Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 13, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #2,282 of 7,353
Audeze any update on cipher for Android?

We are still evaluating if this can be done. The cipher cables internally support USB, but getting it to work on all the android platforms correctly is a challenge. The amount of customer support to handle all the variants is a bit daunting. With more USB-C phones, we think the situation will become better soon.
Here is a good read on Android https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/an-audiophile-switches-from-ios-to-android/

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
May 14, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #2,284 of 7,353
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who can comment on how the i20 with cypher cable and an iPhone as source would Compare with the headphone out of a dedicated DAP (eg X5)?

Ideally I'd love to be able to stop carrying my X5 around and just use the iPhone with the i20. Listening is in quiet places so sound leak isn't a problem.

May 14, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #2,285 of 7,353
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who can comment on how the i20 with cypher cable and an iPhone as source would Compare with the headphone out of a dedicated DAP (eg X5)?

Ideally I'd love to be able to stop carrying my X5 around and just use the iPhone with the i20. Listening is in quiet places so sound leak isn't a problem.

Due to the DSP in the cipher cable, they would sound completely different (if you don't use eq on your DAP). Without eq, I strongly prefer the cipher cable. Even with eq, I'm not sure if your DAP will sound better than the cipher.

May 14, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #2,286 of 7,353
So would USB-C simplify the Cipher design for android? Would a single USB-C design work with all USB-C devices across laptops and phones? If that's the case, then it seems like the one to release. If android Cipher requires having like 200+ test devices and that mess but it's not required for USB-C variants, seems like the idea would be to just focus on that. Audeze customers are probably going to be the demographic who would end up owning a device with it in the next year or so if they don't yet.

May 14, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #2,287 of 7,353
Just got a pair of iSine 20 a week ago and so far has been quite impressed with the top-end. Still felt a little lean on the mids and bass a little on the shy side... suffice to say, am a little on the fence on this one.

I would like to see if I can tilt this towards the iSine, quick questions:
1) Not a big fan of iphones, technically, apart from the DSP, is there any magic ingredients to the amp section of the Cipher cable? I have a number of DAPs with different DAC and I am trying to find a portable un/balanced amp that is complimentary to the iSine's signature,
2) Insertion depth, is the thumb-of-rule going for a deep or shallow insertion?

May 14, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #2,289 of 7,353
the ifi micro iDSD works very well with these.... (standard cable) then you can take advantage of the Onkyo App recognizing the DAC of the iDSD (upscale)... and a very good EQ built into the Onkyo App...

May 14, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #2,290 of 7,353
Just got a pair of iSine 20 a week ago and so far has been quite impressed with the top-end. Still felt a little lean on the mids and bass a little on the shy side... suffice to say, am a little on the fence on this one.

1) Not a big fan of iphones, technically, apart from the DSP, is there any magic ingredients to the amp section of the Cipher cable? I have a number of DAPs with different DAC and I am trying to find a portable un/balanced amp that is complimentary to the iSine's signature,
do u mean the bass is a bit lacking, and that is not full sound signature
wonder if isine 10 gives more bass and more full mids, and is not bright as isine 20

May 15, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #2,291 of 7,353

Hi regarding insertion depth I personally find that you don't need to push them in at all, well barely. I use the over ear clips that came with the i20 and once you get a comfortable fit the tips pretty much give a good seal with little insertion at all. By the way I use the large silicone tips which for me offer a great seal.

May 15, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #2,292 of 7,353
Received my iSine 20's yesterday but I haven't done any listening yet. I equipped them with the ribbed ear tips in preparation for my first listening session.

Nice case. Is that a Pelican 1020 by any chance?

And speaking of the Groovy tips, do they grip better or sound different compared to the smooth tips supplied with the earlier batches?

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #2,295 of 7,353
Nice case. Is that a Pelican 1020 by any chance?

And speaking of the Groovy tips, do they grip better or sound different compared to the smooth tips supplied with the earlier batches?

Yes that is the Pelican 1020. It's an awesome case. To me it serves a dual purpose: 1) I don't have to worry about removing the cable each time I want to store them. 2) I don't have to worry about them getting smashed when they are placed in a bag with heavy stuff.

The groovy eartips work great. Once I get my ears into position with the earhooks and get the headphones seated in ear I don't feel them move or slip out of my ears at all. Since mine came with the groovy eartips I haven't bothered fooling around with the regular silicone tips to be honest.

As a side note, I tried these with the regular cable and didn't like them that much. The Cipher cable makes a world of difference with the earphones and by a wide margin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back