Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 13, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #994 of 7,352
So Audeze has pointed out the similarities between the 10's and 20's, which leads me to ask why is there such a large price difference? 50% higher price for only slight differences seems a little much, no?

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #995 of 7,352
So Audeze has pointed out the similarities between the 10's and 20's, which leads me to ask why is there such a large price difference? 50% higher price for only slight differences seems a little much, no?

I think that's hard to comment on without hearing both, production costs are not the only qualifying factor in the price.

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #1,000 of 7,352
I bought isine 10 yesterday, after having listening both of them, isine 10 and 20.
impression
1. isolation: forget about it!
2. comfort : very good
3. idiocy: look very idiot in public place(but no one cares, just don't stare any mirrors!)
4. sound : I used my go-to set up, which consists of ipod, galaxy, and o2 amp. so I have only used 3.5 connection so far.
I used biggest tips to get most secured seal, and first I thought 'wow, these are bassy!, but have huge sound stage!'
I usually hear songs with 2way speakers(without a sub woofer), er4sr, oppo pm-3, hd600, so my usual set-ups are 
a little bass-shy. comparing to those, isine 10 is bassy, but not in a big way, vocal is sweet and most of times non fatiguing,
probably because of slight masking from bass, female vocal is a little thick, treble is there, but not prominent, slightly less presence than pm-3, and definitely less presence than hd600.
and sound-stage! very good. frankly, isines are on-ear headphones disguised as a earphones, just like sine onear is over ear headphones
disguised as a on ears. so, sound stage is on par with small on ear pad-type headphones.
well, as usual, these are just first impression. 

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #1,002 of 7,352
  I bought isine 10 yesterday, after having listening both of them, isine 10 and 20.
impression
1. isolation: forget about it!
2. comfort : very good
3. idiocy: look very idiot in public place(but no one cares, just don't stare any mirrors!)
4. sound : I used my go-to set up, which consists of ipod, galaxy, and o2 amp. so I have only used 3.5 connection so far.
I used biggest tips to get most secured seal, and first I thought 'wow, these are bassy!, but have huge sound stage!'
I usually hear songs with 2way speakers(without a sub woofer), er4sr, oppo pm-3, hd600, so my usual set-ups are 
a little bass-shy. comparing to those, isine 10 is bassy, but not in a big way, vocal is sweet and most of times non fatiguing,
probably because of slight masking from bass, female vocal is a little thick, treble is there, but not prominent, slightly less presence than pm-3, and definitely less presence than hd600.
and sound-stage! very good. frankly, isines are on-ear headphones disguised as a earphones, just like sine onear is over ear headphones
disguised as a on ears. so, sound stage is on par with small on ear pad-type headphones.
well, as usual, these are just first impression. 

I did audition them today, right now I like the iSine10 a very tiny bit more than iSine20, because they are airier  with a real good soundstage and instruments separation , but the iSine20 offer a more full sound and the Mid (esp the Vocal) is so addictive that I could not decide which iSine I'm going to buy. From my instinct, I think the 20 should be scaled better with cables and a better source. About both iSine's bass, the bass quantity and slam is nowhere near those bass heavy iems such as K10, JVC woodies, tralucent ref1tpp, vega. The bass is nevertheless tight and deep, nice bass really. I tried some EDM with them, I think they are not suitable for the EDM, the bass really  lacks body. For those bass heavy genres, something like the JVC woodies are more suitable. 

Jan 14, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #1,003 of 7,352
Can you compare them to Tralucent ones?
Thanks,:grin:.

iSine20 is not that bass heavy and not that engaging. To my ear, I think they can complement each other very well (if you remember, in the ref one thread, I often said I dont like the ref1too's mid much), because the mid of the iSine20 is so good (Audeze house sound), and the iSine20 sound more relax than the ref1too. For fast music or bass heavy music, you can reach for the ref1, for vocal and those relaxing music, the iSine20 can do  really a great job.

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #1,004 of 7,352
.Quote:Originally Posted by coolcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did audition them today, right now I like the iSine10 a very tiny bit more than iSine20, because they are airier  with a real good soundstage and instruments separation , but the iSine20 offer a more full sound and the Mid (esp the Vocal) is so addictive that I could not decide which iSine I'm going to buy. From my instinct, I think the 20 should be scaled better with cables and a better source. About both iSine's bass, the bass quantity and slam is nowhere near those bass heavy iems such as K10, JVC woodies, tralucent ref1tpp, vega. The bass is nevertheless tight and deep, nice bass really. I tried some EDM with them, I think they are not suitable for the EDM, the bass really  lacks body. For those bass heavy genres, something like the JVC woodies are more suitable. 

yeah,  I had also thought 20 has better vocal, but after I tried different tips and some eqing, I decided that I could live with either of them with some tweaks, 
just like I had once seduced by lcd-3's seductive vocal but ended up with lcd-2 with some eqing.
and about edm...After I had really good seal with the biggest tips, I don't think isine can't handle edm properly, I mean you don't get that earth shaking feeling with
iem, or with headphones anyway. you need real sub woofers. I think many of phones are losing tone balance in the course of trying to get that feeling. given that, I think isines could be good phones for bass heavy music without losing tone balance. 

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #1,005 of 7,352
  .Quote:Originally Posted by coolcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah,  I had also thought 20 has better vocal, but after I tried different tips and some eqing, I decided that I could live with either of them with some tweaks, 
just like I had once seduced by lcd-3's seductive vocal but ended up with lcd-2 with some eqing.
and about edm...After I had really good seal with the biggest tips, I don't think isine can't handle edm properly, I mean you don't get that earth shaking feeling with
iem, or with headphones anyway. you need real sub woofers. I think many of phones are losing tone balance in the course of trying to get that feeling. given that, I think isines could be good phones for bass heavy music without losing tone balance. 

I think you see,what is my listening preference (bass heavy iems list,that was shown in my post), as I mentioned about the iSine bass and the EDM, I'm a bass head, to my taste, I dont like the iSine that much for bass heavy music.You may think differently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back