Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 9, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #6,016 of 7,352
Has anyone found a reasonable option for a balanced 2.5mm cable compatible with the iSines? I'm debating whether to buy the new Cipher BT cable vs. picking up the balanced cable to use with my ES100. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Amazon has plenty of reasonable priced 2.5mm balanced 2 pin csbles. I went with 16 core just cuz I like the look of the extra thickness

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #6,017 of 7,352
Unfortunately the SDK for the BT chipset used, does not support EQ changes on the fly, so there will not be an EQ app. But there are several apps on Android platform that can be used to accomplish the same.
It would have required us to use two different chipsets to be used, making the design too complex.
Much thanx @KMann. Hope you can answer a follow-up.

When I use my Android based phone as the BT stream source, what tells / how do I tell the BT Cipher cable that I have an iSine 20 connected, so that it applies the correct DSP program?

Thanx!

P.s. are you planning to attend CanJam NYC this year? Look forward to meeting you, if that is an affirmative.

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #6,018 of 7,352
Has anyone found a reasonable option for a balanced 2.5mm cable compatible with the iSines? I'm debating whether to buy the new Cipher BT cable vs. picking up the balanced cable to use with my ES100. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm not sure where in the world you are, mate, but this is a very good balanced cable at an affordable price. The connectors fit stronger than the included Audeze cables.

I'm sure you can find them on Amazon wherever you are. 20190109_171849.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #6,019 of 7,352
Well, I have the iSINE 10 since this morning and I'm still hallucinating with them. I've been testing them on the Sony WM1A dap (not burned yet) with several high resolution jazz albums and some electronic ones. It's amazing the scene and instrument separation of something so small, the accuracy of all the frequencies and why not say it ...the comfort! I had read some criticisms about how difficult they were to place correctly and I don't agree at all. In fact, they are the iem (if they can be considered an iem to use) more comfortable than I have had. I'm using them with JVC Spiral dots. By the way, in the end, I received by mistake the version that includes the cipher cable, but as my phone is not Apple I will not be able to prove it.

¡Very happy with this wonder of sound engineering!

Edit. Not using any kind of EQ

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #6,020 of 7,352
Also for iPad Pro 2018 and later (usb-c).
And Mac/PC.

I’m on the verge of impulse order it...if only Audeze would setup automatic import duties payment (pretty sure fedex/ups offer this service as other sites do that) for international buyers instead of forcing me to wait at home and handle notes and (euro)pennies to the delivery guy, possibly during a snow storm..

Or at least make your products (all of them bar none, including accessory kits) day-one available on Amazon US with international fulfillment by Amazon and they’ll take care of duties and everything..
They're selling the Bluetooth CIPHER cable in the UK now.

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #6,021 of 7,352
Well, I have the iSINE 10 since this morning and I'm still hallucinating with them. I've been testing them on the Sony WM1A dap (not burned yet) with several high resolution jazz albums and some electronic ones. It's amazing the scene and instrument separation of something so small, the accuracy of all the frequencies and why not say it ...the comfort! I had read some criticisms about how difficult they were to place correctly and I don't agree at all. In fact, they are the iem (if they can be considered an iem to use) more comfortable than I have had. I'm using them with JVC Spiral dots. By the way, in the end, I received by mistake the version that includes the cipher cable, but as my phone is not Apple I will not be able to prove it.

¡Very happy with this wonder of sound engineering!

Edit. Not using any kind of EQ
I was feeling like the only other person who thoroughly enjoys my isine sans eq. Isine 20 and Comply foam .I don't like thesoundof silicone

Jan 9, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #6,022 of 7,352
I was feeling like the only other person who thoroughly enjoys my isine sans eq. Isine 20 and Comply foam .I don't like thesoundof silicone

I will try the foam tips. I usually use them when I'm walking or in a noisy ambient.

Jan 9, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #6,023 of 7,352
I will try the foam tips. I usually use them when I'm walking or in a noisy ambient.
I like them due to warmer/more accurate tone IMO. Not all foam created equal. No deep insertion. Silicone makes the treble a little tinny while reducing body of the miss, to my ears

Jan 9, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #6,024 of 7,352
Amazon has plenty of reasonable priced 2.5mm balanced 2 pin csbles. I went with 16 core just cuz I like the look of the extra thickness
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the iSines take a notched or slotted connector? Therefore, regular 2 pins cables won't work?

To reiterate a previous post, I'm curious if the BT Cipher cable produces better sound quality than the standard cable using 10 band EQ out of a DAP or ES100. Any comments appreciated.

Jan 9, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #6,026 of 7,352
When I use my Android based phone as the BT stream source, what tells / how do I tell the BT Cipher cable that I have an iSine 20 connected, so that it applies the correct DSP program?

The DSP tuning is already baked into the BT cipher cable and should work iSin10-/20/LX. The tuning is very similar to the one in Cipher V2 for iSines.Nothing else is needed from your Android or any other BT device pairedd to it.
P.s. are you planning to attend CanJam NYC this year? Look forward to meeting you, if that is an affirmative.
I will not be there but Audeze will be represented.

Jan 9, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #6,027 of 7,352
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the iSines take a notched or slotted connector? Therefore, regular 2 pins cables won't work?

To reiterate a previous post, I'm curious if the BT Cipher cable produces better sound quality than the standard cable using 10 band EQ out of a DAP or ES100. Any comments appreciated.
You are indeed correct about the need for a notched connector. If that notch isn't present, the cable won't fit.

Jan 9, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #6,028 of 7,352
The DSP tuning is already baked into the BT cipher cable and should work iSin10-/20/LX. The tuning is very similar to the one in Cipher V2 for iSines.Nothing else is needed from your Android or any other BT device pairedd to it.
I see then that I was mistaken all this time that each model [10/20/LX] got it's own eq curve.

Thanx for the add'l info.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #6,029 of 7,352

Enough information for me, just placed an order for the cables. :)

And your local distributor here is charging USD 800 for isine20 without the bt cable. No chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back