Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 11, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #2,266 of 7,353
Hi I just thought that I would let you know about my recent dealings with Audeze Customer Support.

Basically after having my iSine 20's for about a fortnight my Cipher cable decided to give up the ghost. I really loved the sound with the Cipher cable as I have various apple devices as well as a Fiio Dap. Anyhow I tried all the various things that the Audeze website FAQ told me to do without any success. After much panic I contacted Audeze and explained, they were very helpful and put me in touch with the UK supplier in order to get a new one.

I swapped emails with the supplier and had to send on proof of purchase and serial numbers and suchlike. They then told me to send back the old non working cable and then they would send me a new one. The only problem with that was that after telling my dear wife about said broken cable she took it upon herself to dispose of it without telling me. Now I am buggered I thought.

I contacted the supplier and haven't heard back from them since. Mmmm what to do. All I could do was to contact Audeze customer support and let them know my situation. Long story short they're sending me a new cable. Wow that's great service. I dealt with a chap called Jared in customer support and he was great. Thank you Audeze.

Yes, Jared is very very kind and detail oriented. he/she check before sending me any info or suggest me to local supplier.

regarding customer support after sales, Audeze is brilliant.

May 11, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #2,268 of 7,353
Would it be silly to purchase the 20s just to run them with the cypher straight from an iphone? Although an amp isn't required, would it be a waste? Would the 10s suit that situation better? Thanks

I don't think it'd be silly. You just described my primary use case for the iSINE 20. I use them with the Cipher cable all the time.

May 12, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #2,269 of 7,353
How important would you guys say it is to be able to get warranty on iSine 10 or 20? I have the opportunity to buy them from the USA for a lot cheaper, but I won't be able to get them repaired or replaced if they're DOA or eventually break. I've never needed a repair with any of my headphones before, so I thought I'd be okay. But now that I see some people in this thread have received duds, I'm not so sure.

May 12, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #2,270 of 7,353
How important would you guys say it is to be able to get warranty on iSine 10 or 20? I have the opportunity to buy them from the USA for a lot cheaper, but I won't be able to get them repaired or replaced if they're DOA or eventually break. I've never needed a repair with any of my headphones before, so I thought I'd be okay. But now that I see some people in this thread have received duds, I'm not so sure.
very.

May 12, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #2,271 of 7,353
Yes, Jared is very very kind and detail oriented. he/she check before sending me any info or suggest me to local supplier.

regarding customer support after sales, Audeze is brilliant.

Agreed. I was/am very impressed by both the level of service and personal touch. In as much as I felt that I was getting a truly personal service from Jared. Which I know sounds silly but it all adds to the customer experience, and will in turn make the user of their products come back in future.

May 12, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #2,273 of 7,353
Just wanted to thank Karthick Manivannan. My iSine 20 had a trouble with the cable, and he contacted me immediately, and the customer service was amzing. So Kudos to Audeze, for the quick turn around. Honestly, one of the best experiences I've had with Customer Service. So thanks again!

Finally get to use my iSine 20 with the Cipher cable. As I said about the ISine 10, these IEM's are the closest I've heard to IEMs sounding over the heard headphones. The sound is so big. I still need to spend more time with these, and figure out my EQ settings on the Audeze app. Going to look over this thread, and try some of the EQ settings you guys posted.

But I'll post again in this thread my impressions. Can't wait.

EDIT:

I'm someone that is a little sensitive to treble, siblence, and certain high peaks. Do any of you have an EQ setting that makes the sound a little more warm/smooth out the "tss" sound.

Not sure if that makes sense or is possible. I love the sound of these, but just wondering if I can tweak the sound.

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #2,274 of 7,353
IMG_7614.PNG
Just wanted to thank Karthick Manivannan. My iSine 20 had a trouble with the cable, and he contacted me immediately, and the customer service was amzing. So Kudos to Audeze, for the quick turn around. Honestly, one of the best experiences I've had with Customer Service. So thanks again!

Finally get to use my iSine 20 with the Cipher cable. As I said about the ISine 10, these IEM's are the closest I've heard to IEMs sounding over the heard headphones. The sound is so big. I still need to spend more time with these, and figure out my EQ settings on the Audeze app. Going to look over this thread, and try some of the EQ settings you guys posted.

But I'll post again in this thread my impressions. Can't wait.

EDIT:

I'm someone that is a little sensitive to treble, siblence, and certain high peaks. Do any of you have an EQ setting that makes the sound a little more warm/smooth out the "tss" sound.

Not sure if that makes sense or is possible. I love the sound of these, but just wondering if I can tweak the sound.

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #2,275 of 7,353
how cheap could it possibly be? care to pm?

May 13, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #2,276 of 7,353
Extremely!
Part of that is to allow Audeze to provide premium service for brand new technology. If you don't include the option to use their warranty, I think you're killing at least 30% of the value. These are not built like tanks. The diaphragms are incredibly thin. I'd hate to see you be psyched about getting them only to discover there's an issue. Then you'd have to buy another set because they might sound incredible despite an issue. If markup in your country is double, you have a point. It might be worth the risk. If it's 50% more but includes warranty, buy it there.
Overall I'd recommend strongly that you not buy without the warranty.

May 13, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #2,277 of 7,353
Agreed. I was/am very impressed by both the level of service and personal touch. In as much as I felt that I was getting a truly personal service from Jared. Which I know sounds silly but it all adds to the customer experience, and will in turn make the user of their products come back in future.
yes, it does get a feeling of personal touch and care from Jared.

even the agent, i felt was extremely personal service.

however, having said that. if playing with toys that are literally almost disposable, almost like zara fashion, would you care about customer service anymore?

quite troublesome going back and forth to

May 13, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #2,278 of 7,353
can i ask please it seems some report sibilence with isine 20 is that a common impression, is the isine10 safer if one is sensitive to sibilence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back