Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Dec 12, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #5,926 of 7,348
Has anyone had an issue with the stock cable (non-Cipher) whereby a harline fracture develops on the connector? I could swear they weren't there the other day...

https://imgur.com/a/cwBOnjn

*Edit*, can confirm they weren't there the other day when I took this photo...

https://imgur.com/a/L85jSbY

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #5,927 of 7,348
So, my ultimate solution to the cable swapping problem (from phone use, to computer use, back again, and again)--which I inherited from giving up the hopeless task of trying to go from cipher to 3.5mm through a convoluted series of adapters--was to simply use my iphone as an airplay (AAC) receiver using Airfoil's "Airfoil Satellite" app. Output from system audio to Airfoil, Airfoil to Airfoil Satellite on phone. Works swimmingly with cipher and Audeze's native EQ application. There's the expected two second latency from airplay, so it's not ideal if one is looking to watch videos and the like, but for music, it seems quite ideal thus far.

I've also taken to putting a dummy 3.5mm plug in my laptop if there's any loss of connectivity, or in the transition from laptop audio out to iphone audio out, so no sound leaks obnoxiously, erroneously into the environment. With this little addition the process goes from not just easy, but also as risk free as a direct connection.

Anyway, I'm sure no one wanted an update to that, but I do find it a very useful work around, and one I haven't seen discussed. Do try it out and see if it doesn't work as well as anything!

Dec 14, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #5,928 of 7,348
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site as a member but have been reading posts for a few years. Anyway, I was wondering if someone could tell me how the Isine20 sounds with Astell & Kern players please? I currently own the SP1000M and interested in these IEMs but I want to know if they sound good with the standard cable without any EQ altering on an Astell & Kern player, or will I need to change the EQ settings to get the best out of them?

Thank you in advance if someone can help with my questions.

Dec 14, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #5,929 of 7,348
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site as a member but have been reading posts for a few years. Anyway, I was wondering if someone could tell me how the Isine20 sounds with Astell & Kern players please? I currently own the SP1000M and interested in these IEMs but I want to know if they sound good with the standard cable without any EQ altering on an Astell & Kern player, or will I need to change the EQ settings to get the best out of them?

Thank you in advance if someone can help with my questions.
They play fine with A&K I use a 320 either stand alone or through my Mojo (which I am selling with a set of Noble Wizard Sage on Audiogon) or my Hugo. I personally like using the 320 wth Eq to tailor the sound. Ultimately it boils down to what you prefer.

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #5,931 of 7,348
Quiet environment with Eq the Isine is very good. Normal coffee shop listening the Andromeda. My favorite universals though are my Sage and Encore’s. I have a slight issue with the Andromeda’s upper mid lower treble response. Not as big a fan as others of Andromeda (still very good iem though)

Dec 14, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #5,932 of 7,348
They play fine with A&K I use a 320 either stand alone or through my Mojo (which I am selling with a set of Noble Wizard Sage on Audiogon) or my Hugo. I personally like using the 320 wth Eq to tailor the sound. Ultimately it boils down to what you prefer.

Thanks, mate. I appreciate your reply. The SP1000M has a 20band EQ setting so hopefully I won't need to do too much fiddling about to get the best out of the Isine 20.

Would you say these earphones require a burn in period?

Dec 14, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #5,933 of 7,348
Thanks, mate. I appreciate your reply. The SP1000M has a 20band EQ setting so hopefully I won't need to do too much fiddling about to get the best out of the Isine 20.

Would you say these earphones require a burn in period?
I burn in all my head and earphones.

Dec 15, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #5,936 of 7,348
What does your EQ setting with the AK320 look like? Would you be able to provide me the 20band figures you use if that's not too much trouble please?

I really want these earphones but don't want to end up disappointed as a result of not knowing how to EQ them properly.
Look at post 5918 I think one page back. I have another setting I’ll post, but for my ears I like this one. Also a few othe folks posted settings several pages back you may prefer.

Dec 17, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #5,938 of 7,348
My Cipher v2 yesterday started disconnecting when I accidentally put strain on the cable by folding it near the lightning connector...I advise anyone to put one of those strain protectors on that end of the cable on day one they get a Cipher...I hope I still can fix it by putting it now..

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #5,939 of 7,348
Look at post 5918 I think one page back. I have another setting I’ll post, but for my ears I like this one. Also a few othe folks posted settings several pages back you may prefer.

Hi mate, I've spent some time listening to my new Isine20's. Absolutely incredible!

On the EQ aspect, I actually prefer them with EQ off on the Astell & Kern SP1000M. All the EQ settings I've used seem to reduce the clarity of this DAC when the setting is off.

I haven't tried the lighting cable to compare but will do on my IPad soon to compare the cable differences.

Also, regarding burn in, I got a certificate card saying they have already been burned in and tested in factory.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #5,940 of 7,348
A&K Isine settings:
30-380 HZ - 0
500 HZ -2.0 I
750 -2.5
1K. -3.0
1.5K -2.5
2K -2.0
3K -1.5
4K -1.0
6K. -0.5
8K - 18K 0

Just to confirm as I'm a bit confused. Should all the gain settings have a minus? For example the 500hz frequency says -2.0. Is that a minus 2.0 or +2.0?

I've used your settings as all minus and it sounds a bit muffled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back