Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 3, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #4,501 of 7,352
If I wish to share and EQ (using fabfilter Pro Q 2) for you guys to give your opinion about, what's the best way to do it?
This is a weird try, but I find it less sibilant than Audeze's Reveal EQs and more intimate. Still not satisfied, though. Always getting this "boxy" sound...

If someone manages to get a signature which is close to the HD650 or LCD-2, I would really like to see what are the EQ settings he uses.

These are the parameters:

Filter 1: ON PK Fc 1624 Hz Gain -7,46 dB Q 1,45
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 1989 Hz Gain 4.63 dB Q 2,61
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 2663 Hz Gain 5,03 dB Q 4,07
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 4597 Hz Gain 5,35 dB Q 12,72
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 5592 Hz Gain 5,51 dB Q 3,66
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 6921 Hz Gain -5,19 dB Q 11,53
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 9093 Hz Gain 6,16 dB Q 8,99
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 10246 Hz Gain -5,84 dB Q 13,00

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #4,502 of 7,352
Just went to use my 20's and YET AGAIN my left driver has stopped working for absolutely no reason. what is this now the fourth time?!?!? ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. great customer service or not, the quality control on these headphones is unacceptable. I am so gentle with these headphones. This is really frustrating. If I wasn't so attached to the sound I should have asked for a refund a long time ago.

Welp, guess who's right driver just died :jecklinsmile:

HUGE REMINDER FOR ANYONE BUYING THE ISINE 20'S:
KEEP YOUR INVOICE AND RECEIPT.

To claim warranty service, you will need to provide a serial number and an invoice/bill of sale from an Authorized dealer. There is no warranty service for products purchased from non-authorized Audeze dealers.

So if you buy your iSine's online from an official dealer and lose your proof of purchase, you're stuck with $600 paperweights. Fairly disappointed with this, I own cheaper earphones that lasted 20 years (Etymotic Research ER4S *cough cough*). lol.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #4,503 of 7,352
Appreciate the reply on the compatibility!

Do you know if you can still use the Audeze app to EQ the cable? I'm hoping I can just tweak the EQ to adjust it to my liking. I'm kind of in a spot where I need a new cable for my CIEMs regardless so I figured I might as well get one with a proper connector for my phone instead of trying something like a standard cable and a FiiO i1. Just want an all-in-one solution if I can since I only use my CIEMS for portable use these days.

The Shure Lightning Adaptor might be better for your use case.

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #4,505 of 7,352
Appreciate the reply on the compatibility!

Do you know if you can still use the Audeze app to EQ the cable? I'm hoping I can just tweak the EQ to adjust it to my liking. I'm kind of in a spot where I need a new cable for my CIEMs regardless so I figured I might as well get one with a proper connector for my phone instead of trying something like a standard cable and a FiiO i1. Just want an all-in-one solution if I can since I only use my CIEMS for portable use these days.

The Cipher cable that Moon Audio is the 1st version which has issues, so I'd just buy the $120 v2 from Audeze's website if you want one. I have the Cipher cable and I can confirm it will physically fit into most other 2 pin IEMs. I just haven't tried changing the EQ to match different IEMs because I use them with my iSines too much. The only problem that comes to mind would be that even if you could get the ideal EQ, the Cipher cable still has DSP that's specifically for the iSines, so it might sound different than its supposed to. I can actually test it sometime and let you know.

If you're just looking for a 2-pin to lightning cable, Noble Audio sells one for $50 online that's pretty good quality in my opinion.

This makes me wonder if any other companies are developing their own version of a Cipher cable right now.

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #4,506 of 7,352
The Cipher cable that Moon Audio is the 1st version which has issues, so I'd just buy the $120 v2 from Audeze's website if you want one. I have the Cipher cable and I can confirm it will physically fit into most other 2 pin IEMs. I just haven't tried changing the EQ to match different IEMs because I use them with my iSines too much. The only problem that comes to mind would be that even if you could get the ideal EQ, the Cipher cable still has DSP that's specifically for the iSines, so it might sound different than its supposed to. I can actually test it sometime and let you know.

If you're just looking for a 2-pin to lightning cable, Noble Audio sells one for $50 online that's pretty good quality in my opinion.

This makes me wonder if any other companies are developing their own version of a Cipher cable right now.

Did Noble ever add a remote and mic to the cable? Only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #4,508 of 7,352
I don't think so. I've heard somewhere that an inline mic and remote actually affects sound quality slightly. I wonder if that's why Noble didn't add it.

I really don't see how it could... The Cipher cable definitely has one. It's possible to have the entire setup (wiring) be such that the remote and mic don't interface with the drivers, the cabling goes straight from the logic/mother board over to the Lightning input/output jack.

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #4,509 of 7,352
I really don't see how it could... The Cipher cable definitely has one. It's possible to have the entire setup (wiring) be such that the remote and mic don't interface with the drivers, the cabling goes straight from the logic/mother board over to the Lightning input/output jack.
That makes sense considering its connected to the lightning port which has multiple connections. I was mixing it up in my mind with the old apple 3.5mm jack that had the inline mic/controls. But I'm not even certain if that makes a difference. In any case, it would be nice if Noble added inline controls.

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #4,510 of 7,352
That makes sense considering its connected to the lightning port which has multiple connections. I was mixing it up in my mind with the old apple 3.5mm jack that had the inline mic/controls. But I'm not even certain if that makes a difference. In any case, it would be nice if Noble added inline controls.

There were some really bad in-line controls back in the day that 3rd parties created that would be audible through the drivers and do other weird stuff. But yeah, I'd love for Noble to add in-line controls. They are sold out on their website right now (though they sell for 80), maybe they will for the next batch.

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #4,511 of 7,352
I almost got one off eBay for the isine20 with cipher cable for 380 but opened another tab to read head-fi reviews and just reminded me of the bad fit and you have to use the cipher cable to get good sound out of it and decided to forget it.... you really gotta want these to over come some major set back for these.... i bet the next iteration will be really good

Jan 3, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #4,513 of 7,352
I have a Noble IEM with the lightning cable and it does not have a remote or mike. In addition the 2 pin adapter does not have the indentation to fit the iSine. I just tried and it wouldn’t fit.

Darn. Well that means I won’t work with my RE1000. Too bad :frowning2: thanks for the info though, much appreciated.

Jan 3, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #4,514 of 7,352
Speaking of Cipher, I can't wait to see what Audeze might be cooking up next for this wonderful Platform.

I'd love to see an EL-8 sequel that really takes the LCD flavor and makes it portable in an overear. EL-8 titanium was great but seems to be in the sunset, especially as the Cipher evolves to better amp/DAC with balanced output in V2. I can't help but notice that the Sine and EL-8 didn't get cable upgrades. Maybe there's something there?

Seriously, though, after having an in-cable System that is perfectly matched to the headphones and a 10 band EQ on Planars I just want more. I've got this EDM tuning and want it BIGGER. LOL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back