Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 15, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #1,006 of 7,348
I end up ordering the iSine20

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #1,007 of 7,348
For those who have listened to both the 10 and 20 in their home environment. (Non noisy conditions) could we get more comments on the difference in sound quality with cipher. I plan on ordering tomorrow and would like an opinion not based on cost. Also, I prefer music such as classic rock, hip/hop r&b, and some pop. Thanks!

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #1,008 of 7,348
For those who have listened to both the 10 and 20 in their home environment. (Non noisy conditions) could we get more comments on the difference in sound quality with cipher. I plan on ordering tomorrow and would like an opinion not based on cost. Also, I prefer music such as classic rock, hip/hop r&b, and some pop. Thanks!

I heard both and found the iSine 20 to be darker while the iSine 10 was more fun and engaging. I think iSine 10 will be more suited to the genres you prefer but YMMV.

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #1,011 of 7,348
Stock iSine20 vs Stock iSine10
Imho
Isine10 have a bigger soundstage,instruments seperation is great on them.It maybe because the mid is not as full as the iSine20, so they sound airier
The iSine20 has fuller mid and I would say the 20 have better ambient. They are not darker than the iSinee10 but just less airy
I think the price different is too much, they sound similar, but just a bit different
and I would say in stock from I prefer the ISine10, ( because I have more than one pair of iems and the iSine10 do what they can do verygood) ,nevertheless if I dont own anything prior to the purschase and I only have to choose only one iems to live with between iSine10 and 20 , and I dont have problem with my budget,I would choose iSine20, because its fuller' bass and a fuller mid and to my taste , they sound better in genres such as rnb and pop in general
Personally, I dont think the iSine10 is more engaging than the iSine20 , their resolution and detail retrieval is not much different, For my taste, they are both relaxing earphones , Something like Vega or andromeda is a lot more engaing. ( this is subjective, because one may define the word engaging differently).
So that was my observations about their sound.
By the way I spent totally 5 hours with them (3 hours on Sat and 2 hours on Sun) and the reason I decided to order the iSine20 because it paired well with my upgrade cable, which I already have and the different in sound can now justify the price different somehow.
Now let's hear the other people 's opinion

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #1,012 of 7,348
@coolcat was this on analog cable or cipher?

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #1,013 of 7,348
@coolcat thanks for the detailed info. This would be my main headphone and would be used 98% of the time with cipher. So based on your impressions the 20 would be the best bet, but your not sure if it's necessarily worth the $200 difference.

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #1,014 of 7,348
  @coolcat was this on analog cable or cipher?

It is  on analog cable, I dont use my phones so I dont know how they sound out of the cipher.

@coolcat thanks for the detailed info. This would be my main headphone and would be used 98% of the time with cipher. So based on your impressions the 20 would be the best bet, but your not sure if it's necessarily worth the $200 difference.

Yeah in Stock form I dont think it's worth at all. I even like the 10 more than 20 in stock,even though I like the mid of the 20 more, but the airiness of the 10 won me in the end. I just choose the Isine20 because I already have a very pricey,for my standard, upgrade cable, and it make the 20 airier.  Anyway comapred to many others iems, the Mid of the 10 is full, it doesnt sound thin or dry at all.  
But my impression may not help you much because I didnt use the cipher cable, someone else may give you a better observation

Jan 16, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #1,016 of 7,348
more impression with middle size tips(3.5mm)
less bass, naturally, but more tight, and more bright and clear.
you can feel peak in treble but not really strident.
not a ideal tips for outdoors, but for indoors I think this is right tips.

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #1,018 of 7,348
Sorry if This have been answered before. But the search function doesn't work on my iPad.

Is there anyone that has tested iSINE Cipher cable with another iem?

I own Sine with Cipher and really like the concept. It would be nice to use Cipher with another iem of choice. My CE6P from Cosmic Ears have 2 pin recessed socket. Do you think that would work?

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #1,019 of 7,348
Jan 16, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #1,020 of 7,348
Sorry if This have been answered before. But the search function doesn't work on my iPad.

Is there anyone that has tested iSINE Cipher cable with another iem?

I own Sine with Cipher and really like the concept. It would be nice to use Cipher with another iem of choice. My CE6P from Cosmic Ears have 2 pin recessed socket. Do you think that would work?

@Heartsmart - The cipher cables are optimized for iSine headphones. You can certainly try them with other brands, but you might have to use heavy EQ to balance the sound. 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back