Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 1, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #4,486 of 7,352
Has anyone used isines while biking outdoors? I’m thinking the lack of isolation might make them safer than traditional in-ears. Wondering if wind significantly intrudes on the sound. Also concerned about how they would hold up to trail dust. I know, not really the intended use.

Haven't used it in wind, so couldn't comment on that. Trail dust + open back design + delicate planar drivers doesn't seem like a good mix IMO.

Jan 1, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #4,490 of 7,352
Has anyone used isines while biking outdoors? I’m thinking the lack of isolation might make them safer than traditional in-ears. Wondering if wind significantly intrudes on the sound. Also concerned about how they would hold up to trail dust. I know, not really the intended use.
North-Rhine-Westphalia in Germany is quite windy. And yes they unfortunately pick up the wind and produce own wind sounds like a old car.

Jan 1, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #4,491 of 7,352
It's winter here so I can't test them out, but I wouldn't. When you add a helmet and sunglasses, plus in my case mountain biking, I don't see these staying in place. Maybe for road biking.

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #4,493 of 7,352

IIRC, Audeze has stated they included cycling in their testing and there shouldn't be any problems as far as the iSines are concerned.

I personally would not not be inclined to use them as a safer alternative to in-ears, because I find that the way sound passes through them, it becomes difficult to tell what is in the music and what is in your environment. I use bone-conduction earphones while cycling b/c while they do not sound particularly great, it's much easier to tell where sound is coming from around you in situations where audio cues may be important for safety.

But all my riding is on city streets full of extremely aggro drivers, so YMMV.

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #4,494 of 7,352
Also wondering how they fit for those who wear glasses

I haven't had problems. If you use the surefire earlocks, there will be no conflict with glasses for sure. When using the over-ear hooks, there should still be no problem b/c glasses are up against your head and the hooks are up against the ears themselves. At least that's how it goes for me.

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #4,495 of 7,352

Open design Planars and trail dust...:triportsad:

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #4,497 of 7,352
Apologies if this has been asked, but is the iSine Cipher cable compatible with any 2-pin IEM? I see Moon Audio is selling just the cable and I was hoping to use that on my 64 Audio CIEMs.

As far as I can tell it should be compatible, but I'm not seeing anything saying it would or wouldn't be.

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #4,498 of 7,352
Apologies if this has been asked, but is the iSine Cipher cable compatible with any 2-pin IEM? I see Moon Audio is selling just the cable and I was hoping to use that on my 64 Audio CIEMs.

As far as I can tell it should be compatible, but I'm not seeing anything saying it would or wouldn't be.

It works with my HiFiMan RE-1000. That said, I don’t recommend using it with a different IEM as they were designed to flatten out the response of the iSine.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #4,499 of 7,352
Appreciate the reply on the compatibility!

Do you know if you can still use the Audeze app to EQ the cable? I'm hoping I can just tweak the EQ to adjust it to my liking. I'm kind of in a spot where I need a new cable for my CIEMs regardless so I figured I might as well get one with a proper connector for my phone instead of trying something like a standard cable and a FiiO i1. Just want an all-in-one solution if I can since I only use my CIEMS for portable use these days.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #4,500 of 7,352
Appreciate the reply on the compatibility!

Do you know if you can still use the Audeze app to EQ the cable? I'm hoping I can just tweak the EQ to adjust it to my liking. I'm kind of in a spot where I need a new cable for my CIEMs regardless so I figured I might as well get one with a proper connector for my phone instead of trying something like a standard cable and a FiiO i1. Just want an all-in-one solution if I can since I only use my CIEMS for portable use these days.

The EQ will still work. Wish it was parametric though. There are other cables out there as well. The issue is that most that I’ve tried have a horrible noise floor that is too high creating a loud hiss. I wouldn’t mind a BT cable either with AAC/APT-X support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back