Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 9, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #4,892 of 7,352
Feb 9, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #4,893 of 7,352
Feb 10, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #4,894 of 7,352
I just picked these up from a headfi-er this week in basically brand new condition and these things are really spectacular! I was hesistant for a while on getting these but they've become affordable in the used market and I'm happy I gave these a shot.

I have had a variety of planar over-ear headphones in the past and these are right on-par with them with some EQ (thanks Audeze for the eq suggestions) and spinfit tips! I didnt like the stock tips - they sounded dark and muddy, and foam tips were too complicated to put on but spinfits made putting these things on a breeze and fit was great. They also increased some of the missing treble and even'd out the sound a bit. I also tried Symbio-W hybrid tips as well but didnt like them for these earphones.

Overall I'm thrilled with how they sound. I'm using them with SpinFits and the earlocks (which were a pain in the rear to set up!).

They sound great through my Cayin N3 but even better through the Magni 2. I was also able to mod some KZ cables to make them work so now I am using KZ braided cables with them as well as using the KZ Bluetooth (apt-x) cable and all work just fine.

Feb 11, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #4,895 of 7,352
Friday I decided to get rid of the 16gb ipod touch and get a 128gb 6th gen. Right now I'm in the process of filling it with Tidal HIFI which I hope should be around 3k songs .I will say that it is probably the ultimate portable hifi rig. Its a very small and light setup.

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #4,896 of 7,352
These earphones are so hard to equalize, especially without proper equipment. Wish someone with measuring equipment would try to equalize them to something truly more neutral, closer to HD650, but with airier treble (~6KHz)

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #4,897 of 7,352
These earphones are so hard to equalize, especially without proper equipment. Wish someone with measuring equipment would try to equalize them to something truly more neutral, closer to HD650, but with airier trwble (~6KHz)
What software are you using for EQ? isine 20's are more HD650 warm signature but still bit different tho

Use your own preference/ears and feeling with equalizing, don't stare too much blind on what "neutral" sound is.
Everyone's ears are diffent, if you really want to archieve neutral sound you need to measure your ears also first, and then you need to buy expensive measuring sound equipment. but then again: what is neutral sound?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #4,898 of 7,352
I have the Reveal plugin and I use FabFilter Pro-Q 2 for EQ. I can use the Reveal as a basis for equalization, but I prefer doing everything in FabFilter.
I find the iSine and HD650 extremely different. I can't call the iSine warm or anything before EQ, because their frequency response is so off I can't really listen to anything like that..

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #4,899 of 7,352
I have the Reveal plugin and I use FabFilter Pro-Q 2 for EQ. I can use the Reveal as a basis for equalization, but I prefer doing everything in FabFilter.
I find the iSine and HD650 extremely different. I can't call the iSine warm or anything before EQ, because their frequency response is so off I can't really listen to anything like that..

If I look at your decription you are using the isine 10 right?
If you want the HD650 signature with the Isine 10's you will need to boost the 250hz - 500hz range a bit for more warm sound
The isine 20's have more warm signature than 10's

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #4,901 of 7,352
Anyone use poweramp alpha and can show me how what eq is best for these? The Isines a planar magnetic and everyone knows what planars love. They love power, they way these are being sold with just the lightning cable I find is in correct, instead I reckon give us a better quality cable and let us power them ourselves. Using my Fiio Q5 then hooking it up to the Elemental Watson, the Isine 20 sing and thats with no messing about with Eq, the better the source and the more power you give them, the tonality does improve, but still feel it does need the eq fix. So anyone can help?

Feb 17, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #4,902 of 7,352
Trying out the ifi DSD micro BL today with the 20s, sounds really great so far and plenty of power.
The iSine 20 with EQ powered by iFi micro - iDSD Black Label and XBass+ switched on is
party.gif

Feb 19, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #4,904 of 7,352
Feb 21, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #4,905 of 7,352
Hello can someone help me out, so i'm new to using eq simply a complete noob with eq haha. I'm trying to get the Isine 20 close to neutral as possible but not sure how i'm going so far. I'm using power amp alpha, can someone please help me out cos i'm truly struggling right now. This is how I have my eq currently not sure if its rubbish or ok.
Screenshot_20180221-184753.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back