Audeze LCD-1
Nov 2, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #466 of 1,087
Oluv has posted an unboxing and first impressions video:

EDIT: I have no idea what he says because I’m too busy running some test tracks through mine which I unboxed moments ago :D
D01E1FC9-D766-4B75-ABC4-6F102ABD9F6D.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #468 of 1,087
Hi guys,

Great info so far. For somebody who clearly prefers the lcd 2 over the lcd 2 classic and Senn 650s, would you say the lcd 1 is for me? And in simple terms can someone elaborate on bass, vocals, highs, soundstage lcd 2 vs lcd 1.

thanks.

Nov 2, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #469 of 1,087
... LCD1 sounds like an LCD2 with a 4k boost EQ running in the mids, and without the strange hump around 1k

From now on, I award the Pinochio Award. The first one who has the honor to get him is metal571.:wink:

Explanation: Americans do not know Pinochio. Pinochio gets a long nose when he lies.

The overall technical basis differs from the lcd2. The transducer size is different in comparison to lcd2. In addition, the LCD1 has a different magnetic structure. The lcd1 only has a single sided magnetic array. The reduction of the magnets naturally reduces the weight but inevitably reduces the sound.
From a technical point of view, I doubt that the lcd1 can sound like a lcd2.

Nov 2, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #471 of 1,087
From now on, I award the Pinochio Award. The first one who has the honor to get him is metal571.:wink:

Explanation: Americans do not know Pinochio. Pinochio gets a long nose when he lies.

The overall technical basis differs from the lcd2. The transducer size is different in comparison to lcd2. In addition, the LCD1 has a different magnetic structure. The lcd1 only has a single sided magnetic array. The reduction of the magnets naturally reduces the weight but inevitably reduces the sound.

I'm pretty sure that Americans, even the pretty dumb ones, know who Pinochio is. News flash: Pinochio isn't exactly an obscure figure. So, the condescending award goes to.... you!

"LCD1 sounds like an LCD2"

The operative word is "like." He didn't say they were the same.

Nov 2, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #472 of 1,087
I'm pretty sure that Americans, even the pretty dumb ones, know who Pinochio is. News flash: Pinochio isn't exactly an obscure figure. So, the condescending award goes to.... you!

"LCD1 sounds like an LCD2"

The operative word is "like." He didn't say they were the same.
I clearly stated the difference in technical ability is not the same in my video review as the LCD2, especially in the bass, but apparently now I'm a liar. Edited that quoted post anyway just to clear up I'm talking about the FR.

I probably shouldn't have bothered to start posting on Head-Fi again.

Edit: this will be my very last post in this thread. See you on YouTube and thanks to those people who have actually listened to what I've said

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #474 of 1,087
@metal571
For Heaven's sake, my post came with a winking smiley.
Maybe you should not talk so much about FR., but about how a headphone sounds indeed. I will certainly not justify myself here.
There is a clear technical difference between the LCD1 and LCD2.

Nov 2, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #475 of 1,087
Metal571, I am thankful for your review. Given that it is a real one instead of just assuming, thinking, referring. you gave some feedback on what you are actually HEARING. That is why I would love to get an answer from you on the „emotional“ difference between the bass, vocals, highs, soundstage etc. between the 2 and the 1. I do not care about facts on paper. I am in between buying the 2 or the 1 for the feeling when hearing music. I care less about the price but if I get a 95% lcd 2 sound in a smaller, better looking, easier to drive and cheaper package I am very tempted to forget about the last 5%.

But if you say you get maybe 60% of that lcd2 performance than I know I will only be wasting money on the 1.

Nov 2, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #476 of 1,087
I clearly stated the difference in technical ability is not the same in my video review as the LCD2, especially in the bass, but apparently now I'm a liar. Edited that quoted post anyway just to clear up I'm talking about the FR.

I probably shouldn't have bothered to start posting on Head-Fi again.

Well, I appreciate your posts more than the people nitpicking them.

Nov 2, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #478 of 1,087
Oluv has posted an unboxing and first impressions video:

EDIT: I have no idea what he says because I’m too busy running some test tracks through mine which I unboxed moments ago :D

Apparently he heard what I heard... there is some sharpness there...

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #479 of 1,087

Isn't Pinocchio the one who told us recently that the LCD-1 sounds like the LCD-X? And im pretty certain that the LCD-X does not sound anything like the LCD2.
I wonder what Snow White thinks about the LCD-1s?

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #480 of 1,087
It wasn't even nitpicking. It was a selective misreading of what Metal said.

As a CEO of Audeze, I probably would not have passed the Lcd1 project. Actually Audeze has sent Metal571 the Lcd1 because he represents the average american. I would have rather promoted a lighthouse project. For example, a LCD 5.
I hope that will forgive me because that is a cultural difference.
That is a problem of many american brands that represent only average in comparison to german brands. If the manufacturer of the drivers of ZMF shut then Zach will make tables and chairs in the future.
Probably Audeze will make a lot of money with the lcd1,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back