Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 9, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #5,041 of 7,352
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a pair of isine 20's and a Chord Mojo. I downloaded EQ APO and have tried the V1 and V2 EQ settings from this forum and like them quite a lot compared to stock, but BR777 this is the best EQ settings i've heard yet on pc with the Mojo.

I have a newb question on your settings. What is the reasoning behind reducing the preamp so much? Also I don't understand the filters very well and if someone would be kind enough to link me to a reference guide for them that would be massively helpful.

I have also been running them through my Pixel 2 & Mojo using Spotify and have been quite pleased with the results even sans cipher cable. I have one last question for now. If i got a lightning to usbc adapter I know I could plug in the cipher to my Pixel 2....but would it work?

61SDcxnNZPL._SL1500_.jpg

won't work. tried. the adapter ok for data. but won't recognize the cypher cable as dac.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #5,043 of 7,352
I have my isine 20 's about 4 months now and still i'm looking to find a match for hifi speakers for my computer

I have tried several hifi speakers with differend amps and active speakers/monitors from around 1000$ or little bit under the 800$ like dynaudio, focal, B&W, camebridge, wharfedale....

All i can say there is really nothing that goes near the Audeze isine 20's when it comes to detail, seperation and certainly their amazing "imaging"
I can't exaplain it, everything sounds just beautiful with these
I have a hard time to find these characteristics in hifi speakers

I'm totally screwed, i think i will need to pay for a speakersystem above 2000$ or maybe 3000$ this is rediculous xd

I use the audeze isine 20 now as a "reference" in my search for good hifi speakers / monitors
I will give a update if i find something that goes near them

I'd recommend the KEF LS50 as well. Not necessarily because they sound alot like the iSine, But they do have incredible detail and imaging for the price.

Or just buy some magnaplanars lol those things sound pretty much identical to an open headphone. Although they're like ten feet tall. But they're well priced.

Apr 10, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #5,044 of 7,352
I'd recommend the KEF LS50 as well. Not necessarily because they sound alot like the iSine, But they do have incredible detail and imaging for the price.

Or just buy some magnaplanars lol those things sound pretty much identical to an open headphone. Although they're like ten feet tall. But they're well priced.
Mangnaplanars hmm Interesting concept, i saw those thin high speakers when i was little when i went with my dad to hi-fi shops
I always wondered if they sounded good, seems to be technology like planars
I will dig deeper into this :wink: but i see they are mostly availble in the USA, europe seems bit harder

Apr 10, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #5,045 of 7,352
Where did you get the cable, do you think a different cable has any effect, and what type of cable do these need? About to be new iSine owner. Coming over from m300 which I fell in love with so looking for a little step up

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #5,046 of 7,352
I have my isine 20 's about 4 months now and still i'm looking to find a match for hifi speakers for my computer

I have tried several hifi speakers with differend amps and active speakers/monitors from around 1000$ or little bit under the 800$ like dynaudio, focal, B&W, camebridge, wharfedale....

All i can say there is really nothing that goes near the Audeze isine 20's when it comes to detail, seperation and certainly their amazing "imaging"
I can't exaplain it, everything sounds just beautiful with these
I have a hard time to find these characteristics in hifi speakers

I'm totally screwed, i think i will need to pay for a speakersystem above 2000$ or maybe 3000$ this is rediculous xd

I use the audeze isine 20 now as a "reference" in my search for good hifi speakers / monitors
I will give a update if i find something that goes near them

The KEF LS50W have waaaaay better imaging than the iSines...it is not even a close match ....IEMs will never image like a good speaker.

The KEFs project depth as well...something IEMs cannot do since the music always sounds like it is playing inside your head.

As far as detail is concerned the iSines are excellent but the KEFs sound more realistic if you close your eyes and imagine the musicians sitting in front of you...again something headphones and IEMs are not capable of doing...

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #5,047 of 7,352
Mangnaplanars hmm Interesting concept, i saw those thin high speakers when i was little when i went with my dad to hi-fi shops
I always wondered if they sounded good, seems to be technology like planars
I will dig deeper into this :wink: but i see they are mostly availble in the USA, europe seems bit harder

The Magnaplanars are the best sounding speakers of any kind I've ever heard. I heard them last June, with my Dad as well lol. At the convention there were all sorts of setups including 200k plus speakers. I think the setup I heard was about 3k including speakers, amp, dac everything. The magnaplanars were presented behind a thin cloth screen. At times it sounded like the guitarist was literally behind it playing. Best sound I've ever heard.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #5,048 of 7,352
For the record the iSine 10s are my favorite in ear I've heard, by preference (haven't heard the 20). For over ear I prefer the Fostex th 900 and HE-1000, as well as some electrostatics I never found out the name of.

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #5,050 of 7,352
Anyone from the UK managed to get a v2 cipher cable from somewhere in Europe yet?
I tried UK sellers but couldn't find one who could supply me with a cable, full price or reduced.

I tried asking Audeze themselves who supplied the link and code but upon checkout it reduces the price by $60 then charges me $55 for economy shipping to a UK city(not somewhere remote) so the final price after 20% VAT on top of the $115 plus handling charges will probably amount to over $160.
Obviously even if I could find them at full price in Europe I might pay less than the reduced Audeze USA price.

Apr 11, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #5,051 of 7,352
Anyone from the UK managed to get a v2 cipher cable from somewhere in Europe yet?
I tried UK sellers but couldn't find one who could supply me with a cable, full price or reduced.

I tried asking Audeze themselves who supplied the link and code but upon checkout it reduces the price by $60 then charges me $55 for economy shipping to a UK city(not somewhere remote) so the final price after 20% VAT on top of the $115 plus handling charges will probably amount to over $160.
Obviously even if I could find them at full price in Europe I might pay less than the reduced Audeze USA price.
Have you tried Exertis, the UK distributor?

Apr 11, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #5,052 of 7,352
I tried in the UK but no joy, here in Italy same story.

I ordered them from Audeze in the US and they shipped them free to a friend in the US who them sent them to me in Italy for $14...took a week to arrive

Apr 11, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #5,054 of 7,352
They should be able to hook you up with a local reseller and also get the Cipher V2 for them.

Apr 11, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #5,055 of 7,352
Currently trying out the mackie MR624 active monitors, not such a well known brand for hifi or studio monitors
Amazing couple speakers they are and they are rediculous cheap :) (only 400€ for the couple)
Very spatious detailled sound, very forward sounding speakers, very wide soundstage (not so deep), amazing instrument separation.
Bass levels are insane deep, low and powerfull, don't even need a sub

They don't sound anything like the Isine 20's, very different signature, much more forward
but i love them

I like them more than dynaudio bm5 MKIII and dynaudio emit 20, adam A7x and other monitors from around 800 - 1000 € i tried
Dynaudio's were more detailed but little bit too much in a "honest" way for me
mackie's have better instrument seperation and more spacious soundstage

I will try the KEF LS50 like many people are recommending me, curious

Heads up for this mackie brand btw :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back