Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Nov 17, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #721 of 7,352
Hey guys, trying decide on the headphone to get right now. I am interested in getting the isine 10 or 20, I have an opportunity to get the hd650. Now I know they are two different headphone, but I could uses the communties input on which one to purchases. I am looking for the best sound quality. Base, soundstage, imaging, mids:) and treble ext. Specifically those that have heard both headphones. I need to make a decision buy tonight. Thanks in advance:D

Nov 17, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #722 of 7,352
@MadMusicJunkie
Because of a small change in the MFI spec we had to change the Cipher cable construction a little bit. So the product got pushed back. We have started assembly of the headphones and are waiting for MFI approval before shipping. You should see impressions from review and pre-production units start next week.

Quote:
  So, these were supposed to be shipping in October.... How come the website still states they're available for pre-order?  
I had the PM-3's, and they were the best sounding portables I had ever heard; and extremely comfy.  Haven't heard the Sine, but would like to.  So, this iSine would be my first Audeze product, and that alone is a temptation. 
Is the release date pushed back because of issues?  What is the release date, then, and why can't they update their website?  Were these things answered in previous posts?

I was hoping to hear some more impressions at this point.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 18, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #723 of 7,352
The main reason for an open back iem is so you can wear them while you're driving.
When the cops have their siren on you'll still hear it while you're jammin your tunes extra loud.

Nov 19, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #724 of 7,352
I think that the main reason for chosen an open back design is better SQ 
tongue.gif

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #725 of 7,352
The only thing I concern is the sound leakage level. If it's very slight i will buy it straight and use it when I'm in bus/train and not disturbing others.

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #726 of 7,352
The only thing I concern is the sound leakage level. If it's very slight i will buy it straight and use it when I'm in bus/train and not disturbing others

The isine line might allow way too much sound fin to your ears from outside the earphones for your purposes.  I would suggest waiting until some units start getting to consumers and they start posting impressions of their sound isolation.  I would guess by trying open back headphones in the past that it would not isolate near enough and you would not be able to hear your music very well with all of the outside noise.

Nov 19, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #727 of 7,352
The discussion around isolation provided by these really shows that there is no perfect headphone for everyone. For me personally, the reports about it being a fairly open IEM is the very thing that puts it on my radar. I walk a lot, and much prefer to be able to here some of the surrounding noise, for safety reasons. Hence, portable and open is a big thing for me.

I have different phones for isolation :)

Nov 19, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #728 of 7,352
I walk a lot, and much prefer to be able to here some of the surrounding noise, for safety reasons. Hence, portable and open is a big thing for me.

Same here.

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #729 of 7,352
Yeah, I have different circumstances, but the open aspect is probably going to be a plus for me too.  Between that and the potential sound quality to price ratio, I'm certainly still planing on buying them.
The "trial period" if you buy direct is also very nice.  It's one of those things that I don't think I'd use, but just knowing I have the option is great.  Most return policies in general are pretty absurd, but that's a whole other story.

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #731 of 7,352
Mid-December, I bet.
Heard some reviewers are getting their units very soon.

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #732 of 7,352
The store I pre-ordered it from has told me mid December is the estimated ship date as of last Friday.   I am based in Canada though, so it may take slightly longer for it to get up here.

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #733 of 7,352
I'm wondering if someone can enlighten me regarding electro-magnetic headphones.

For the past year I've been waiting for Dunu to release their DN-3001/4001 models. I wanted one of them due to the quantity of bass you get out of dynamic drivers as well as the good things I've read about earlier DN models.

...then the iSines show up and I'm very interested in them.

Thing is...I've never heard EM headphones before.

How is bass quantity on EM headphones? Does the bass hit like dynamic drivers or do they "fall flat" like most BA drivers?

I'm not a basshead by any means but I already have BA IEMs and I wouldn't mind something that hits a little harder.

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #734 of 7,352
I'm wondering if someone can enlighten me regarding electro-magnetic headphones.

For the past year I've been waiting for Dunu to release their DN-3001/4001 models. I wanted one of them due to the quantity of bass you get out of dynamic drivers as well as the good things I've read about earlier DN models.

...then the iSines show up and I'm very interested in them.

Thing is...I've never heard EM headphones before.

How is bass quantity on EM headphones? Does the bass hit like dynamic drivers or do they "fall flat" like most BA drivers?

I'm not a basshead by any means but I already have BA IEMs and I wouldn't mind something that hits a little harder.

planar is a lot closer to armature than dynamic in its speed but lacks impact and weight but extension is impressive and so is distortion.

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #735 of 7,352

planar is a lot closer to armature than dynamic in its speed but lacks impact and weight but extension is impressive and so is distortion.

I actually have a question about this, what do you mean by impact and weight?

Is there somewhere I could read the differences between armature and planar?

So far I think i like the feel of armature better than planar, but I think i'll make the iSines my final call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back