Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 10, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #2,027 of 7,352
I've experimented with it, for sure. I actually found I like the house sig the best.

Let me be clear: I love the way they sound with the large tips. They sound like big over ear cans. But something is wrong in the treble. It's too physically sharp. I am afraid of physically damaging my ears. The treble concerns do not happen with the smaller tips. However, I'm not satisfied with the sound of the smaller tips.

I'm not blasting it at unreasonable volume levels either, if that would be the next logical question. This problem happens with even short listening sessions at moderate volume.

Again, the sound is wonderful but I feel like my ears are cottony after use and that's a big concern for me. The kind of cotton-ear quality you get from concerts.

If you're having too much in the treble with the iSINE20, maybe you might want to try the iSINE10 which has a less treble presence? 

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #2,029 of 7,352
The new eartips coming in a few months, will be shipped with new units and available separate are a big improvement over the original release tips.

where has there been a mention on new ear tips

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #2,031 of 7,352
They're in beta so no announcement yet

thanks I was so looking to buy the isine but when I read about the treble being sharp I backed off for now, and would like to see if that is a conscenous or a single user experience

Apr 10, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #2,034 of 7,352
Have you tried the carbon fiber headband for your LCD3s? Expensive, sure, but worth it.

Man, I wish I'd seen this before selling them. Or actually I wish it had been available back when I first purchased the headphones.

I did order some alternate head bands that were supposed to more evenly distribute the weight. But I had to order from Europe and they got lost in the mail. I'm honestly not sure if it would have made a difference. Apparently I have a sensitive head - I see very few other people complaining about headaches. And I just can't understand how people can enjoy music for more than 30 - 45 minutes with that much weight / pressure.

Most likely because I was spoiled by 598's (literally the most comfortable headphone I've ever owned) and the X00's aren't far behind them.

Apr 10, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #2,037 of 7,352

Anyone heard these? How do they affect the sound?

Here's my message to audeze about the sound:

"Got the new tips in today. The deeper fit and harder silicon makes for a much better seal that doesn't slip out even without ear clips or hooks. In regards to sound, I find there's a bit more treble presence in like the high cymbal range. There may be a bit tighter bass but the effect is so small it might just be expectation bias. The treble change is all I can say I hear for certain. I like it and find it to be an improvement, adds a tiny bit more "air" to the sound.

Negatives are the harder silicon also makes the tips a lot more obvious. They don't really "disappear" like the included thin silicon tips. I also find the ridges to be slightly irritating at first but that settles out after a few minutes."

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #2,038 of 7,352
I've got the time might as well give it a shot! Which tip size do you use and how deep into the ear canal?

I'm using the standard cable, and stretched a set of the large spiral dot tips on them, and I insert them quite deep, as that's what I'm used to, I'm learning that with the open back that they don' need to go in deep, but they are comfortable, along with the ear hooks,

I ordered the some comply tips, I'll see how those sound,

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #2,039 of 7,352

Have you tried the carbon fiber headband for your LCD3s? Expensive, sure, but worth it.

Man, I wish I'd seen this before selling them. Or actually I wish it had been available back when I first purchased the headphones.

I did order some alternate head bands that were supposed to more evenly distribute the weight. But I had to order from Europe and they got lost in the mail. I'm honestly not sure if it would have made a difference. Apparently I have a sensitive head - I see very few other people complaining about headaches. And I just can't understand how people can enjoy music for more than 30 - 45 minutes with that much weight / pressure.

Most likely because I was spoiled by 598's (literally the most comfortable headphone I've ever owned) and the X00's aren't far behind them.

You're not alone dude, I demo'd the LCD2.2F for about 45 minutes and my head started aching... 
I ended up buying the iSine 20 after A/B'ing them with the LCD2's, the iSine's are way more comfortable and I actually enjoyed the sound of them more! (with the cipher cable, that is).
LCD2 has more bass and full-bodied sound, but the iSine's are way more airy with better imaging and more treble (still never harsh or offensive in any way).
I highly recommend you try the iSine's, a truly great and unique listening experience, and more comfortable than any full-size headphone I've tried. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back