Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 29, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #2,867 of 7,352
Is there any instructions on how to store those away on the carrying pouch it comes with? I just got the isine10's and it seems like it is built to wrap the cable around the foam block but the IEM itself doesn't fit because of the earhooks. Am I supposed to detach the earhooks everytime?

I just bought a couple of inexpensive case from gearbest and banggood. I didn't bother with the included case, as I didn't want to have to remove the clips or break them by not removing them. I don't think it was a well though out case.

Got a smaller case that fits the iSine and a larger one that fits the iSine and the Shanling M1 DAP.

iSine small case.jpg iSine large case.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #2,868 of 7,352
From what I've heard you are supposed to place the ear pieces in the foam and wrap the cable around it (like the image below) and it make sense since there is a slot on the bottom of it but it's weird that the earhooks sticks out... I wonder if someone found a better solution to that.

You could take out the foam. Personally I'm using a Pelican 1010 case with my iSines

Jun 30, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #2,870 of 7,352
Does anyone know of a good place to get a replacement cable for these headphones? My analog cable is already breaking at the 3.5mm connection. I've looked around online for 2 pin connector cables and the only ones I could find that had the little notch in the middle of the connector like the stock iSine 2-pin connection has were like $100+. Will any standard 2-pin westone cable work with these? I didn't see the center notch on any of the westone 2-pin cables. The Audeze site says that the iSine 10s use a standard 2-pin connection, but I don't want to buy something only to have it come and not work.

Contact Audeze. I cannot emphasise that more. Mine had cracked at both the 3.5mm end and one of the connectors even though I treat my iSines with kid gloves. They replaced the cable without hesitation - superb customer service there.

In the meantime I also picked up the veclan.com espresso cable that some people have mentioned, simply because the stiffness of the stock cable was annoying me and I wanted a softer, more flexible cable that didn't have a mind of its own. Also, it's fantastic value. I have to say I wasn't keen on its sound when it first arrived - it came across as being drier and harsher than stock - but seems to have settled in since. Or maybe I got used to it. Whatevs. :)

Jun 30, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #2,872 of 7,352
Has anybody used these bicycling or even outside on a windy day? Is wind turbulence an issue? Currently cycling in the city with UERM and the isolation can make for some dangerous moments.
TIA

Jun 30, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #2,873 of 7,352
Question #2:
Did @jude ever review these?

Jun 30, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #2,874 of 7,352
Can't y'all just make a cutout in the back of the isine case foam for the ear hooks? Shouldn't need to cut out much and should be easy with an exacto.

Jul 1, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #2,875 of 7,352
I'm considering buying the 20s, I would be using them while wearing a beanie over the top of them sometimes, would this affect the sound greatly?

*Edit* I'd really appreciate it if any owners of these, who also own a beanie could do the experiment for me please. : ]

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #2,876 of 7,352
I'm considering buying the 20s, I would be using them while wearing a beanie over the top of them sometimes, would this affect the sound greatly?

*Edit* I'd really appreciate it if any owners of these, who also own a beanie could do the experiment for me please. : ]
yes, it will affect the sound just like when covering the back of any open headphone, but not as severe as a full-size one.

Jul 1, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #2,877 of 7,352
After stalking the forum for a few weeks,

I finally auditioned isine 20 + mojo with a friend of mine in my local audio shop.

Both of us had the same "impression".

It doesn't have a sound stage like a good full size headphone (HD 800, Audeze, hifiman) or the clarity + accuracy of a good iem (jh, ue, um).

Still, that's just our "impression", personally I prefer more sub bass and sweet mid like angie but with a little more sparkle high.

My friend likes analytical, micro detail and metallic sound so the isine 20 sounded very neutral an average without over emphasizing any of the frequencies.

Jul 1, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #2,878 of 7,352

I finally auditioned isine 20 + mojo with a friend of mine in my local audio shop.

It doesn't have a sound stage like a good full size headphone (HD 800, Audeze, hifiman) or the clarity + accuracy of a good iem (jh, ue, um).

Still, that's just our "impression", personally I prefer more sub bass and sweet mid like angie but with a little more sparkle high.

My friend likes analytical, micro detail and metallic sound so the isine 20 sounded very neutral an average without over emphasizing any of the frequencies.

Well, it a very open sounding in-ear, at the level many open headphone. BUT you really can't expect it to be at the level of the most open of open headphone. Few things, if any, are as open as the HD 800. Some would even call it artificially so (though I personally have never heard one).

Some of the most highly regarded headphone are known to have a relatively narrow stage for open headphone (HD 600/650, Focal Utopia).

Being a Semi open in-ear you also wont hear the same detail as of isolating IEMs, and really I wouldn't expect to. I can understand someone preferring the isolation of IEM.

It's somewhere in between more open than typical IEM, but still offering some intimacy in the vocals. Like anything else, it may not please everyone, but I think it's pretty darn fantastic for the money, particularly the iSine 10. A lot of those headphone/IEM you mentions are fairly pricey (the 20s are a bit pricey as well).

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #2,879 of 7,352
Well, it a very open sounding in-ear, at the level many open headphone. BUT you really can't expect it to be at the level of the most open of open headphone. Few thing if any are as open as the HD 800, some would even call it artificially so. Some of the most highly regarded headphone are known to have a relatively narrow stage for open headphone (HD 600/650, Focal Utopia).

Being a Semi open in-ear you also wont hear the same detail as of isolating IEMs, and really I wouldn't expect to. I can understand someone preferring the isolation of IEM.

It's somewhere in between more open than typical IEM, but still offering some intimacy in the vocals. Like anything else, it may not please everyone, but I think it's pretty darn fantastic for the money, particularly the iSine 10. A lot of those headphone/IEM you mentions are fairly pricey (the 20s are a bit pricey as well).

I should add that I think the bass improves with burn in. They do benefit from bass boost. I find the iSine 20 to be very addictive. The sound-stage is large with good dynamics throughout. The mids have that wonderful Audeze naturalness and smoothness. Treble is good and bass, when boosted really comes alive with impact, slam, and richness.
When I first listened to them I instantly had buyer's remorse, but a week in, and I can't keep them out of my ears. Using an iBasso DX200, on high gain.
Agree that they lack TOTL detail, but for the price range that they sell at, they are just fine.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #2,880 of 7,352

You both went to audition the wrong ieh if you were after those technical abilities. Lobby your audio shop to get the LCD-i4 to demo. Then come back to your post :wink:
see you in the other product thread soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back