Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 22, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #6,692 of 7,348
Does anyone know if the bluetooth cipher cable will work with any bluetooth device, or will it only work with an Apple device?
a7nrI8T.jpg

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #6,699 of 7,348
That is a very good looking headband. Can you supply a link to the product ?
At 79 years old, I don't know how to upload links, but when I have done my final build on the iSine/M300, I will post all details.This is the first m300 design. Please remove , if this is inappropriate, but both in ears, have the same fittings. Colours optional!.C%fgwt1gTraeZQcSka4mZg.jpg

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #6,700 of 7,348
Good day folks, picked up a pair of Isine 10 and I’m shocked at the dramatic differences between using the cipher cable v2 and the 3.5. I’m using IPad and Tidal and these shine in the IOS environment It’s also playing full MQA
My opinion if you’re in the IOS system they’re pretty good combination.

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #6,701 of 7,348
Good day folks, picked up a pair of Isine 10 and I’m shocked at the dramatic differences between using the cipher cable v2 and the 3.5. I’m using IPad and Tidal and these shine in the IOS environment It’s also playing full MQA
My opinion if you’re in the IOS system they’re pretty good combination.
The cipher cable maxes out at 24/48 so you're getting some resampling with the MQA files, but the DSP in the cipher cable is worth it for isine 10 and 20 for sure. Cipher cable is better than most DACs for those. I'd say the 20 sounds better with Chord Mojo than via Cipher, but that's a rare case.

Jul 26, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #6,702 of 7,348
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
The large spin fits didn't work for me either. I need like a 15mm tip. That or a 14mm that is shapped correctly. I swear I think my ear holes have gotten bigger over the years shoving IEMs in there.
You may like the HIFIMAN RE400 / RE600 replacement tips - $3.99 on Amazon (!!!!). The (translucent white) tips in the photo have a larger diameter than the iSine L and a flatter front which lets them sit better in my ears. Currently on day #3 with these tips. They really “get out of the way” sonically. Also comes with the largest double-flange (black) I’ve seen .. and really flimsy shirt clip :)

https://www.amazon.com/HIFIMAN-Replacement-RE400-RE600-Black/dp/B00W3GDYQQ

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #6,703 of 7,348
The cipher cable maxes out at 24/48 so you're getting some resampling with the MQA files, but the DSP in the cipher cable is worth it for isine 10 and 20 for sure. Cipher cable is better than most DACs for those. I'd say the 20 sounds better with Chord Mojo than via Cipher, but that's a rare case.
Have you tried the mojo on the isine's? Bcause i have and all I can say is that the mojo is the worst dac you can use in this combination. Cipher all the way better than mojo. But there are better alternatives than the cipher cable too if you can root your phone and install viper4android. For example es100 + viper4android blows away cipher cable all the way. But yea its a hassle you need some skills too root your phone and you need to skills to use a the viper4android equalizer. And you need to be openminded bcause neutral sound doesnt excist, everthing is colored in its own way. Just listn what your ears say abd don't overly focus too much on theories and settings in this forum

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #6,704 of 7,348
Have you tried the mojo on the isine's? Bcause i have and all I can say is that the mojo is the worst dac you can use in this combination. Cipher all the way better than mojo. But there are better alternatives than the cipher cable too if you can root your phone and install viper4android. For example es100 + viper4android blows away cipher cable all the way. But yea its a hassle you need some skills too root your phone and you need to skills to use a the viper4android equalizer. And you need to be openminded bcause neutral sound doesnt excist, everthing is colored in its own way. Just listn what your ears say abd don't overly focus too much on theories and settings in this forum
I have ISine 20 and LCDi4. I also have mojo, but I use out of repurposed iPhone as transport. Bit-perfect output. I like the 20 out of the mojo, personally. Cipher has more low end presence though

Jul 26, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #6,705 of 7,348
I have ISine 20 and LCDi4. I also have mojo, but I use out of repurposed iPhone as transport. Bit-perfect output. I like the 20 out of the mojo, personally. Cipher has more low end presence though
Thanks for the advice on viper/ES100. I agree the guys over at radsone due a amazing job implementing DSP into their device. But what Audeze is doing with DSP/Dac and their headphones is pretty special it’s just unfortunate that it’s only IOS based. Not saying 3.5 isn’t usable and a good sound isn’t achievable it’s more plug and play with IOS. At the end of the day I’m pretty excited about the future of personal listening devices and I’m positive USB-C/ Bluetooth will pretty remarkable in the next 3-5 years we’re just at the cusp of the technology.
Still not as close to my 2.1 speaker setup but damn these IEM are enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back