Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 13, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #3,031 of 7,353
Anyone listen to Brick House by Sara K. on Chesky Records?
Sounds like someone is walking across the floor above, especially around 2:00
These things go much lower than my LCD-2s :ksc75smile:

Jul 13, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #3,032 of 7,353
I have the Shure SE535, do you guys think is worth upgrading to either iSine10 or iSine20?

Jul 13, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #3,033 of 7,353
I have the Shure SE535, do you guys think is worth upgrading to either iSine10 or iSine20?

In a heart beat. Totally different listening experience than any other iEM. Open and airy but not intended to isolate like a Shure. As long as you're good with background noise I'd go for it. It's not a replacement for the 535, it's a different category all together. Still can't beat a standard IEM if you need to cut out background noise and focus but these sound like open back over the ears without all of the weight.

Jul 13, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #3,034 of 7,353
In a heart beat. Totally different listening experience than any other iEM. Open and airy but not intended to isolate like a Shure. As long as you're good with background noise I'd go for it. It's not a replacement for the 535, it's a different category all together. Still can't beat a standard IEM if you need to cut out background noise and focus but these sound like open back over the ears without all of the weight.

Nice. I will definitely consider about it. So i would assume it will be like an open back headphones meaning other people will hear what I am listening to?

Jul 13, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #3,035 of 7,353
They can hear it more than they can hear a traditional IEM but MUCH less than a full size headphone. If you're in a completely quiet environment sitting directly next to someone they may get annoyed but if there is any noise in the room or space between you and your neighbor you should be good to go.

Jul 14, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #3,038 of 7,353
Just got my iSine20 and a new Chord Mojo yesterday. So started trying the different tips and ear devices. They sound really nice with one exception. Seem to be really bass light. I was thinking they might have bass sort of similar to my LCD-X? What bass there is appears to be very tightly controlled just not much of it. Thinking I may not have the right tips on.

Hopefully over time they do get better? They do sound almost surgically clean and precise with good instrument separation etc. Running JRiver on a win7 computer. USB to Mojo to iSine20.

Just missing my bass.

Jul 14, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #3,039 of 7,353
Some people said it has deep bass, others are like me and say it has articulate but light bass. The iSINE are extremely responsive to EQ and the deep bass is easy to EQ in while leaving everything alone. Everything stays clean and articulate.

Jul 14, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #3,040 of 7,353
They can hear it more than they can hear a traditional IEM but MUCH less than a full size headphone. If you're in a completely quiet environment sitting directly next to someone they may get annoyed but if there is any noise in the room or space between you and your neighbor you should be good to go.

I use them in an open office environment. My neighbor doesn't hear them. However, I'm in the recruiting section and it's the louder part of the building compared to software engineering.

You can hear the slightest noise coming from the outside more than the other way around.

That is good to know. When I am wearing an iem with good sound isolation, I definitely couldn't hear anything from outside. I do prefer to hear what's outside so I know if there are cars or trunks near me when I am on the street but without everyone hearing what I am listening to when I am inside. I think I will most likely get an iSine. Any major difference between an iSine10 and iSine20?

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #3,041 of 7,353
I would suggest reading through the thread. Some people hear more difference between the two than others. It may depend on the genre of music you listen too. I bought the 10's off of Amazon and was really pleased. I saw the 20's at a discount from Audio Geek which brought the difference between the 10 and 20's to around $110 so I bought them and returned the 10's. I don't notice much difference but I primarily listen to classical/jazz/acoustic music. Knowing I have what Audeze views as the next step up was worth the minor premium. If you listen to metal/rap/electronic etc you may notice more of a difference. Audio Geek has a 15% listed on their web site but I don't know if it applies to Audeze. I believe I received 15% off but deleted the email receipt.

I thought this was a strong review for the 20's. http://www.metal-fi.com/review-audeze-isine-1020-ear-monitors/

Jul 14, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #3,042 of 7,353
I did spend the time to read the entire thread plus every other review everywhere on the internet. Also the same on the Chord Mojo. I love the way the iSine20 sounds just wish it had the same slamming bass of the LCD-X. What would be the best equalizer application for Win7? That would be happy to work with JRiver? Also going to work with the different tips to see if I can get some heavier bass out of these awesome devices. (Not sure whether to call them IEMS or cans?)

Thanks from the info.

Jul 14, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #3,043 of 7,353
We set up hundreds of systems for clients, these are not bass shy. Accurate bass with the right equipment. Bass is VERY subjective, if your a fan of heavy bass music then quite a few cans will appear bass shy. These don't have 50mm drivers but they do have very accurate bass for sure. You can tweak via eq a little but if you want LDD-x bass wear them and do some neck building exercise. These isine 20's give you 85-90% of the LCD-x without the physical compromise. For what they do, they should be in the Smithsonian. Only SMALL gripe is that you really need to be in a quiet environment as you can hear a pin drop through them. Then again I'm sure that's what makes them sound as good as they do. Best IEM I have hear period. I cant believe the new i4's are supposed to be even better.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #3,044 of 7,353
Jul 14, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #3,045 of 7,353
We set up hundreds of systems for clients, these are not bass shy. Accurate bass with the right equipment. Bass is VERY subjective, if your a fan of heavy bass music then quite a few cans will appear bass shy. These don't have 50mm drivers but they do have very accurate bass for sure. You can tweak via eq a little but if you want LDD-x bass wear them and do some neck building exercise. These isine 20's give you 85-90% of the LCD-x without the physical compromise. For what they do, they should be in the Smithsonian. Only SMALL gripe is that you really need to be in a quiet environment as you can hear a pin drop through them. Then again I'm sure that's what makes them sound as good as they do. Best IEM I have hear period. I cant believe the new i4's are supposed to be even better.

Agree 100%. While it bothers me not at all to wear my X for hours on end, they are not real travel friendly. So I wanted to give these iSine20 a try as I seem to be something of an Audeze fanboy...

I will just play with different tips and I bet I can coax some more bass out of these. Not a big fan of EQ but if I could find a good one to use on my win7 machine would give it a go. And I would be happy with them just the way they are but more bass would be mo betta. Have not tried yet with Mojo connected to iPhone 6+ and iSine20. I suspect will be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back