Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 3, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #2,896 of 7,352
Comply do work best with a full ear insert but IMHO still provide a more balanced Bass with shallow depth. I think the shape of the iSine kind of pulls/keeps them toward the mid/outer side of the ear canal rather than them being super deep. I find they sound best in the mid/outer area with full insertion but the shallow sounds really cool too.

Jul 4, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #2,897 of 7,352
So... I have a question for you guys. I have the iSine 20's, great cans for when I'm walking around. I like the open design so I can hear when I am walking.. but when I'm on the train, I like isolation, and my "isolation" IEMs are etymotic HF5's, but they sound terrible in comparison. Can anyone suggest some isolating IEM's that are at all close to the same league as the iSine's?

Jul 4, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #2,898 of 7,352
So... I have a question for you guys. I have the iSine 20's, great cans for when I'm walking around. I like the open design so I can hear when I am walking.. but when I'm on the train, I like isolation, and my "isolation" IEMs are etymotic HF5's, but they sound terrible in comparison. Can anyone suggest some isolating IEM's that are at all close to the same league as the iSine's?
while I'd love to see an answer to this one also, however, for my experience, using these on train (I live in NYC) for me is still acceptable. cranking up the volume 1 or 2 notch eliminate most of the noise for me. perhaps because the eartips fit me perfectly :D
my MDR 1000X has been gathering dust ever since I got isine (messed around with EQ for couple hours, now it's heaven)

Jul 4, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #2,899 of 7,352

EASY. AKG N40. Amazing soundstage and performance. On par with the iSines.

I own both.

TWIN

Jul 4, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #2,900 of 7,352
EASY. AKG N40. Amazing soundstage and performance. On par with the iSines.

I own both.

TWIN

Totally agree but with a caveat, they need a good source. I use my dx200 and they sound great. Otherwise they will sound good but not at their potential.

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #2,904 of 7,352
He means sibilance in the music

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #2,905 of 7,352
Hi,

Please PM with your address and i'll ship out some groovy tips along with a set of the new larger ear hooks.

Regards
There seems to be a real problem with getting the Groovy Kit in the UK.

I PM'd Steph86 on 20 June after he posted this, but received no response.

I recently contacted my dealer, who contacted the distributor. They had no proper kits, but scraped together spare bits to make me one, which I'm buying for £12.50 including postage.

Audeze it would be great if you could work with the UK distributors to sort out this issue, as I'm sure plenty of owners want the kit.

Jul 4, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #2,907 of 7,352
Can ypu explain "tisss"?

By Tiss, I mean the sound getting waaaay to hot, like when hitting the higher notes on a saxophone, it is like my skull begins to rattle, though I'm not using them at excessive volumes. I really want to like them, but my hearing is quite sensitive to certain frequencies.

Happens to me when I don't have a good seal.
I use comply foam as well as the provided silicone plugs, but nothing gets better. Have no one ever had that sense, when your neck and head just starts to tighten because of music cutting like a knife in your ears. Unfortunately I have it with these.

Jul 4, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #2,908 of 7,352
By Tiss, I mean the sound getting waaaay to hot, like when hitting the higher notes on a saxophone, it is like my skull begins to rattle, though I'm not using them at excessive volumes. I really want to like them, but my hearing is quite sensitive to certain frequencies.

I use comply foam as well as the provided silicone plugs, but nothing gets better. Have no one ever had that sense, when your neck and head just starts to tighten because of music cutting like a knife in your ears. Unfortunately I have it with these.
What source are you using them with? I've got the 20s rather than the 10s, but the sound signature is supposedly pretty similar, and I've never heard anything like that.

Jul 4, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #2,909 of 7,352
Some people earlier in the thread complained about the sibilance too. I think they said -4 db in the 4khz range worked for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back