Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Dec 19, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #826 of 7,352
No release just prior to Christmas...APPLE has a lot to answer for changing the goal posts at last moment on MFI stuff...
mad.gif

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #827 of 7,352
I received my iSine10 for review, enjoying them so far and just casually comparing them to other headphones like my Elear, LCD3, and MSR7.

One issue with fit, though - The plastic over-ear locks give the most secure fit, but I have a minor issue - the over-ear locks don't have enough rise for my ears. As a result, they pull my ears down & away from my head, which is very uncomfortable. Since Audeze includes two sets of these rings, I'm not sure why they wouldn't include two different sizes. Maybe @Audeze can shed some light - not a complaint, this might just be my individual anatomy.

The soft silicone hooks don't have that problem, but they're not really staying in place either. Right now I'm having the best luck by simply switching the left and right, flipping them upside down, and running the cable behind my ear. In this configuration their weight is supported and they're much more comfortable, though the Y-split is right at my throat.

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #828 of 7,352
  I received my iSine10 for review, enjoying them so far and just casually comparing them to other headphones like my Elear, LCD3, and MSR7.

One issue with fit, though - The plastic over-ear locks give the most secure fit, but I have a minor issue - the over-ear locks don't have enough rise for my ears. As a result, they pull my ears down & away from my head, which is very uncomfortable. Since Audeze includes two sets of these rings, I'm not sure why they wouldn't include two different sizes. Maybe @Audeze can shed some light - not a complaint, this might just be my individual anatomy.

The soft silicone hooks don't have that problem, but they're not really staying in place either. Right now I'm having the best luck by simply switching the left and right, flipping them upside down, and running the cable behind my ear. In this configuration their weight is supported and they're much more comfortable, though the Y-split is right at my throat.

That sucks regarding the fit issue, flipping the left and the right does not sound like a good long term solution. Hopefully Audeze will address this. On another note, I would love to read your thoughts on the sound...

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #829 of 7,352
  That sucks regarding the fit issue, flipping the left and the right does not sound like a good long term solution. Hopefully Audeze will address this. On another note, I would love to read your thoughts on the sound...

Well I don't want to blow it out of proportion - after all, I might just have oddly shaped ears - but a flexible/shapeable over-ear guide could have been a nice solution. Flipping the left and right has been fine so far - I often do this with IEMs for a more secure fit. 

The iSine isn't too heavy, it's just that the sound channel is relatively long. On my ears this means they stick out pretty far, which seems to give them leverage to pull downwards. They therefore really need support from above.

After the review is done, maybe I'll take a shot at 3d-printing some custom guides for myself. I've done this kind of thing before and it's worked out pretty well :)

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #830 of 7,352
Actually, bit of a positive update:

I found this video about how the SureFire Earlocks work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F-awnXNbvQ

Seeing that, I realized that I was putting them in wrong - they're sitting much more securely now. I think a "medium" size would have fit me slightly better, but the "large" are holding them in place. Good stuff.

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #831 of 7,352
  Actually, bit of a positive update:

I found this video about how the SureFire Earlocks work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F-awnXNbvQ

Seeing that, I realized that I was putting them in wrong - they're sitting much more securely now. I think a "medium" size would have fit me slightly better, but the "large" are holding them in place. Good stuff.

How many size ear-locks are provided with the ISINE?

Dec 21, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #835 of 7,352

Mine came with:
2 sizes earlocks (large/small)
2 over-ear guides (same size, one black, one clear)
3 sizes in-ear tips (large/med/small

Any treble glare or treble spikes in your set ?
Where would you place the overall tonality window ....neutral/natural/warm etc ?

Dec 23, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #838 of 7,352
iSine 10 or 20 (or both)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back