Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Nov 17, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #5,881 of 7,348
From my left iSine 20 dosent come sound any more. I do nothing with it than to listen music. What can i do?
Don't worry at all. My iSine 20's left driver failed a month ago too. Just contact Audeze Customer Support and you will receive a free driver replacement with no cost at all. Their customers' service is fantastic. My pair of iSine will come back to me tomorrow and I can't wait anymore =)))

Nov 17, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #5,882 of 7,348
Thank you. Had contact Audeze hope they are that nice to me like to you:) I love my InEars and it was a hard moment for me. Cable okay but the InEar it self its horrible.

As a happy iSine 20 Owner with Cipher V2 Cable, is the Audeze Mobius worth too? Or is it a hard Downgrade in compare?

Nov 18, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #5,883 of 7,348
I'm on a trip to london and i had the oppertunity to demo some more headphones and iem's comparing with isine 20.

I have compared everything with a chord mojo just to be sure my source was powerful enough

Isine 20 vs lcdi4: actually i was very excited to try these! So here we go: first thing i noticed about the lcdi4 they were way more laid back sounding and a noticable decrease in soundstage widh, but it offered more depth instead. About the tone: mids are not as smooth as the isine 20's and there were not more layered either pretty dissapointing as i was expecting a real improvement here. The bass: lcdi4 sounding a tad more deeper but totally missing the nice smooth and full timbre of my isine 20's. Isine 20 are way more in the face, musical and way more punchier and thats what i like.
About the highs: lcdi4 is clearly a "winner"here for most people: noticeable more layering compared to the isine 20's but for me i still prefer smooth rolled off highs and the timbre (you get the picture already). Lcdi4 are sounding cold and sterile to my personal taste and im really glad i hadn't bought these yet bcause they are not worh the 3000 euro pricing in my personal opinion.

Next one was the audeze lcd3 with my isine 20's so here we go:
Okay one thing is clear here lcd3 are really par on par with the isine 20 its like it's bigger brother now this is an improvement: mids: lcd3 have more layering in mids but isine 20 sounding smoother. More seperation in the lcd3 and wider/ soundstage and the bass has more impact and goes a bit deeper. Highs are about the same as isine20: same rolloff which i liked. Isine 20 is overall a tad smoother but its really simelar to the lcd 3 which scores on all aspects about 20% better than isine 20. Its bigger brother can't say it better, loved it.

Isine 20 vs lcd4: well the same laid back presentation like the lcdi4 i tried above but way way better than the lcdi4 on all aspects.
I actually enjoyed this, i like more the thick timbre and smooth mids of the lcd3 and for me the lcd3 sounded more musical but lcd4 was really interesting too in its own way.
Mids were more refined but not as thick and smooth like the lcd3, lcd4 had a timbre i havent heard yet pretty interesting.
Highs: well even more interesting they have more layering like lcdi4 but sounded rolled of like the lcd3 at the same time oO* mindblown* i clearly heared more detail and microdetailing here where the lcdi4 did not.
Bass compartment: not as bassheavy like lcd3 and not as smooth like my isine 20 but goes deep in the abyss more layering here too interesting actually.

While im still liking more the isine 20 and especially the lcd3 i can imagine why people liking so much the lcd4 as its really interesting. But why people liking the lcdi4 this is still a mystery to me its not a improvement or stepup to my isine 20

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #5,884 of 7,348
I personally have the iSine 10, LCDi4, LCD3, and LCD4 200ohm. I have to say the mojo doesn't have enough power to properly drive the LCD4. While I have listened to the mojo I don't own one. Having said that everyone hears differently, but I feel the LCDi4 and LCD4 are clearly superior. Better detail, faster, more extension. The LCD3 is a darker headphone compared to the rest, but easy to listen to. The 4 and i4 will reveal any flows in the rest of your chain. From amplifiction to music files. But I guess that is why the make all the different models.

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #5,885 of 7,348
Thank you. Had contact Audeze hope they are that nice to me like to you:) I love my InEars and it was a hard moment for me. Cable okay but the InEar it self its horrible.

As a happy iSine 20 Owner with Cipher V2 Cable, is the Audeze Mobius worth too? Or is it a hard Downgrade in compare?
Guess what, I have just received my iSine back, and it is brand-new inside-out, the pair of iSine are new, the accessories are new, the case are new. It was an incredible customer service from Audeze. Kudos to Audeze!

Nov 21, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #5,888 of 7,348
I am using my iSine 20 with my ES100. The main issue is the cable length, which is annoying.
Anyone know of a smaller balanced cable, something like 10-20cm long and not more than that? If not, is this something that one can DIY easily?

Thanks!

Nov 21, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #5,889 of 7,348
Alright, so I picked a pair of the isine20s w/Cipher up during the Black Friday sale (smart move!), but I'm also much more an idiot generally and can't make sense of what it is going to take to use a laptop's usb port as a source with the cipher cable. I've been trying to figure this out on my own (how digital audio "works", specifically with lightning connectors) and am having a hard time making sense of the code switching the electrical engineers who write this literature do; what's the practical bottom line is all I'm trying to get to. Is it as easy as using a chain like: laptop usb port > USB A (m) - Lightning (f) > Cipher cable? Is that a sensible option? Component quality notwithstanding, there should be no loss in fidelity here, right?

If anyone has any personal experience in getting from laptop to cipher, do share! I was surprised to see this hasn't been addressed yet in the thread so far as I could see (probably because it's obvious enough to you all that it didn't need to be discussed...).

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #5,890 of 7,348
Alright, so I picked a pair of the isine20s w/Cipher up during the Black Friday sale (smart move!), but I'm also much more an idiot generally and can't make sense of what it is going to take to use a laptop's usb port as a source with the cipher cable. I've been trying to figure this out on my own (how digital audio "works", specifically with lightning connectors) and am having a hard time making sense of the code switching the electrical engineers who write this literature do; what's the practical bottom line is all I'm trying to get to. Is it as easy as using a chain like: laptop usb port > USB A (m) - Lightning (f) > Cipher cable? Is that a sensible option? Component quality notwithstanding, there should be no loss in fidelity here, right?

If anyone has any personal experience in getting from laptop to cipher, do share! I was surprised to see this hasn't been addressed yet in the thread so far as I could see.
How do you mean it has not been adressed? i mean the thread is all over it with the ciphercable not compatible with anything except the iphones an ipods

Cipher cable is developed for apple users only and it's overrated, use the normal jack cable it's fine just play with your equalizer and never look back. I compared it many times cipher cable vs normal jack cable. Cipher is using reversed dsp colouration and replicating the values with the normal cable results most of the time in not great results because it just doesnt work that way its not that simple as every dac chip responds different to EQ.

Use your own ears and make it sound like whatever you want bcause the isines are capable of doing that

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #5,891 of 7,348
How do you mean it has not been adressed? i mean the thread is all over it with the ciphercable not compatible anything except the iphones an ipods

Cipher cable is developed for apple users only and it's overrated, use the normal jack cable it's fine just play with your equalizer and never look back. I compared it many times cipher cable vs normal jack cable. Cipher is using reversed dsp colouration and replicating the values with the normal cable results most of the time in not great results because it just doesnt work that way its not that simple as every dac chip responds different to EQ.

Use your own ears and make it sound like whatever you want bcause the isines are capable of doing that actually and forget this wave of madness

Thank's for the reply. Generally I check the last six months of posts before I ask anything, and I do see this was indeed mentioned in February of this year, which is why I missed it--sorry about that! Good to know regarding the relationship between DAC chips and EQ, I was not aware of that; I'm not really aware of much of anything when it comes to this stuff. Thanks for suffering my question. I'll just run it from my laptop using the 3.5mm cable through my dac/amp and call it good!

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #5,892 of 7,348
Thank's for the reply. Generally I check the last six months of posts before I ask anything, and I do see this was indeed mentioned in February of this year, which is why I missed it--sorry about that! Good to know regarding the relationship between DAC chips and EQ, I was not aware of that; I'm not really aware of much of anything when it comes to this stuff. Thanks for suffering my question. I'll just run it from my laptop using the 3.5mm cable through my dac/amp and call it good!

Roon has official built-in presets for Audeze; also KMann from Audeze posted in this thread official EQs to “emulate” cipher (i. e. perform the same correction as the cipher does). Example from last february or later for foobar — look for his posts, it will help.

Short answer: you don’t need the cipher with these settings. And Audeze doesn’t make a secret of them — kudos to the company.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #5,894 of 7,348
anyone have extra earlocks? Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 10.38.12 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back