Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 12, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #977 of 7,352
  I will be using these in a thunderstorm while I pilot my jet fighter, accompanied by my pet parrot and five small children.  Will the isolation be OK?

Depends on what type of parrot you have and how loud and annoying your children can get. If you give your children sleeping pills or a mild tranquilizer you should be fine. 

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #979 of 7,352
I listened with the isine 10 and isine 20 with the analogue cable and didn't expect that much difference- as there was not any detailed report of the difference in this forum. the impression of the i20 with an analogue cable was much better, particularly the treble (!). I felt that the i20 sound is broader and less aggressive at the peaks, particularly while listening to concert music, e.g. to shostakovich., the differentiation of sound that the i20 provides to enjoy the accentuation of instruments is delighting. the i10 on the other felt to possess a more satisfactory general signature, but that is just my personal experience. I tested both about an hour and still opted for the i20.

I have no experience with the lightening cable, but it seems it boosts the satisfaction of you all. I keep using my Ipod 5th generation with the wolfson chip and I am well delighted to combine this old machine with some chic new i20. 

of course, as nearly everybody in this forum noted, adjustment of the ear-phones is a bit tricky, but i think one day of listening will provide the necessary new habit of how to wear them.

p.s. concerning in-ears i have the experience of listening to the 1more 3driver ones. it is true that the isines are on another level, particlarly for the bass, but what happens here in the forum when the 1more 4driver will be compared to the new isines i will be curious to follow.

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #980 of 7,352

Because of the lack of isolation and noise-cancelling, I don't think this is the right iem for a plane.  I am still using my Bose noise cancelling for air travel.

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #981 of 7,352
  I will be using these in a thunderstorm while I pilot my jet fighter, accompanied by my pet parrot and five small children.  Will the isolation be OK?

Absolutely. They have been battle tested on X-wings and Tie Fighters. For the children @klove4252 suggestions work the best. 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 12, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #984 of 7,352
Earbuds typically don't reach this price range unless you're pricing vintage Sony/Aiwa earbuds or similar.  You start getting into TOTL earbud prices at around 100-200 USD, with a handful of higher priced exceptions.

Jan 12, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #985 of 7,352
  Without any isolation, these IEMs seem functionally more like earbuds...  Anyone willing to compare these to earbuds in the same price range?  Or even the Yuin PKs?

I have several earbuds. Other that isolation, the iSine doesn't sound like any earbud. The iSine is more like an open-back headphones that an earbud imo. The problem with earbuds is staging and clarity is very limited even on TOTL earbuds. 

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #986 of 7,352
Just picked up the iSine10. Isolation is less than ideal but the sound staging and detail is amazing. Takes some time to get a hang of how to put it on with the earlocks but after awhile I got it figured out. 

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #987 of 7,352

I have several earbuds. Other that isolation, the iSine doesn't sound like any earbud. The iSine is more like an open-back headphones that an earbud imo. The problem with earbuds is staging and clarity is very limited even on TOTL earbuds. 

I'm curious about this question too. I have some VE Zen earphones which I like for walking around. Am curious if these are better (they are more expensive obviously!).

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #989 of 7,352
My isine 10's are on the delivery truck. Very excited to hear what's in store!! I take walks at night often. Having a semi-open iem on walks in the city is perfect. I'd prefer to hear the car that's about to hit me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back