Audeze Launch Event, 3 New Headphones! August 31st, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2019 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

TSAVAlan

Formerly with The Source AV
UV3FYUm.jpg

Audeze is out with three new headphones and want to have a event at The Source AV to help launch.

We will have the just announced LCD-i3, it will be the first public viewing of their new IEM.
https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd-i3

The LCD-GX, the new gaming headset from Audeze. The final production tuning version will be at the event.
https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd-gx

The LCD-24, the latest in the 2 and 4 lineup of Audeze cans. No Audeze page yet but check out the reveal on positive feedback:
https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/audeze-lcd24-headphones/

August 31st
12pm-4pm
The Source AV Design Group
3035 Kashiwa St.
Torrance, CA 90505
1-310-534-9900​

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 29
Where does the LCD-24 sit in the pecking order of Audeze cans? Just under the 4? Not really sure what it is going for. Interested to find out though.

Aug 21, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 29
I'll try and make it!

The LCD-X is still my favorite Audeze open-back headphone (I also love the LCD-XC, but it's so damn heavy). I prefer it over all of Audeze's more expensive offerings. The LCD-X's tonal balance is just about ideal to my ears.

Hopefully, the LCD-24 will finally take the crown (at least for me)!

We shall see! :nerd:

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #8 of 29
I’m fortunate to have had some extended listening time with the LCD-24. I brought a prototype to the Pittsburgh head-if meetup, along with the mobius.

This is a lovechild of the 4 & the 2 with the magnetic structure being like the 2 & the diaphragm from the 4 series.

It’s incredible the speed and physicality it provides. It has much better natural balance than probably any LCD I’ve heard, though I’ve not heard the MCX4.

I did some extended comparisons with the utopia:
In the utopia sound, the cymbals are a bit more “physical” and vocals come forward a bit as bass rolls off in comparison.

The LCD24, in contrast, allows the standup bass player to sit perfectly in the mix with vocals and drums.

Detail wise, they both deliver resolution beyond reproach. I think if I had to live with only 1 high end headphones, the 24 would be my immediate choice from everything I’ve heard.

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #9 of 29
I’m fortunate to have had some extended listening time with the LCD-24. I brought a prototype to the Pittsburgh head-if meetup, along with the mobius.

This is a lovechild of the 4 & the 2 with the magnetic structure being like the 2 & the diaphragm from the 4 series.

It’s incredible the speed and physicality it provides. It has much better natural balance than probably any LCD I’ve heard, though I’ve not heard the MCX4.

In the utopia sound, the cymbals are a bit more “physical” and vocals come forward a bit as bass rolls off in comparison.

The LCD24, in contrast, allows the standup bass player to sit perfectly in the mix with vocals and drums.

Detail wise, they both deliver resolution beyond reproach. I think if I had to live with only 1 high end headphones, the 24 would be my immediate choice from everything I’ve heard.
What about the weight?

Aug 23, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #10 of 29
Where does the LCD-24 sit in the pecking order of Audeze cans? Just under the 4? Not really sure what it is going for. Interested to find out though.
Under the 4/4z correct, looking at a $3500 price tag. I got a little blurb from Audeze with some more details from their team.
Kashiwa Street? that street name sounds like Japanese.
Torrance had the old Toyota USA HQ not too far away and Honda USA HQ is also here so we got some Japanese influence... Lots of Japanese businesses, yakiniku, super markets, ramen places around! Picked up this sweet mochi donuts at a popup shop earlier this week!
https://imgur.com/a/xcN8Uf2
Headphone dot com is already taking pre-orders for the i3. It comes with a lot of optional use cases like cables for this and that and then some.
Hadn't heard or seen the i3 in person yet, looking forward to it next week to give it a shot and see the full package!
I'll try and make it!

The LCD-X is still my favorite Audeze open-back headphone (I also love the LCD-XC, but it's so damn heavy). I prefer it over all of Audeze's more expensive offerings. The LCD-X's tonal balance is just about ideal to my ears.

Hopefully, the LCD-24 will finally take the crown (at least for me)!

We shall see! :nerd:
Nice! Would be awesome if you can make it!

The LCD-24 looks like it will be an interesting addition to the Audeze lineup.
Looking forward to the $9K LCD-1234, the one to rule them all :D
I would look forward more to the LCD-123, 4 is unlucky in Chinese culture!
or how about LCD-1million for $1 million dollars?
LCD-GiveMeYourMoney ($999,999)
LCD-WhereTheNumbersDontMeanAnything for $5~

Nice impressions! I remember seeing your impressions earlier. The Audeze guys were being fairly hush hush about it when I asked lol!
What about the weight?
Should have that info soon!

From the Audeze team about the LCD-24
LCD-24 is quite similar as LCD4-z but with different sound signature.

LCD-24 is using LCD2 Magnetic Structure with Fluxor magnets. Magnetic Flux distribution is more linear, but magnetic induction is little lower which results in lower efficiency (1-2dB).

LCD-24 magnetic structure is more acoustically transparent which makes a little better sound resolution with slightly better imaging and wider sound stage.

Headphones are lighter for improved comfort.

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #14 of 29
Shame that I will be out of town for the weekend otherwise I would have made the trip down there to meet with the Audeze people. I hope everyone has fun at the event!

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #15 of 29
My main issue with Audeze has always been the comfort. I doubt the 24 or the gaming one solves any of that, but I truly hope so.
Audeze has seen the light, ever since the MX4 all the Audeze cans have been either using the carbon fiber or steel headband. And now all use the cow leather and memory foam pads. They have a variety in the magnesium cups to reduce weight and gone with much more efficient drivers to also assist in weight reduction.
Shame that I will be out of town for the weekend otherwise I would have made the trip down there to meet with the Audeze people. I hope everyone has fun at the event!
Shame to hear you won't be able to make it. We will have fun on your behalf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back