Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 2, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #2,551 of 7,353
My LGV20 wasn't powerful enough to push the 20's to their potential, but the DX90 drove them with ease (high gain) and they sound amazing. Have not heard the 10's.

The iSine 20 won't trigger the high output mode of the V20 as it's only 24ohms, and you need 50 ohms impedance to trigger the AMPs high power mode. You could use ohm impedance adapter to trick the V20 into high power mode.

Even though the iSine 10 and 20 are relatively low impedance, I think their planar nature like the extra current/voltage (wahtever).

This is where my Axon 7 not being so advanced as to know the impedance of the headphones being plugged in may prove to be an advantage (once I get it back from repair service). :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #2,552 of 7,353
I have two questions, is the leakage that bad? For a office environment with people like 8ft away?

How is the sound compared to the monolith m1060?

I'm was about to replace my HE400S for the M1060 but might get an Oppo HA2 and a iSine 10 instead.

Jun 2, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #2,553 of 7,353
I have two questions, is the leakage that bad? For a office environment with people like 8ft away?

The leakage on these is pretty minimal, imo. I bought a pair of 20s to wear at work, in a private office. When i take then off and set them on my desk once they get more than a foot or so away from my ears i can't hear anything coming out of them. In a communal area with, what i would expect to be higher ambient noise, I wouldn't imagine anyone would hear any leakage whatsoever.

As far as the comparison between the 10s and m1060's, I prefer the 10s hands down. My preference is not only from my perceived sound quality but also from a pure comfort level if wearing them for extended periods.

Jun 3, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #2,554 of 7,353
Is there a better shirt clip I could try? The supplied clip really needs to go below the DAC which is not ideal as the weight of the DAC is still there. If you try to clip it above, the wire has already been separated into two feeds so it doesn't stay put.
I'm using the earlocks as I wear glasses and the ear hooks could really do with a redesign to make them adjustable and more 3 dimensional.
If this were made out of a 'memory wire' type material they'd be so much better.
Desperate to make these work really well as I now 'need' them rather than want them :ksc75smile:

Jun 3, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #2,555 of 7,353

I'm was about to replace my HE400S for the M1060 but might get an Oppo HA2 and a iSine 10 instead.

They don't leak as much as you think when you hear open back (actually there Semi-open according to Audeze). I find they leak less then my friends ear pods (though I'm not sure how loud he's listening). At 8 feet I doubt anyone will notice, unless there's a Clark Kent in you office.

Compared to my M1060 they deliver similar fantastic planar bass. The soundstage may not not as spacious but not far off, vocals do sound more intimate to me (something I often like). I sometimes find the treble can start to bother me after extended listening with my M1060. I find the iSine 10 less bothersome after extended listening.

Unlike agdev01 the iSine ear clips start to be a little uncomfortable with prolonged use. It's not anything that would stop me from using them, but I hope the ear hooks that come with the "groovy Kit" are more comfortable.

Jun 3, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #2,556 of 7,353
Unlike agdev01 the iSine ear clips start to be a little uncomfortable with prolonged use. It's not anything that would stop me from using them, but I hope the ear hooks that come with the "groovy Kit" are more comfortable.

The ear hooks that come with the groovy tips are definitely a differently shape: New one in the centre
FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_3120.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #2,558 of 7,353
Which is the new one? I'm assuming the bigger one, but you should never just assume.

The two shiny ones (black and clear) are the originals and are identical in shape. The longer one (matt plastic) is the longer one

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #2,559 of 7,353
Hey guys,

Even though Audeze suggests not using different tips, I purchased the Comply Comfort 600 and they work wonders.

I've even been using the 10s without the ear hooks or fins.

I bought the Comply T-600M and after a while I had the feeling that they are strongly preferable regarding comfort but there is a bit too much veil. So I looked at how they look at the end after a certain time of carrying them and the end part in my ear was clearly squezed. So I thought this might change the sound considerable. All I now did was to cut like 2 mm on the side facing the isine20. Now the end of the tip moves more towards the isine20. And heureka, the sound is much more balanced. If you are using the Comply and you can spare a pair for an experiment like this, try it.

Jun 3, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #2,560 of 7,353
I bought the Comply T-600M and after a while I had the feeling that they are strongly preferable regarding comfort but there is a bit too much veil. So I looked at how they look at the end after a certain time of carrying them and the end part in my ear was clearly squezed. So I thought this might change the sound considerable. All I now did was to cut like 2 mm on the side facing the isine20. Now the end of the tip moves more towards the isine20. And heureka, the sound is much more balanced. If you are using the Comply and you can spare a pair for an experiment like this, try it.

Aren't the comfort's shorter by default?
I have 3 pairs of comfort's, may try this if I find the sound too veiled. I get my i20's back on monday.

Jun 3, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #2,561 of 7,353
The ear hooks that come with the groovy tips are definitely a differently shape: New one in the centre
Man i would love to try out those new earhooks with my isine 10 & 20 if only the shipping cost is not $50 to ship to Singapore, so please @Audeze do something about this. How can the shipping cost be 500% more than the item itself? In addition, the stock tips and earhooks are hurting my ears + the earwings are pretty much useless.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #2,562 of 7,353
I just picked up my 20s today from the store and the box has no seal on it, is this right? Annoyingly the store was closing and I didn't check till I was in my car.

Jun 3, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #2,563 of 7,353
I prdered my 10's from Audeze and there was no seal on the packaging.

TWIN

Jun 3, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #2,564 of 7,353
Man i would love to try out those new earhooks with my isine 10 & 20 if only the shipping cost is not $50 to ship to Singapore, so please @Audeze do something about this. How can the shipping cost be 500% more than the item itself? In addition, the stock tips and earhooks are hurting my ears + the earwings are pretty much useless.

Your local dealer / distributor should have these. We have shipped packages to all our dealers and distributors.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back