Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 2, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #91 of 7,348
It reminds me of the Stax Earspeakers

Sep 2, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #92 of 7,348
Obviously they'll leak sound, but they're so freaking tiny it won't be anything appreciable. We're not talking full size speakers here. 

IMO they'll work really well for most applications that don't require absolute isolation or total silence outward. I definitely wouldn't mind a pair for lying around the house or at work. 

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #95 of 7,348
Colour me interested, but personally I don't think planars scale down in size very well - the SINE for me was evidence of this. Despite the overall very good sound quality I found the SINE to have too many problems, which mostly seemed driver related, and as a result has so far precluded me from bothering with them again.

It's obvious really that planars need to have a very large driver, compared to dynamic type headphones, to be effective, evidenced here by the ridiculous size of these things. Add to that, that these new IEM planars are all open backs then it becomes a show stopper in terms of using these as a portable solution - certainly if, like me, you're a city dweller.

Don't get me wrong: I really hope these deliver, and I'm all for companies pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with a technology, but just don't think planars will scale effectively to the sizes required for in ear. Mind you Shure pulled off amazing electrostatic in ears (at an eye watering price), so who knows.

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #97 of 7,348

I see that for $200 you get 8ohm more but what is difference?
Technology
Material
Diaphragm

Without having exact technical specs it's hard to say other than "a better product". Same as going from the LCD2 to 3 to 4.

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #98 of 7,348
Obviously they'll leak sound, but they're so freaking tiny it won't be anything appreciable. We're not talking full size speakers here. 

IMO they'll work really well for most applications that don't require absolute isolation or total silence outward. I definitely wouldn't mind a pair for lying around the house or at work. 

Obviously you've never sat near somebody on a train, or whatever, playing drum and bass through a set of apple earpods, and they're even tinier.

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #100 of 7,348
You know with the design of this IEM, I'd want to replace the Audeze symbol with the Spiderman one.  The design basically looks like webbing.

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #101 of 7,348
As an owner of LCD4. I am extremely intrigued by this. Hope the LCD i3 can be something special.

In addition, I am also hoping Audeze can take a step further and make a bluetooth/wireless cable with built in DAC amp with battery.

To me the lighting cable just doesn't cut it. If you want portable, why not just push it further and remove the connector.

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #102 of 7,348
As an owner of LCD4. I am extremely intrigued by this. Hope the LCD i3 can be something special.

In addition, I am also hoping Audeze can take a step further and make a bluetooth/wireless cable with built in DAC amp with battery.

To me the lighting cable just doesn't cut it. If you want portable, why not just push it further and remove the connector.

I have a feeling that these are likely to already be very heavy for IEMs due to the size of the drivers and magnets needed. Adding a battery to that is likely to push the weight over the limit for IEM use.

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #103 of 7,348
I have a feeling that these are likely to already be very heavy for IEMs due to the size of the drivers and magnets needed. Adding a battery to that is likely to push the weight over the limit for IEM use.

I agree, weight is definately a concern. But I was hoping for something like the Westone bluetooth cable. Which the battery module can rest on your neck by tightening the cord and won't add too much weight on to your ear. Anyways, ultimately it needs to sound like a good planar to justify all the extravagant styling and possibly the weight and cost.

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #104 of 7,348
Oh come on, are your ears made out of vanilla wafers?!? They're IEMs they're not made out of cast iron and pewter what are you whining about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back