Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 27, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #1,173 of 7,352
Really good synergy with the DX200. Really enjoying this pairing.

You know the question that's on everyone's mind is how does the BASS compare to the ref 1s?
basshead.gif

ksc75smile.gif

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #1,175 of 7,352
  Mine came yesterday. I do not find them uncomfortable and I'm extremely picky about that. 

I recently received mine.  I usually find IEMs and on-ears difficult to get comfortable.  Not the case with the iSines.  Using the ear-hooks and the supplied tips, they create a good seal and are quite comfortable.  Surprised and happy. 
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 28, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #1,179 of 7,352
out today is a review from 'the verge' on the i20.
http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/27/14401700/audeze-isine-20-review-planar-magnetic-headphones

AUDEZE ISINE 20 REVIEW

You’ve never seen or heard headphones like these before

for those who have them please share your thoughts vs the review.

i was to back away from these as i have the flc 8s and a pair of sony 7520 closed
cans (both great for portable usage...also awaiting the release of the FLC Celeste)
and also that the isines don't isolate well.
(i'm not going to damage my hearing any more
by upping to volume to compete with exterior noise...cars, commutes etc)

...but because they're new and unique per SQ and signature, they're also intriguing.

so does the sound resemble more of a spacious semi open headphone vs iem?

Jan 28, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #1,180 of 7,352
  out today is a review from 'the verge' on the i20.
http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/27/14401700/audeze-isine-20-review-planar-magnetic-headphones

AUDEZE ISINE 20 REVIEW

You’ve never seen or heard headphones like these before

for those who have them please share your thoughts vs the review.

i was to back away from these as i have the flc 8s and a pair of sony 7520 closed
cans (both great for portable usage...also awaiting the release of the FLC Celeste)
because of what i have and also that the isines dont' noise isolate.
(i'm not going to damage my hearing any more
by upping to volume to compete with exterior noise...cars, commutes etc)

...but because they're new and unique they're also intriguing.

so does the sound resemble more of a spacious semi open headphone vs iem?

also still trying to find if the i20 are worth the extra step up in $$200 more.

​yes they definitely sound better than the EL8 (horrendously thin harsh sound) and much closer to LCD2s
I haven't had the LCD2 for quite a long time now but from memory they are just as good imo, sorry I cant compare with the 10 I just went straight for 20s.

Jan 28, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #1,181 of 7,352

​yes they definitely sound better than the EL8 (horrendously thin harsh sound) and much closer to LCD2s
I haven't had the LCD2 for quite a long time now but from memory they are just as good imo, sorry I cant compare with the 10 I just went straight for 20s.

expensive for us canucks....cdn$800 plus 12% taxes...so $900
ouch.
http://www.headphonebar.com/aueze-isine-20/

gotta find out somewhere else to source them from.

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #1,183 of 7,352
Weird to say it but I have to agree with the Verge. I will be returning my i10s and getting the 20s with the cipher cable. What I've heard from the 10s, they're already approaching endgame. The 20s may be that extra step.

I've said it before and I'll reiterate. Comparing these to other IEMs is not fair. These compete with the big boys of the full size world. They even out perform their bigger, more expensive brothers from audeze. People laughed, called these niche and wondered who in the world would use them. Everyone even remotely into audio gear needs to listen to these and form an opinion. These feel like an actual advance in the headphone world. As far as what use they serve? Well the i10s(soon to be 20s) are now my main set. I've sold off my HD700, my Nighthawk has been sitting dejected in the corner, my 8BA iem is up on the classifieds. These handle everything and it's awesome to have that experience anywhere.

Solid work Audeze. I wasn't convinced with the EL8 or Sine, and I haven't been fortunate enough to listen to the LCD series, but these are something completely fresh.

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #1,184 of 7,352
  Weird to say it but I have to agree with the Verge. I will be returning my i10s and getting the 20s with the cipher cable. What I've heard from the 10s, they're already approaching endgame. The 20s may be that extra step.

I've said it before and I'll reiterate. Comparing these to other IEMs is not fair. These compete with the big boys of the full size world. They even out perform their bigger, more expensive brothers from audeze. People laughed, called these niche and wondered who in the world would use them. Everyone even remotely into audio gear needs to listen to these and form an opinion. These feel like an actual advance in the headphone world. As far as what use they serve? Well the i10s(soon to be 20s) are now my main set. I've sold off my HD700, my Nighthawk has been sitting dejected in the corner, my 8BA iem is up on the classifieds. These handle everything and it's awesome to have that experience anywhere.

Solid work Audeze. I wasn't convinced with the EL8 or Sine, and I haven't been fortunate enough to listen to the LCD series, but these are something completely fresh.

lol I am in the process of selling my Sony ZX1 and AKG K3003 due to the cipher cable sounding better than 3.5mm and being more convenient. Also selling my oppo PM-1 to pay for the isine 20. I already own the Audeze SIne for on the go closed back needs with Brainwavz pads. The isine 20 will be my open back planar substitute. 

Jan 28, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #1,185 of 7,352
I cant agree that they are endgame because I don't believe that true endgame exists especially for people that are enthusiasts about the technology not just the music you will naturally get the upgrade itch eventually.
But what I can agree on is that they should not be compared to iems these are too much of a heavy weight for it to be fair and fight against the little in ears.
Soundstage is truly brilliant same for instrument separation, layering, transient response, detail and the very low distortion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back