Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Oct 30, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #3,991 of 7,352
This is 100% because of the eq profile built into the cipher cable (not the audeze app). Using the same eq signature with a better source and amp than the cipher (like a mojo) will give you the ultimate sound quality. Here is the original cipher eq:
If you don't have a parametric eq, you can use equalizerAPO on your pc, it's free and system wide. It's what I use. There has also been posted two alternatives to the original, to tame the 4k peak that bothers some people (I prefer the original).

Hello folks how do i adapt similar curves to other EQ settings that are capped by the apps

I have one that is : 45hz; 120hz; 300hz; 800hz; 2khz; 5khz and 14khz thoose are the only values that Captune on Iphone can change.

Thanks!

Oct 30, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #3,992 of 7,352
To check if you're earphones are out of polarity just try the test tones here: http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_polaritycheck.php

It also useful for the curious who'd like to know how out of polarity sounds :)
That link lines up with what I recently experienced. Bass reduced and so did loudness. Imaging I haven't noticed as iems generally have in your head type experience.

When I swapped left and right, I lost coherency in the mids, and general potential coherency. Mids sounded lower level like it was buried.

I'm realizing the potential benefits of MMCX connectors. Besides left and right swap, polarity swap is impossible.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #3,993 of 7,352
I haven't been able to find any reviews and have only read that some people preferred the 20 to the 10. Can someone who has auditioned both advise on what are the main differences between the two of them sound wise?

Oct 30, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #3,995 of 7,352
Hey, been away from this thread for a while. Seriously missing my i20's for use in the car, at the gym etc...
So what's new in the iSine world?
have anyone compared these to the Monoprice "clones"

Oct 30, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #3,996 of 7,352
I have the opportunity to buy the retail model iSine10 pretty steeply discounted, but honestly didn't love them when I did try them out last time. I just couldn't get used to the fitment and an IEM like these necessitates a perfect fit to get the proper sound. Imaging was incredible, and I actually appreciated the neutrality with the 3.5mm cable vs the Lightning Cipher cable -- in fact, the comfort was better with the 3.5mm cable as the weight of the Cipher electronics tug on the drivers. Am interested to see the next-generation on-ear Sine and hopefully another "consumer-level" over-ear from Audeze. Gotta say I'd rather wait to see if the Lightning on-ear Sine drops below its $300 sale price for Cyber Monday but a steep discount on the iSine10 is a bit tempting even if I didn't think much of them when I tried them last time due to the fitment.

Oct 31, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #3,997 of 7,352
I assume you intend to use ToneBooster that offers 6 bands of parametric EQ.
  1. Start with the EQ I posted here
  2. Since you can only enter 6 bands, in the above EQ (EQ-V1) choose bands 1,2,4,8,9,10.
  3. Enter the Gain, Frequency and Q values in Tone booster.
  4. For filter type, choose 'High shelf' for bands 1 and 10 in EQ-V1 and choose 'Analog bell' for bands 2, 4,8 and 9
This should get you quite close to a neutral. You can then adjust bass using band 1.
Use bands 2 and 9 to increase or decrease energy in the upper-mids.

Can anyone help me make the above instructions work with
9957566.jpg

Edit:
Capture%20_2017-10-31-19-40-40.png

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #3,998 of 7,352
Can anyone help me make the above instructions work with
9957566.jpg

Edit:
Capture%20_2017-10-31-19-40-40.png
Tonebooster is limited to 6 bands so you cannot replicate it exactly. V1 and V2 are my recommended settings for external DACs. I think Neutron player lets you add more bands.

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #3,999 of 7,352
I have the opportunity to buy the retail model iSine10 pretty steeply discounted, but honestly didn't love them when I did try them out last time. I just couldn't get used to the fitment and an IEM like these necessitates a perfect fit to get the proper sound. Imaging was incredible, and I actually appreciated the neutrality with the 3.5mm cable vs the Lightning Cipher cable -- in fact, the comfort was better with the 3.5mm cable as the weight of the Cipher electronics tug on the drivers. Am interested to see the next-generation on-ear Sine and hopefully another "consumer-level" over-ear from Audeze. Gotta say I'd rather wait to see if the Lightning on-ear Sine drops below its $300 sale price for Cyber Monday but a steep discount on the iSine10 is a bit tempting even if I didn't think much of them when I tried them last time due to the fitment.
where to get it deeply discounted please? pm if not convenient.

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #4,000 of 7,352
I've got both the LCD-i4 and iSine 20 and have been comparing them for a few days.

If there is no ambient noise, the LCD-i4 are are clear step up, with much better detail, separation etc. However the iSine 20 are not massively behind.

If there is any ambient noise, like my PC fans, I can't hear much of a difference between the two.

Also from my Sony NW-WM1A they both sound very similar.

From the comments of others I was expecting a much bigger gap between them. Given I am rarely able to listen in silence I'm not sure the extra cost is worth it for my needs.

Agree that for the isine 20, I like how the sound is so different and like others have mentioned not stuck in ear canal like a regular IEM. However, the open design really is itself detrimental to commute use. While it's safer that I can easily hear surrounding ambient noise, the music obviously doesn't sound as good with the extra noise. That's a weird dilemma since the open design allows for better more spacious sound yet doesn't really work in commuting environments or places with ambient where earphones are mostly used. I think these can be great office earphones as they are really comfortable to wear for a long time and your coworkers don't have to scare the living bejeezus out of you every time they need to speak to you.

Nov 2, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #4,002 of 7,352
Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #4,005 of 7,352
Gonna apologize in advance for the noob question. Just switched from Android to iPhone. Been using DF Red over Tidal on my android with the USB Audio App. Assume an apple USB to lighting connector will get the DF Red working on my iPhone or do I need something else? Also, is there a comparable app for IPhone to USB Audio or is it no longer necessary and I can just use the Audeze app to EQ? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back