Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Nov 3, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #4,006 of 7,352
Gonna apologize in advance for the noob question. Just switched from Android to iPhone. Been using DF Red over Tidal on my android with the USB Audio App. Assume an apple USB to lighting connector will get the DF Red working on my iPhone or do I need something else? Also, is there a comparable app for IPhone to USB Audio or is it no longer necessary and I can just use the Audeze app to EQ? Thanks.

Audeze's EQ app only applies if you are using the cipher cable.

Nov 4, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #4,008 of 7,352
For those who use PC or Mac as source, I came across this great audeze reveal plugin on Audeze website yesterday. It is basically the Cipher EQ programed in an AU/VST plugin, not just for iSine, but also for every Audeze headphone/earphone!! I paired it with menuBUS on my Mac to get system wide cipher EQ in 2 mins. For some reason the AU plugin cannot be recognized by AU lab, but the free version menuBUS does the exact same thing and is much easier to setup.

Nov 4, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #4,010 of 7,352
For those who use PC or Mac as source, I came across this great audeze reveal plugin on Audeze website yesterday. It is basically the Cipher EQ programed in an AU/VST plugin, not just for iSine, but also for every Audeze headphone/earphone!! I paired it with menuBUS on my Mac to get system wide cipher EQ in 2 mins. For some reason the AU plugin cannot be recognized by AU lab, but the free version menuBUS does the exact same thing and is much easier to setup.
This is great. Will it work with Tidal though?

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #4,011 of 7,352
This is great. Will it work with Tidal though?

You can load VSTs onto Equalizer APO if you're on Windows. Just select the VST 2.4 version to install during setup.

W8Fnjek.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #4,012 of 7,352
Gotta say I'm very grateful to Audeze for developing and making available this plugin for free. Just in time too; my Roon subscription just ended and I was really only using it for the Audeze presets on there.

Nov 4, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #4,013 of 7,352
Got two very noobish question.

1. Will the iPhone model have any bearing on the eventual sound quality using cipher cable? I do understand that according to the science, it shouldn't since the DAC in use is in the cable itself but there is the possibility of the implementation of the lightning slot in different generations of iPhones having some bearing on the sound

2. I think I heard ramblings in the forum that there might be the possibility for an USB type C variant of the cipher in the works but there's been no updates for a while. Any latest news on these?

Thanks

Nov 4, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #4,015 of 7,352
Hi folks
Am happy owner of an isine20, next to some other gears such as my before favorite combo LCD 2 + ifi micro idsd which is connected to a Violectric V200 headphone amplifier.
I used to listen to this combo quite a while before getting the isine and initially used my iPhone with a camera connection kit and for 6 months I am now using a SONOS connect wired to the IDSD for streaming Spotify and now Apple Music as I found it superior sounding.

Since using the Isine with the Cypher cable I am not using my old combo any more as the Isine with Cypher is so portable and I can much better integrate my listening sessions into my daily life rather than needing to sit fixed in my armchair next to my hard wired gears.
While I was quite happy with the Cypher sound so far I was wondering if I could try my combo idsd plus Isine 20 connected to my IPhone to get less portable but maybe even better sounding combo for special occasions but haven't found good standard suggestions in this thread for equalizer solutions running on the IPhone but aren't equal to Cypher.
Any ideas or is Cypher the non plus ultra for IPhone Users, Otherwise you need some computer to make use of equalizer APO etc.?

PS : am aware of apps like NEUTRON which are fine for local music or NAS streaming but not for Cloud services.
But nevertheless would like to get some equalizer settings for Neutron if anyone has for the isine 20s.
External DACs like my IDSD cannot be equalized directly unfortunately, my SONOS CONNECT Cloud entry point only offers very basic equalizing (treble and bass).

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #4,017 of 7,352
I think it has been suggested before in this thread :
Is it feasible to create some sticky note with a collection of best practices / equalizer settings for the different players OS, e.g.
1. IOS
1.1 Cypher settings
1.2. Neutron settings for standard cable
2. Android
3. MAC OS
4. Windows
4.1. APO

This would make it much easier to get the needed information without needing to scan several hundred pages...

Nov 5, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #4,018 of 7,352
I think it has been suggested before in this thread :
Is it feasible to create some sticky note with a collection of best practices / equalizer settings for the different players OS, e.g.
1. IOS
1.1 Cypher settings
1.2. Neutron settings for standard cable
2. Android
3. MAC OS
4. Windows
4.1. APO

This would make it much easier to get the needed information without needing to scan several hundred pages...
Yes, make it easy to access and place it somewhere in the first posting similar to easy recommendation/links on the Mojo thread.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #4,019 of 7,352
Got mine today and don't own an idevice. They do sound phenomenal in most cases. However, certain vocals do sound a little honky with the Fiio X3II. Can anyone help with EQing these or direct me towards a relevant link. Thanks in advance

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #4,020 of 7,352
This may help. This will work with the latest version of APO
Thank you!

It took me a bit to figure out how to get there, but figured it out.

Had to installed the latest version of Equalizer AOP. The previous version would crash every time I opened it after my initial attempt. So you input was helpful in getting me to install the latest version and tinkering to get it working.

Again, Thank you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back