Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 4, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #5,326 of 7,353
USB Audio Player Pro has a good parametric eq that works great with the isine's and you don't need root.
tried them all but things are not as good as using cipher cable peroid

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #5,328 of 7,353
No sorry USB audio player pro has a terrible EQ tried that one too, well compared to viper4android it is terrible :)

i will try viper4andoid on my fiio x5ii as it comes backed with its firmware and I will report back

Jun 4, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #5,330 of 7,353
Jun 4, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #5,331 of 7,353
UAPP has added Tooneboosters' iSine 20 profile. Will check it out vs stock.

I already use the high impedance trick to get a higher gain and wider soundstage for my iSine 10.
that is interesting i will try it when i get home

Jun 4, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #5,332 of 7,353
Apple is aware of the issue an iOS update and/or firmware update will be needed.

Hi @Audeze.
Do you have an update on this issue please? Callers are still commenting on the very low level microphone level on my Cipher V2/iPhone X and there has been no mention of the issue in Apple's iOS updates, nor any updates to the Cipher firmware since your last reply.

Thanks.

Jun 4, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #5,333 of 7,353

Why's that then?
What I Value in products.

Basically, they're Overpriced, not very customizable, and annoyingly proprietary.

I see Apple products as an extremely overpriced Fisher Price for adults, I've just never gelled with their products from almost any standpoint other than I think their cameras on the iphone are very consistent...

Some people seem to "get" them or find them very intuitive, I am not one of them, have always hated iOs and apple OS since the original mcintosh. I'm a chi-fi type, and I'm guessing there's not much overlap between the two groups given they value completely different things.

Chi fi folk value cutting edge tech, great values, and speed. Apple folks value resale, the "it just works" mentality, and (supposed) reliability, and a brand name. I'm not saying I don't value any of those things, just that they're not as important to me as being overpriced and "old" and "stale" and infuriatingly proprietary.

Jun 4, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #5,334 of 7,353

Basically, they're Overpriced, not very customizable, and annoyingly proprietary.

I see Apple products as an extremely overpriced Fisher Price for adults, I've just never gelled with their products from almost any standpoint other than I think their cameras on the iphone are very consistent...

Some people seem to "get" them or find them very intuitive, I am not one of them, have always hated iOs and apple OS since the original mcintosh. I'm a chi-fi type, and I'm guessing there's not much overlap between the two groups given they value completely different things.

Chi fi folk value cutting edge tech, great values, and speed. Apple folks value resale, the "it just works" mentality, and (supposed) reliability, and a brand name. I'm not saying I don't value any of those things, just that they're not as important to me as being overpriced and "old" and "stale" and infuriatingly proprietary.

I must agree with you on some points, such as the excellent resale value I get from iPhones and MacBook Pros, and especially with the MBP the fact that I can keep one for more than 5 years without finding it has slowed to a crawl. A 5 year old Windows laptop is good for only one place usually...

When you look at the pro world of video production and editing and photo editing, Windows doesn't get a look in as the OS just isn't up to it.
Overall cost I would maybe debate, because to get the same level of performance in a Windows laptop, you need to spend a lot of extra cash on memory and SSDs and even then, you probably wouldn't have the same level of screen.
I read Stuff magazine and, although they can't be experts in everything, the MacBook Pro has been the best laptop overall for many years now. No Windows laptop even comes close.
As for proprietary, you could also view that as being ahead of the curve in many ways, for example the MacBook with a single USB-C connector. Everyone moaned like mad but now it makes perfect sense with the rise and rise of cloud storage and web apps.
The removal of the 3.5mm connector. Again so many complaints but now just look at the other manufacturers removing them as well :)

I definitely value the 'It just works' thing and most of that is due to the fact that the iPhone isn't customisable...one manufacturer, one operating system that almost 80% of owners are using and apps that are only available in the App Store, approved by Apple.
You're right with one thing though...the overall reliability has dropped slightly in the post-Jobs years but is still pretty good I think.

'Old' and 'stale' I'd have to disagree with though. Their laptop screens are always ahead of everybody else's and the MBP body style is now copied by so many others it's a bit of a joke.
When their SSD machines came out they were faster than any other make and that does explain the cost of those machines, trackpads and multi-touch gestures are way ahead of the game as well, but now being copied by others.
Apple are very 'cutting edge' and you can see this now in the other manufacturers copying them.
When Apple brought out the curved edge iPhone 6, suddenly everyone copied it, even down to the speaker grills. Some lead, others copy.
Obviously I really get on with Apple gear, although initially I swore I'd never buy an iPhone. It's just that when I did, it just worked, as they say.

Luckily, there's room for everyone but I was just curious as I've seen the comment 'I'll never buy an Apple product' on here a few times so I wondered why not in your case.

I do understand Audeze's decision to not invest in the many combinations of hardware and Android OS versions out there though and I'm just lucky that I like iPhones and Audeze have catered for people like me.
With the Lightning connector, I can buy an adaptor and then use a USB DAC like the Dragonflies or USB card reader or VGA or HDMI output if I feel like, it so I don't see that as an issue.

I realise it may be disappointing for Android users though but I would really recommend picking up a second-hand iPod and using the Cipher cable. It really is remarkable.

I realise this discussion could go on for days and I didn't intend to write nearly as much as I did, but hopefully it's obvious that, exactly as you say, we all value different things and make different choices...it's a very interesting time to be alive at the moment :)

Jun 4, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #5,335 of 7,353
I'm wanting to get better at listening at safe levels, anyone know what volume settings on the iphone w/ the cypher cable correlates to which db levels?

Jun 4, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #5,336 of 7,353

I run from HEK, Beats, to ChiFi at $4, and for me, they all have their uses. Beats good value?. thats up to the individual to decide.

Jun 4, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #5,337 of 7,353
I must agree with you on some points, such as the excellent resale value I get from iPhones and MacBook Pros, and especially with the MBP the fact that I can keep one for more than 5 years without finding it has slowed to a crawl. A 5 year old Windows laptop is good for only one place usually...

When you look at the pro world of video production and editing and photo editing, Windows doesn't get a look in as the OS just isn't up to it.
Overall cost I would maybe debate, because to get the same level of performance in a Windows laptop, you need to spend a lot of extra cash on memory and SSDs and even then, you probably wouldn't have the same level of screen.
I read Stuff magazine and, although they can't be experts in everything, the MacBook Pro has been the best laptop overall for many years now. No Windows laptop even comes close.
As for proprietary, you could also view that as being ahead of the curve in many ways, for example the MacBook with a single USB-C connector. Everyone moaned like mad but now it makes perfect sense with the rise and rise of cloud storage and web apps.
The removal of the 3.5mm connector. Again so many complaints but now just look at the other manufacturers removing them as well :)

I definitely value the 'It just works' thing and most of that is due to the fact that the iPhone isn't customisable...one manufacturer, one operating system that almost 80% of owners are using and apps that are only available in the App Store, approved by Apple.
You're right with one thing though...the overall reliability has dropped slightly in the post-Jobs years but is still pretty good I think.

'Old' and 'stale' I'd have to disagree with though. Their laptop screens are always ahead of everybody else's and the MBP body style is now copied by so many others it's a bit of a joke.
When their SSD machines came out they were faster than any other make and that does explain the cost of those machines, trackpads and multi-touch gestures are way ahead of the game as well, but now being copied by others.
Apple are very 'cutting edge' and you can see this now in the other manufacturers copying them.
When Apple brought out the curved edge iPhone 6, suddenly everyone copied it, even down to the speaker grills. Some lead, others copy.
Obviously I really get on with Apple gear, although initially I swore I'd never buy an iPhone. It's just that when I did, it just worked, as they say.

Luckily, there's room for everyone but I was just curious as I've seen the comment 'I'll never buy an Apple product' on here a few times so I wondered why not in your case.

I do understand Audeze's decision to not invest in the many combinations of hardware and Android OS versions out there though and I'm just lucky that I like iPhones and Audeze have catered for people like me.
With the Lightning connector, I can buy an adaptor and then use a USB DAC like the Dragonflies or USB card reader or VGA or HDMI output if I feel like, it so I don't see that as an issue.

I realise it may be disappointing for Android users though but I would really recommend picking up a second-hand iPod and using the Cipher cable. It really is remarkable.

I realise this discussion could go on for days and I didn't intend to write nearly as much as I did, but hopefully it's obvious that, exactly as you say, we all value different things and make different choices...it's a very interesting time to be alive at the moment :)

Honestly, what pretty much turned me off of apple originally and permanently was their use of a one button mouse on the Mac. That is still one of the most obnoxious things I can think of that makes something unnecessarily simpler that actually hurts functionality. It is a microcosm of how I feel about apple in general.

I admit, I looked up prices of refurbed old generation iPods with that in mind for a cipher cable. My immediate reaction was pure rage at what a 16 gb (16GB!!!!?What) old refurbished model is selling for. On principal alone that's an outright no. My parents occasionally offer me their old iPhones or iPads for the kids, so maybe I'll take them up on one next time it happens.

My hiby r6 balanced out with magic 8 ball effects will have to do. It's no doubt much more technically capable than the cipher cable, it's just a matter of tweaking it all correctly.

It is nice to be able to talk about things like an adult. Usually it comes down to a conflict of values. Apple just isn't for me, just as I drive a KIA rather than a honda. I realize in five years it'll be worth a lot less, but I get a lot more features for the time being, and in general I find reliability concerns to be overblown in general, it is probably a bit buggier, but that's a price you pay for quick product cycles and brand new ideas/tech.

I don't consider my headphones/audio equipment/vehicles to be an investment in anything but my own happiness. I have actual investments for investments. I've always thought the mindset of resale on consumer electronic is a weird one, anything I get out of my Google pixel when I trade it in we'll be just a nice, unexpected bonus, I expect nothing from it....

Jun 4, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #5,338 of 7,353
I run from HEK, Beats, to ChiFi at $4, and for me, they all have their uses. Beats good value?. thats up to the individual to decide.
Certainly, those who want beats as a status symbol no doubt would say they are a good value. Just as those who want really good noise cancelling will say Bose are a good value. Both offer below average audio quality at their prices, but that is not everyone's top priority (nor am I saying it should be). Just as those who want the best bang for their buck would say that KZ is great, but has almost zero value as a fashion accessory.

The great thing about $4 chi-fi is that if it's disappointing or breaks, oh well, it was $4, and you get to collect them, which I like to do as well... Is KZ's TOTL model comparable to the isine20? No. But they're still a lot of fun to see what they're coming up with.

I don't mean to come off as a snob of some sort or completely anti-apple (it is just not for me), quite the opposite, if you want to love beats or apple or the New England Patriots, go ahead, just don't say that it's the best just because "everything else sux". Actually take a look at what you really value and decide why you like something.

And unfortunately, that's how I wound up as a Green Bay Packers fan after hating them for most of my life.... :jecklinsmile:

Also, why my fandom for Iowa Hawkeye football fades a little more each year. They just don't play a style of football I find interesting (oregon is my example of what I like).

Jun 4, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #5,339 of 7,353
I'm wanting to get better at listening at safe levels, anyone know what volume setting on the iphone w/ the cypher cable

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #5,340 of 7,353
Is viper4android the same developer that provides the ViperEffects DSP on the Fiio X7 player? It has what they call a convolver dsp ... which I gather supports the convolution filters Kmann provided. I've yet to try it. But it's 'on the list'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back