Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Nov 27, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #5,896 of 7,352
Just wanted to confirm what others have already reported, the Radsone ES100 EQ works well, and it seems to be a good portable solution for those who want to skip a cable.
I ordered one too it's on the way i read the dac is pretty decent and it has a own app with eq and other sound effects which is awesome

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #5,897 of 7,352
I ordered one too it's on the way i read the dac is pretty decent and it has a own app with eq and other sound effects which is awesome

Yeah, the app is great. One heads-up, when you adjust one of the EQ presets, you have to long press on the name of the preset to save it. (It will also give you the option to name the preset, which is nice.) There's a manual on the Radsone site, but only a very limited quickstart guide in the box, so this took me a little while to figure out. : )

Nov 29, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #5,898 of 7,352
I received yesterday my earstudio ES100 and i was really blown away by this little thing,
It's really powerful and it actually sounds better than analog cable straight to my DAC with my dragonfly red and ES100 DAC sounds also better than the cipher cable.

It's also compatible with viper4android on my phone and can run in APTX HD codec: this means i can use viper4android in full 24bit. (viper4android with analog cable only support 16bit 44.1) The difference is certainly audible

I was not able to run it in LDAC with viper4android at the moment but APTX HD is simelar in quality and more stable in connection.
The thing that impressed me even more is the app from earstudio ES100 which includes a wide range of soundoptions.

for 99$ this thing is a steal and it can drive headphones over 300ohm

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #5,900 of 7,352
I'm on a trip to london and i had the oppertunity to demo some more headphones and iem's comparing with isine 20.

I have compared everything with a chord mojo just to be sure my source was powerful enough

Isine 20 vs lcdi4: actually i was very excited to try these! So here we go: first thing i noticed about the lcdi4 they were way more laid back sounding and a noticable decrease in soundstage widh, but it offered more depth instead. About the tone: mids are not as smooth as the isine 20's and there were not more layered either pretty dissapointing as i was expecting a real improvement here. The bass: lcdi4 sounding a tad more deeper but totally missing the nice smooth and full timbre of my isine 20's. Isine 20 are way more in the face, musical and way more punchier and thats what i like.
About the highs: lcdi4 is clearly a "winner"here for most people: noticeable more layering compared to the isine 20's but for me i still prefer smooth rolled off highs and the timbre (you get the picture already). Lcdi4 are sounding cold and sterile to my personal taste and im really glad i hadn't bought these yet bcause they are not worh the 3000 euro pricing in my personal opinion.

Next one was the audeze lcd3 with my isine 20's so here we go:
Okay one thing is clear here lcd3 are really par on par with the isine 20 its like it's bigger brother now this is an improvement: mids: lcd3 have more layering in mids but isine 20 sounding smoother. More seperation in the lcd3 and wider/ soundstage and the bass has more impact and goes a bit deeper. Highs are about the same as isine20: same rolloff which i liked. Isine 20 is overall a tad smoother but its really simelar to the lcd 3 which scores on all aspects about 20% better than isine 20. Its bigger brother can't say it better, loved it.

Isine 20 vs lcd4: well the same laid back presentation like the lcdi4 i tried above but way way better than the lcdi4 on all aspects.
I actually enjoyed this, i like more the thick timbre and smooth mids of the lcd3 and for me the lcd3 sounded more musical but lcd4 was really interesting too in its own way.
Mids were more refined but not as thick and smooth like the lcd3, lcd4 had a timbre i havent heard yet pretty interesting.
Highs: well even more interesting they have more layering like lcdi4 but sounded rolled of like the lcd3 at the same time oO* mindblown* i clearly heared more detail and microdetailing here where the lcdi4 did not.
Bass compartment: not as bassheavy like lcd3 and not as smooth like my isine 20 but goes deep in the abyss more layering here too interesting actually.

While im still liking more the isine 20 and especially the lcd3 i can imagine why people liking so much the lcd4 as its really interesting. But why people liking the lcdi4 this is still a mystery to me its not a improvement or stepup to my isine 20

Glad I read this I do have the LCD-X and at one time the LCD 2 fazor, I have both the Mojo and Deckard for a headphone amps plus Gungnir DAC , when LCDi4 went on sale for $ 995. I was one day late in pulling the tigger, so as a consolation prize got the ISine 20 on the Audeze B-Stock sale ( GR8 people at Audeze ) combination of chord Mojo and Isine 20 is a match made in heaven !
Ashah

Nov 30, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #5,901 of 7,352
Glad I read this I do have the LCD-X and at one time the LCD 2 fazor, I have both the Mojo and Deckard for a headphone amps plus Gungnir DAC , when LCDi4 went on sale for $ 995. I was one day late in pulling the tigger, so as a consolation prize got the ISine 20 on the Audeze B-Stock sale ( GR8 people at Audeze ) combination of chord Mojo and Isine 20 is a match made in heaven !
Ashah

To sound a bit rediculous now lets reverse things: soundwise isine 20 should cost 3000$ and lcdi4 600$.
I mean seriously the isine 20 are really a steal for their price :) glad i bought these ones too last year, audeze have cut their own fingers by making a model that is way too good for it's price range.

The LCDi4 was clearly the only model i really disliked from audeze products and were a significant step down compared to my isine 20. The shop keeper agreed also with me about the LCDi4 vs isine 20. There is almost no place to try LCDi4 either, pure marketing trick if you ask me.

I loved the presentation of the LCD-X also, more neutral/reference sound and very transparent with a deep extension in bass area.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #5,902 of 7,352
Where can I find balanced 2.5mm or dual 3.5mm cables for iSine headphones?

I know Moon Audio make them but they're out of my budget.

Is there any other manufacturer which make balanced cable for iSine headphones?

I want to try 2.5mm and dual 3.5mm (pono player) balanced cables with iSine 10.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #5,904 of 7,352
If anyone has not heard these amped, I'd highly recommend doing so. Using an external DAC from my source PC, being fed into an O2 amp really brings the bass alive. These things get lowwww! Don't forget to use the Audeze Reveal plugin!

Dec 3, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #5,905 of 7,352
If anyone has not heard these amped, I'd highly recommend doing so. Using an external DAC from my source PC, being fed into an O2 amp really brings the bass alive. These things get lowwww! Don't forget to use the Audeze Reveal plugin!
havent tried out your setup but agreed on the low end part. They are advertised as 20 hz but imo the bass can go way lower.
For those who use viper4android: enable "dynamic system" option it's like a earthly low end bass between 5-15 hz and isine 20's are actually responding very well to it

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #5,906 of 7,352
Black Friday isine20 was delivered couple days ago. Been breaking them in and checking them out without the cypher cable.

Earhooks that came with didn't work too good for me but I managed wearing over ear with my VE cappuccino cable.

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #5,909 of 7,352
Where can I find balanced 2.5mm or dual 3.5mm cables for iSine headphones?

I know Moon Audio make them but they're out of my budget.

Is there any other manufacturer which make balanced cable for iSine headphones?

I want to try 2.5mm and dual 3.5mm (pono player) balanced cables with iSine 10.

What's your budget?

At any rate, this balanced copper cable is hard to beat:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32916162030.html
Well made, low microphonics, sounds way better than stock cable and the other cheap options I've tried (which I won't name). Natural tonality with very little distortion. I'm not able to measure their conductivity personally but they are very favourably rated over at the cheap cable thread. Was $15 on 11.11 but imo it's good value even at its regular price.

Only drawback is the preformed ear guides for wearing them over the ear. You'd either have to straighten them out (using heat), cut them off or see if the seller will ship them without.

If you can stretch your budget to slightly over $100, I would recommend the OS849 SPC cable from Penon - good impact and extension both ends and a nice airy soundstage.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #5,910 of 7,352
There are loads of ear hooks that will suit.Choose ones with the removable shoe part,( You will see by the photos, which is which.) then contact Frank88, for the correct shoe size, as ha makes them for both the iSine, and the M300.Have a look back through this thread, more information is available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back