Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 14, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #3,046 of 7,352
07141715271_zpscrjtncip.jpg

Just joined the club.

I listen to a variety of music and on every genre they are bass light with stock tuning. I'm also comparing them to the ex1000 which is also open and has a flat bass response, the ex has more bass than these.

these things need eqing to sound good.

Definitely not a basshead set. Gives good articulate bass, but no where near basshead.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #3,047 of 7,352
I'm a basshead and also love the ex1000. It's bass also needs to be EQed in to come alive just as much as the iSINE requires. But I am also getting some really meaty bass from my 20s with the bass boosts from my iFi micro stack. The iTube2 bass switch which is meant for speakers is a really good match with for it. I would recommend it in any home system really.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #3,049 of 7,352
Just joined the club.

I listen to a variety of music and on every genre they are bass light with stock tuning. I'm also comparing them to the ex1000 which is also open and has a flat bass response, the ex has more bass than these.

these things need eqing to sound good.

Definitely not a basshead set. Gives good articulate bass, but no where near basshead.

Eh, yeah, well I've yet to hear a planar that was actually a basshead headphone, at least not on the level of the extreme basshead phones. :unamused:

Jul 14, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #3,050 of 7,352
What you be the best pairing for Isine20 out of Chord Mojo (with Sony Z3 compact ->ORG via USB audio Pro in flight mode), Sony PHA2 (with Sony Z3 compact ->ORG via USB audio Pro in flight mode), Fiio X7 with AM1, Onkyo DS X1 or QP1R?

Are there balanced cable for iSine20 available? Will the balanced say Onkyo DS X1 or via Fiio X7 AM3 be better?

Jul 14, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #3,051 of 7,352
Also question for those who has LCDi4- with good EQ of iSine20 vs non EQ LCDi4 - by what margin will it outclass realistically?. I know this is a hard one but from where I am coming from well driven HE1000 (say with Violectric V280/V850) vs Philips X2 via a decent DAP for me was say on average 80%-85%

Jul 14, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #3,052 of 7,352
I auditioned these today and the tips in the box weren't my cup of tea, luckily I brought my go to tips thr JVC spirals and bam these things came alive! My only gripe is the treble can be a bit hot at times. I have not and will not EQ anything I own so I will neec to play around with them a bit more before I decide whether or not Im going to buy them. The shop I tried them at was nice enough to loan them to me for a few days.

Jul 15, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #3,054 of 7,352
Also question for those who has LCDi4- with good EQ of iSine20 vs non EQ LCDi4 - by what margin will it outclass realistically?. I know this is a hard one but from where I am coming from well driven HE1000 (say with Violectric V280/V850) vs Philips X2 via a decent DAP for me was say on average 80%-85%

If you go over to the i4 thread there are a number of us who have both the i4 and the isine20 and have given our impressions around the differenve between the two. Simply put, the i4 is on a completely different level from the isines 20. It is a major and immediately noticeable step up in terms of sound quality in pretty much all aspects--resolution, transparency, clarity, soundstage, bass extension, bass impact, treble extension, soundstage, midrange, prat, etc. I'm not going to put a number on the percentage improvement because that's so subjective as to be meaningless, but suffice to say there is a major, immediately noticeable improvement across the board with the i4. The isines and i4 are clearly in the same family, as in the physical design is very similar and both are semi-open, non-isolating iems, but the i4 is simply in a different class, head and shoulders above the isines.

The i4 is more power hungry than the isines, so while it still sounds good out of an phone, you may not be able to get the volume level you want plugged directly into a phone. You will want to use an amp of some kind to get the most out of it. It doesn't need to be a super powerful amp--I have found the i4 sounds quite great out of my cozoy REI, which is a dac/amp with no battery that uses power from your phone/dap/computer (the volume does need to be almost all the way up). It sounds spectacular out of a mojo. i4 also scales extremely well with higher quality sources and amps.

Jul 15, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #3,055 of 7,352
If you go over to the i4 thread there are a number of us who have both the i4 and the isine20 and have given our impressions around the differenve between the two. Simply put, the i4 is on a completely different level from the isines 20. It is a major and immediately noticeable step up in terms of sound quality in pretty much all aspects--resolution, transparency, clarity, soundstage, bass extension, bass impact, treble extension, soundstage, midrange, prat, etc. I'm not going to put a number on the percentage improvement because that's so subjective as to be meaningless, but suffice to say there is a major, immediately noticeable improvement across the board with the i4. The isines and i4 are clearly in the same family, as in the physical design is very similar and both are semi-open, non-isolating iems, but the i4 is simply in a different class, head and shoulders above the isines.

The i4 is more power hungry than the isines, so while it still sounds good out of an phone, you may not be able to get the volume level you want plugged directly into a phone. You will want to use an amp of some kind to get the most out of it. It doesn't need to be a super powerful amp--I have found the i4 sounds quite great out of my cozoy REI, which is a dac/amp with no battery that uses power from your phone/dap/computer (the volume does need to be almost all the way up). It sounds spectacular out of a mojo. i4 also scales extremely well with higher quality sources and amps.

I have the i4's and the iSINE's 20 and it would almost seem a sin to connect the i4's straight to a phone. They are amazing but truly benefit from a quality source.

Sorrick - Where did you find the Cozoy REI and what do you think about it? I was considering it for a pair of very sensitive IEM's I have and it has received a few very positive reviews but I can't find it in the US. It's available on ebay but it still ships from Hong Kong.

Jul 15, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #3,056 of 7,352
I'm not a bass head but found the bass of the 20 to be very light.
I am considering the the 10's. Do they have more bass?
I auditioned them with the cypher cable without eq.
Any suggestions?

Jul 15, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #3,058 of 7,352
I guess I am in the minority when it comes to bass, I had go reverse V on the EQ with Cipher mainly because to my ears the bass presented with too much distortion. Without the Cipher most of the music I listen to had a more distortion free presentation. Also, I have been listening with a higher quality cable (less than $100) and in my instance prefer it over the piece of angel hair pasta that came in the box

Jul 15, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #3,059 of 7,352
To have full headphone sound in your ears without the weight is great. Im not really into headphones and only have 1 pair the PM3 which ive had for a few years now.
Here is the i20 with Hugo2, great combo!
[/QUOTEWell

What cable is that in the picture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back