Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Dec 5, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #7,186 of 7,352
I also hopped on Adorama's Black Friday iSine10 b-stock deal. Kudo's to Audeze and Adorama. If this is b-stock, the they must set a very high standard for new. Packaging and accessories are all top notch.

I'm new to IEMs, and was concerned that the iSine 10's form-factor would be tricky, but that hasn't been the case. The earhooks add confidence, but with the right sized tips in, they don't move. The large ribbed tips seem to be working very well.

I'm driving them with a Schiit Vali 2+ directly from my MBP via Tidal. While there is certainly a DAC in my future, the Vali 2+ certainly works well with the iSine10's. Some tracks that really show off the combo's speed and range.

- Kraftwork's "Autobahn"
- The Police's "Bring on the Night"
- Charles Lloyd & The Marvels "Defiant"
- Alina Engibaryan - "We Are"

The iSines compliment my Grado SR80's very well. Maybe I'm an open-back fan?

Dec 5, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #7,187 of 7,352
I also hopped on Adorama's Black Friday iSine10 b-stock deal. Kudo's to Audeze and Adorama. If this is b-stock, the they must set a very high standard for new. Packaging and accessories are all top notch.

I'm new to IEMs, and was concerned that the iSine 10's form-factor would be tricky, but that hasn't been the case. The earhooks add confidence, but with the right sized tips in, they don't move. The large ribbed tips seem to be working very well.

I'm driving them with a Schiit Vali 2+ directly from my MBP via Tidal. While there is certainly a DAC in my future, the Vali 2+ certainly works well with the iSine10's. Some tracks that really show off the combo's speed and range.

- Kraftwork's "Autobahn"
- The Police's "Bring on the Night"
- Charles Lloyd & The Marvels "Defiant"
- Alina Engibaryan - "We Are"

The iSines compliment my Grado SR80's very well. Maybe I'm an open-back fan?

Yes, it does sound like you're a fan of open-back earphones / headphones, welcome to the club. :) I also tend to prefer open-back, and only use closed backs generally when I need to for practical reasons. I've never heard the iSine 10 with the standard cable, though, even though I've had mine over a year, I've always used them with the Cipher cable.

Dec 11, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #7,189 of 7,352
Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this question, but has anybody had issues with the durability of the Cipher V2 cable?

I recently bought the LCD-i3's, and I am truly in love. I do, however, use them almost exclusively with the Cipher V2 cable, and this has stopped working after literally 2 months. I only use them at my desk, so it isn't from them getting tangled or abused. The issue isn't from the cable losing connection, the sound is like there is electronic interference in just the right ear; I'm wondering if it's to do with the DAC itself.

After many emails, Audeze has finally agreed to supply me with a replacement cable, although I'm concerned I'll have the same issue in another few months. Considering these earphones really do need this cable to get the best sound out of them, I'm worried about this.

Has anybody else encountered anything similar?

I typically use these with my iphone, or plugged into my macbook pro through the lightning->USBC Anker adapter.

Thanks

Dec 11, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #7,190 of 7,352
I have iSine 20 and LCDi3, use both with Cipher V2 cable, and iSine 20 plugged into my MacBook pro through the USBC Anker adapter - don't have any issue.

Dec 12, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #7,191 of 7,352
I got both a 10 and 20 from the Black Friday sale no matter what I do I can’t get either the sound good on the cipher. I used my qudelix 5k to replicate the reveal plugin settings, And they’re not too bad now. My fiio fd1, fh3 and etymotic e2rxr Are still superior IEMs for music and dont require radical eq.

that said, i like the isine 20 for gaming. Its bloaty/dark signature works well there.

still trying ti find good tips. Tried sednafit and cp155 so far, hard to find right diameter for comfort(all too small)

*To be fair they’re really fun to listen to EDM and Pop. However they lack the ability to reproduce distortion guitar or very busy music to any satisfactory level, And I rarely listen to just one genre at once so these are now my gaming headphones.

tempted to order the wings, but don’t want to invest a bunch of money to make these workable.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #7,192 of 7,352
I got both a 10 and 20 from the Black Friday sale no matter what I do I can’t get either the sound good on the cipher. I used my qudelix 5k to replicate the reveal plugin settings, And they’re not too bad now. My fiio fd1, fh3 and etymotic e2rxr Are still superior IEMs for music and dont require radical eq.

that said, i like the isine 20 for gaming. Its bloaty/dark signature works well there.

still trying ti find good tips. Tried sednafit and cp155 so far, hard to find right diameter for comfort(all too small)

*To be fair they’re really fun to listen to EDM and Pop. However they lack the ability to reproduce distortion guitar or very busy music to any satisfactory level, And I rarely listen to just one genre at once so these are now my gaming headphones.

tempted to order the wings, but don’t want to invest a bunch of money to make these workable.
If you have access to an apple device, you can download the Audeze HQ app. It has a 10 band equalizer that you can use to adjust the sound via the cipher cable. If you don't already own an iphone/iPod, it may be worth looking into getting a used ipod touch.

Dec 13, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #7,193 of 7,352
If you have access to an apple device, you can download the Audeze HQ app. It has a 10 band equalizer that you can use to adjust the sound via the cipher cable. If you don't already own an iphone/iPod, it may be worth looking into getting a used ipod touch.
Yeah, I have that. I couldn't find an adjustment that worked right. But my parametric EQ did the trick.

Dec 17, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #7,194 of 7,352
I have been using the Isine 20 with LG V30 + Kingsound M-03 amp + UAPP with PEQ for a week. I think it sounds great.

Will the Cipher V1 or V2 cable + Anker usb type C adapter + LGV30 sound better?

Is the Cipher V1 or V2 cable still available to purchase for the Isine 20?

Thanks.

Dec 22, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #7,196 of 7,352
Hi, just a line to say I am selling my isine20 if somebody is interested (see my signature or go here).

cheers!

Jan 5, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #7,197 of 7,352
Hi,
I'm planning on grabbing B-stock iSine 10s from Adorama. Are these still worth it compared to chi fi iems such as the starfields ? I will be using them at home so isolation isn't a big issue. Also, how do the iSines compare to other planar headphones/iems such as the m1060s and tin p1. Really drawn to these since I've always wanted to try planar headphones.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Jan 5, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #7,198 of 7,352
I do have iSines for two years. I do like them a lot but some key negative points to understand:
-no isolation at all
-comfort level can be tricky
-need to EQ without the lighting cable

I would really recommend to get the lighting cable and usb-c reduction.

Hi,
I'm planning on grabbing B-stock iSine 10s from Adorama. Are these still worth it compared to chi fi iems such as the starfields ? I will be using them at home so isolation isn't a big issue. Also, how do the iSines compare to other planar headphones/iems such as the m1060s and tin p1. Really drawn to these since I've always wanted to try planar headphones.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Jan 5, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #7,199 of 7,352
I do have iSines for two years. I do like them a lot but some key negative points to understand:
-no isolation at all
-comfort level can be tricky
-need to EQ without the lighting cable

I would really recommend to get the lighting cable and usb-c reduction.

Thank you for your response,
I have read that the cipher cables effect can be replicated using the reveal plugin with equalizer apo. I will also be exclusively using them at home at my desk so isolation is not really a requirement. Given the circumstances above, would you say the iSine 10s beat everything else in its price range given the b-stock price ($130) ?

Jan 6, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #7,200 of 7,352
Lol. I wish I could answer that. There are thousands of iems in this price bracket.

iSines are little different. Definitely not for everyone. I would definitely recommend them for $130. But the cipher cable is a big plus for me.

Good luck!

Thank you for your response,
I have read that the cipher cables effect can be replicated using the reveal plugin with equalizer apo. I will also be exclusively using them at home at my desk so isolation is not really a requirement. Given the circumstances above, would you say the iSine 10s beat everything else in its price range given the b-stock price ($130) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back