD-1 either end of this week or sometime next week, so I'll be comparing to the HD600 and 650 as well.

I am more curious as to how they sound compared to the HD660S, but most people seem to be mentioning the 650, which I find odd, since they'll sound nothing alike.

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #569 of 1,087
I don't get all the hate or disbelief around metal571. He is one of the few reviewers i trust and agree with the description of the sound of the headphones. Sometimes i think we don't deserve people like him trying in this community.

Don't mistake disagreement for hate. I think that he's a cool guy, but we don't agree mostly about the lcd-1, which is fine. There is no need to argue or spread hate over headphone stuff. Here is to peace and happiness...:beerchug:

Nov 5, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #570 of 1,087
I know there are different opinions but some start to say he is getting paid by audeze to give a good impression for the lcd-1 and when he says it may be the "hd650 killer" all the hate comes. Well it may not be better in all categories compared to the Senns, but what i gather from his opinions is that it has very good timbre, much better bass as expected, the HD line always distorted easily in the bass, and it is also better in treble, so overall is a better headphone compared to HD line and that is not a big surprise, after all is a new planar design, 30 years of advancement in technology. It is not better in every department, but that is also true when we compare the HD line to 1000 dollar hp

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back