1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones

First

Back
438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447
449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458
Next

Last
  1. stmiller
    Great find. I just ordered.

2. billbishere
    Anker makes a dongle so you can use the Cipher cable on your Android... That is what I do. It's so much easier than trying to replicate it through EQ.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-USB-C-...fix=anker+usbc+to+lightning+ad,aps,150&sr=8-3

Also, whoever said to use ES100 to get better SQ of the cipher cable is insane, I am sorry. They said Mojo sucks then turns around and says a BLUETOOTH device (ES100) + EQ is better SQ over mojo. How about NO.

Poki likes this.
  3. billbishere
    I actually just use the stock tips, they seem to work best for me. I recently tried the JVC Tips and didn't care for them on the isines. I love the JVC tips on my KZZS10 Pros tho.

pstickne likes this.
  4. Deckard916
    Been listening to my 20s with the Moon Audio Silver Dragon v1 that I bought from @udesign48, gotta say it is def a step up from the stock 3.5mm cable. Seems to add a bit more soundstage and less noise(?) than the stock cable. :smile_phones:

udesign48 likes this.
  5. jody2k
    Well it's not bcause it's a mojo it will sound good on every headphone. It's about the right COMBINATION. Yeah I found it hard too believe too first but the ES100 is a bluetooth dac with aptx hd and ldac codecs which are at same quality rate than jack 3.11mm. times are changing but i'm not the only one here that found out the ES100 is a almost perfect combintion with the isine's. Try it out yourself :) i was very sceptical too first. Cipher cable sounds boring compared to my setup now lol

For those who wonder I use the ES100 with viper4android equalizer not the equalizer from the ES100 app. Why? Bcause viper4android is way more superior and this combo is just mindblowing

Surely its all a hassle to get this setup to work but yeah it was all worth it in the end

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  6. billbishere
    You are kidding yourself if you think Bluetooth is same qaulity as 3.5mm. Just do a tiny bit of research before saying such absurd things. NO codec is as good as 3.5mm.

Devodonaldson likes this.
  7. jody2k
    Looking at your gear in your discription you're no audiophile I can tell. (Bose and b&w lmao ) Maybe you're the one that needs to do some research gtfo this thread

8. pstickne
    Glad you have found a setup that is subjectively ideal to you.

However, BT can’t have “the same” fidelity as a analog out, sorry.

One might say the ES100 has a “better” DAC/AMP than device X’s DAC/AMP (which requires device X to be specified). One might even say that they, personally, can’t determine a difference between the two - regardless of introduction of a BT transport; or that they prefer Y despite the transport.

However, it is questionable to compare BT (pre-DAC) to 3.5mm (post-DAC), much less to claim that BT has the “same quality rate”. This is because BT is a lossy digital pre-DAC transport that can only lose quality compared to analog that can be generated without the BT transport introduced. The losses and reconstruction of current BT encodings (AAC, aptX HD, LDAC 990) are measurable and still within levels of human detection - granted they are “at the cusp” and may not be relevant in many use cases.

These are not the apples you are looking for.

(Note that I consider AAC - from an iPhone - of ‘sufficient’ quality and find anything above 44.1/24 silly games. However, see above for why such claims of BT vs. 3.5mm are questionable: apples and oranges.)

Anyway, ears are funny :)

greatredswarm likes this.
  9. pstickne
    Reported gear is unrelated to logic and understanding .. ie. it’s a poor ‘argument’ or ‘justification’ in either direction.

greatredswarm likes this.
  10. billbishere
    Hilarious. I can see you are a troll now so no need to respond anymore.

To tell anyone Bluetooth is better than a Analog connection is stupid, plain and simple. You are the one who should GTFO and stop misleading people with your misunderstanding of basic audio.

Because according to the gear in my "discription" you are an idiot.

11. dolomusic
    All,

I just want to clarify statements on my behalf that my be misinterpreted. First Bluetooth technology isn’t nearly on the level of a hardwired connection. The technology while impressive is still another level of file compression and as such reduces quality. Bluetooth audio is in its infancy stage as the technology mature a more competent debate would be warranted.

My thoughts are purely on the implementation of DSP and it’s performance on IEM’s and in this particular case Audeze is doing something special with the cipher cable and IOS. I also think Radsone is doing a really good job of implementing DSP on the ES100 the EQ is pretty cool as well as DCT

DAC’s on the other hand are very subject to ones on listening experience there’s so many different ways of implementing that technology one could spend numerous hours and debates claiming which one is best. My opinion what ever brings you listening pleasure enjoy and remember it’s always been about the music and that magical moment of hearing something that triggers a delightful memory.

Peace I’m out I’m enjoying the music!!

pstickne likes this.
  12. udesign48
  13. twiceboss
    Hey guys, the cipher cable sounds really damn good but i heard distortion on highs. Im using it with my ipad mini 4. Any idea how to solve this?

edit: im dumb.. i didnt realize my spotify has been equalized too high on my ipad... no wonder they are distorted

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    pstickne likes this.
  14. lgcubana
    Are you using the Audeze HQ app, 10 band EQ ?

15. twiceboss
    Thats from spotify app not the audeze app.

First

Back
438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447
449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458
Next

Last