Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Aug 24, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #5,642 of 7,352
I wouldn't say unbearable without EQ but they don't sound good. I have the isine 10's with LGV30 and neutron player with the EQ settings posted in this thread they sound great

I have the LG V10, rooted and running Viper4Android, so I can have a system wide EQ and I do prefer them like that for sure. For this reason I tend to use the V20 over my iBasso DX150 DAP because with the iBasso I can EQ for Spotify.

V20 has crappy battery life and the headphone jack is flawed, it can wiggle and cause issues, like randomly launching the Google Assistant or stopping playback. I'm going to pick up a V30/V35 and routing it so I can install Viper4Android.

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #5,643 of 7,352
I can't believe anyone could listen to these with the analogue cable and no eq. It sounds unbearable to me, but hey, whatever works for you.
I never eq these. Everytime I try, I go back to stock. Every setting I've picked up from others does less for my personal tastes than stock. I actually prefer the slightly recessed presentation. Don't want to feel like I'm in the first row or two. Hybrid eartips, I'm in love, til I get home and throw on my Nighthawk or Nightowl

Aug 24, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #5,645 of 7,352
I am keeping my position, I feel those need EQ to sound their best. Without EQ, they are okay, but only okay, but with EQ, MAN, those justify their price and shape and everything :)

Well they sound more than just okay without EQ but its what you"re used to ofc
Yea they shine with EQ they love the juice of that thing :wink:

And yes LG V20 + Viper4android app is still for me the best combination, cypher cable on second place

Aug 25, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #5,647 of 7,352
Well Im on the other extreme. Wont be listening to this without EQ. They just dont sound right with anything I throw at it without EQ. But once EQed, it’s a different ballgame. This headphone is one of the most satisfying experience I ever had

Aug 25, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #5,649 of 7,352
This should be the last update for a while. It's relatively minor, but I'm really happy with it and I'm burnt out on tweaking eq settings. :wink:
Enjoy! Let me know what you think! To me, it's the fullest most balanced sound I've ever gotten out of these.

These headphones definitely are incredible, and I've tried a LOT of gear over the years.

Preamp: -4.4 dB
Filter: ON LS Fc 120 Hz Gain 2 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -9 dB Q 2.7001
Filter: ON PK Fc 1950 Hz Gain 3 dB Q 1
Filter: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 2.5 dB Q 0.6

Aug 25, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #5,650 of 7,352
This should be the last update for a while. It's relatively minor, but I'm really happy with it and I'm burnt out on tweaking eq settings. :wink:
Enjoy! Let me know what you think! To me, it's the fullest most balanced sound I've ever gotten out of these.

These headphones definitely are incredible, and I've tried a LOT of gear over the years.

Preamp: -4.4 dB
Filter: ON LS Fc 120 Hz Gain 2 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -9 dB Q 2.7001
Filter: ON PK Fc 1950 Hz Gain 3 dB Q 1
Filter: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 2.5 dB Q 0.6
Thank for the update, enjoyed the last one allot. They are all so close, and I can see how the tweaking can drive one crazy.:)

What are some of the songs / music that you are using?

Aug 28, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #5,652 of 7,352
Hi, can anyone point me to the 6 band parametric eq settings for USB audio pro? Kmann helped me out a while back but I can't find it. Switching to android. Thanks. Looking for the cipheresque settings

Sep 4, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #5,654 of 7,352
v20 has better sound than cypher?! wow!
Only with viper4android yes this is really important here

Other equalizers on android (like poweramp, blackplayer, standard android EQ, Neutron, USB audio player pro etc....) does suffer of loss in SQ and dynamics for the LG V20 they dont make the dac shine at all in combination with the isine 20's

Viper4android is a superior EQ and is actually a hybrid soft/hardware equalizer that doesn't only "color" your sound by software but actually (partly) gets it's resources straight from the DAC chip

It's a lossless equalizer which provides the same clear sound/dynamics like cypher cable does (which is also a hardware equalizer/dsp) only it does it better because the LG V20 quad DAC is way more superior chip

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #5,655 of 7,352
Only with viper4android yes this is really important here

Other equalizers on android (like poweramp, blackplayer, standard android EQ, Neutron, USB audio player pro etc....) does suffer of loss in SQ and dynamics for the LG V20 they dont make the dac shine at all in combination with the isine 20's

Viper4android is a superior EQ and is actually a hybrid soft/hardware equalizer that doesn't only "color" your sound by software but actually (partly) gets it's resources straight from the DAC chip

It's a lossless equalizer which provides the same clear sound/dynamics like cypher cable does (which is also a hardware equalizer/dsp) only it does it better because the LG V20 quad DAC is way more superior chip
True but it also requires you to root your device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back