Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Mar 4, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #4,952 of 7,352
The fiio q1 happens to have more output power from it's balanced port which Is mainly why I decided to go the balanced route. Also because some say balanced cables make differences. I'm not trying to have a debate but you can't exactly discredit all these people who hear a difference.

If Fiio puts out more power then using Balanced plug is way to go, of course.

But cable itself doesn't have to be Balanced, I'm not familiar with Fiio Q1, but to trick Onkyo X1 into using both DACs and amps only 2.5 male plug is needed, and 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm adaptor is needed, Onkyo knows that 2.5mm socket is used, and turns on both. Connect a regular SE cable to dangle. I use both, and can't hear any difference. Possibly because technically, separate Ground for my 1.2m cables makes no difference, ground is ground. It's the 2 amps and DACs that make big difference.
Maybe Fiio Q1 behaves in similar manner.

A good 2.5mm TRRS Male to 3.5mm Female dangle costs around $25. Don't buy Fiio's dangle, I did, it doesn't last, plugs are fine, cable is thin and simply breaks, if you use it on the move.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #4,953 of 7,352
I do own a 2.5 mm balanced male to 3.5mm female adapter for use with the stock Audeze 3.5 cable. I did however just fix the wiring on my silver plated ofc cable that I was having phasing issues with and have been A/Bing between the audeze(with adapter) and the new balanced cable and noticed treble extension has improved, instrument separation and clarity has also improved. If what you say is correct then what I'm hearing as improvements are because the higher quality cable used and not because it's wired for balanced. Which if this is the case then I'm am now a believer in cable rolling now. I appreciate your input on this subject tremendously.

Mar 4, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #4,954 of 7,352
I do own a 2.5 mm balanced male to 3.5mm female adapter for use with the stock Audeze 3.5 cable. I did however just fix the wiring on my silver plated ofc cable that I was having phasing issues with and have been A/Bing between the audeze(with adapter) and the new balanced cable and noticed treble extension has improved, instrument separation and clarity has also improved. If what you say is correct then what I'm hearing as improvements are because the higher quality cable used and not because it's wired for balanced. Which if this is the case then I'm am now a believer in cable rolling now. I appreciate your input on this subject tremendously.

Great! So it was phase! Happy you sorted it out, nothing worse than dissapointing sound from new purchase, ruins the day.
And nothing better than good sound, and favorite song in ears ')

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #4,956 of 7,352
I was just in contact with mimic cables and they have explained they wire their balanced termination for AK's hardware which explains my phasing issue. They also stated they have a lifetime repair warranty on all their work. So I'll be sending them back for repair and I give kudos to mimic-cables for the quick response and willingness to help the situation.

Mar 4, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #4,957 of 7,352
Oh gawd, he's back (not you jmotyka, just posted after you). ...Think anyone whose either ears or equipment sucks so bad that they can't hear the diff of better cabling aught'a ****! Especialy not write tl;dr posts ta boot. Last straw. Twit filter ON too now. Blast me all you want; dont care; wont see it.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #4,958 of 7,352
Preamp: -7 dB
Filter: ON LSC 10 dB Fc 30 Hz Gain 7 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 650 Hz Gain -5 dB Q 0.5
Filter: ON PK Fc 1300 Hz Gain -7 dB Q 1.5
Filter: ON PK Fc 1800 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 4200 Hz Gain 8 dB Q 0.9
Filter: ON PK Fc 6500 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.5
Filter: ON HSC 40 dB Fc 6500 Hz Gain -3 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 12500 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 5

I'm trying to EQ the iSines so it can present violins effortlessly, but it's a very hard task.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #4,961 of 7,352
I searched this thread and found this if it's any use.
I would point out though that the iSine is not noise isolating and IMHO, to get the best out of it you need an iDevice or you need a good DAP with configurable EQ.
The upside is, the iSine is a lot cheaper :wink:

Mar 9, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #4,962 of 7,352
how does the shure SE846 compare to the isines ? a friend is asking me, I have the isine 10 but never had a chance to listen to the se846, any comments appreciated

I have both, Isines blow away the Shure 846. And SE535. And every other Shure Armature.

Unless you need complete sound isolation, that Shure memory foam tips allow, in noisy situtatios, airplane noise, loud noise from very loud street noise. That's where Shure have advantage, but it isn't the sound quality, it's the noise isolation. They are closed design, with very tight fit to ear canal

As far as sound quality, no comparison, Isines win.
Allthough I use isine 20 daily, I'm very familiar with 10, they are very similar, and both Isines walk over ever Armature IEM that I've heard, and I've listened to all major Armature and Dynamic IEM manufacturers, including UE 18, and other flagships.

Mar 10, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #4,963 of 7,352
Feedback appreciated for this EQ APO setting? :>
I've spent a good two days tinkering with this but can't seem to get anywhere.
Preamp: -6 dB
Filter: ON LSC 10 dB Fc 30 Hz Gain 8 dB
Filter: ON LSC 20 dB Fc 1200 Hz Gain -3 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 1200 Hz Gain -6 dB Q 1
Filter: ON HSC 50 dB Fc 2200 Hz Gain 8 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 2600 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 3800 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 4
Filter: ON PK Fc 7000 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 5
Filter: ON PK Fc 8000 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 5
Filter: ON HSC 15 dB Fc 5000 Hz Gain -10 dB

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #4,965 of 7,352
Feedback appreciated for this EQ APO setting? :>
I've spent a good two days tinkering with this but can't seem to get anywhere.
Preamp: -6 dB
Filter: ON LSC 10 dB Fc 30 Hz Gain 8 dB
Filter: ON LSC 20 dB Fc 1200 Hz Gain -3 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 1200 Hz Gain -6 dB Q 1
Filter: ON HSC 50 dB Fc 2200 Hz Gain 8 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 2600 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 3800 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 4
Filter: ON PK Fc 7000 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 5
Filter: ON PK Fc 8000 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 5
Filter: ON HSC 15 dB Fc 5000 Hz Gain -10 dB

woah. no offense, but these settings look like a bomb went off and you collected the rubble in a pile. just the basic code of how the filters are written in eq apo is way wrong. I'm surprised this even works at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back