Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 4, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #5,657 of 7,352
Interesting posts! I'm curious then if anyone has used these on say.. A ps4 and had decent results.. I suppose running a dac/amp with a ps4 would help, but straight into the controller?

I've been using my isine20 directly from the PS4 controller and going max volume gets it plenty loud. On Monster Hunter World game I have my volume set to 2 ticks from max.

Sep 4, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #5,658 of 7,352
Gonna try this one again - does anyone have parametric EQ settings to replicate cipher using USB Audio Pro and the 6 band EQ. Post 1249 does it for a 10 band but I don't know how to translate it for 6. TIA.

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #5,662 of 7,352
Isine20 seems to require higher volume levels from the same source as the 10s.

I haven't heard the 10s but adding a portable amp (in my case a RSA sr71a) between the PS4 controller and the 20s brings out the bass and impact more. The sound of a hammer coming down on a monster's head is oh so much more satisfying haha.

When listening to music I used my LG V35 phone and I feel it has adequate power to drive them. Though I do have to trick the phone to go into high impedance mode by first plugging in the cable into the phone without the drivers connected to the 2pin end. I use neutron with the eq settings found below in the pic.

Screenshot_2018-09-04-08-59-48-01.jpeg 20180727_155059.jpg

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #5,663 of 7,352
I haven't heard the 10s but adding a portable amp (in my case a RSA sr71a) between the PS4 controller and the 20s brings out the bass and impact more. The sound of a hammer coming down on a monster's head is oh so much more satisfying haha.

When listening to music I used my LG V35 phone and I feel it has adequate power to drive them. Though I do have to trick the phone to go into high impedance mode by first plugging in the cable into the phone without the drivers connected to the 2pin end. I use neutron with the eq settings found below in the pic.

Is the pic above a screen shot of the neutron eq screen?

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #5,665 of 7,352
Is the pic above a screen shot of the neutron eq screen?

Here's a pic of my Neutron eq settings.

Screenshot_2018-09-04-10-34-00.png

rodel808 what cable do you use with your 20s?

Venture Electronic 2pin 0.78mm trrs cable that I got from Massdrop. Originally got it for my chifi iems. It has the notch on the connectors so it fits nicely into the isines. I'm using a trrs to trs (balanced to single ended) adapter when connecting to my amp.

Sep 4, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #5,666 of 7,352

Venture Electronic 2pin 0.78mm trrs cable that I got from Massdrop. Originally got it for my chifi iems. It has the notch on the connectors so it fits nicely into the isines. I'm using a trrs to trs (balanced to single ended) adapter when connecting to my amp.

seems like you have full control so you could just try using any of the settings we have posted here. I am not sure if you have access to low or high shelf but otherwise you could match them exactly.

Sep 4, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #5,667 of 7,352

I've gone through two of the VE Espresso cables.
With in a the first 30 minutes the metal go sound the 3.5mm jack came off when removing it from my phone. I we emailed them that very night, but didn't hear back. But I want a big deal.

Add after nearly two weeks or so I noticed it just started to not sound right. Went back to the stick cables and it sounds good again. I emailed them again. The ones replied asking with my purchases info, then started they had a 7 day warranty, that's they "take very seriously". And if it had been more that 7 days, to "not even bother".

I informed him I had emailed on day one. He confined and did they where expecting a new updated batch and for me to keep a lookout and contact him once they where in stock and remind him. I was bit annoyed the responsibility was shifted to me to constantly check for availability to contact him, but I did (to shoot 2 to 3 weeks). When I got the replacement cable, it was find. Then shoot 3 weeks later it also stated to sound degraded and I went back to the stick cable. I didn't bother contacting them as it had been more than their ridiculous 7 day warranty, which he already told me they take VERY SERIOUSLY.

No more VE products for me. Count me among the many discontent customers.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #5,668 of 7,352
Exactly true.

Installing v4a is quite frustrating. If someone on the thread can show their v4a settings with v20 which sound best with isines it'll be a huge help to us trying wean ourselves off the apple tether..

I fallowed a YouTube video on installing ARISE MAGNUS OPUS which includes V4A.

I only use the EQ portion of V4A and don't need with all the rest, it sound great and I'm not monkeying too much with the audio signal.

Sep 5, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #5,669 of 7,352
This is the downside yes and it's a bitch to install
I haven't rooted in years. Rooting my V20 was far more complicated than installing V4A. But yes it is a bit of a Hassel, but well with it.

I hadn't rooted in years, and the V20 was far more complicated them in the past. Only reason I rooted was to install V4A and mod my phone to always be in high impedance mode. I'm so glad I did!... My V20 is far more convenient to carry with me on the go than my iBasso DX150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back