Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Dec 10, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #4,336 of 7,352
NEW VERSION OF FIRMWARE 6.1.5 FOR CIPHER V2

For those of you who feel Cipher V2 sounds off or very close to the analog cable, we found that there was an issue in the way the firmware was setup on the cloud and it prevented the default tuning from being pushed. Please update to 6.1.5, it should resolve the issue. If firmware update fails or gets stuck the first time, unplug cable, close app, plug cable, open app and try again. /it should go through.

Thanks to @hotteen for his help (and persistence) to bring this to our attention.

@bussola and @tgx78 -- Based on what you reported earlier, in retrospect, your cable may have been affected by the same issue.

Looks like I have an issue with the cipher v2 that came with my black friday isine20. update failed several times. I tried it from multiple ios devices. Now it looks like it can't even tell the firmware version correctly or it defaulted back to 5.0.6 during the failed upgrade or it's bricked. I'll contact support. This cable always seemed a little wonky anyway since it sometimes seemed to fail to be recognized by the phone/app.

Fortunately, my cipher v2 that I bought to upgrade my isine10 updated cleanly on the second try. Sounds much better now. At least I can use the v2 on the isine20 and the v1 on the isine10 in until I get a replacement.

Dec 10, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #4,337 of 7,352

For those of you who feel Cipher V2 sounds off or very close to the analog cable, we found that there was an issue in the way the firmware was setup on the cloud and it prevented the default tuning from being pushed. Please update to 6.1.5, it should resolve the issue. If firmware update fails or gets stuck the first time, unplug cable, close app, plug cable, open app and try again. /it should go through.

Thanks to @hotteen for his help (and persistence) to bring this to our attention.

@bussola and @tgx78 -- Based on what you reported earlier, in retrospect, your cable may have been affected by the same issue.

Thanks ! My BF i20 + Cipher v2 updated on first try :) Sounds great.

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #4,339 of 7,352
Does Audeze ever do other sales similar to the ones from from BF? I missed the i20s and the more I read the more intrigued I am.
Might want to ask on the Deals thread too. Will get the benefit of when various vendors have a sale. I originally purchased my LCD-X on a bundle/sale from Adorama. But I've also somehow managed to buy something the last couple black friday's from Audeze too.

Dec 12, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #4,340 of 7,352

Thank you very much!

But I ain't gonna change anything on my cable now, as I found my perfect tuning, and don't want to mess again with it. Maybe one day when I'll get bored again I'll update for sure. thanks again.

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #4,341 of 7,352
I updated to the new firmware yesterday and it is a noticeable improvement IMO.

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #4,345 of 7,352
10041401.jpg

Checking out the BT of the R6 with some help from Audeze and Plussound

Dec 13, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #4,346 of 7,352
I had the iSINE10,but changed to iSINE20. I also have the M300.The differences between the 10/20,were noticeable, but enough for $200? The M300, are again similar to the 10 in soundstage/depth. If you just want/afford one, get the M300,you won't be disappointed. I don't like to comment too much on sound differences, because my ears are 77 years old!.

I also recommend the M300s as an affordable way to explore the planar IEM design. One problem to be aware of with the M300s though is the flimsy ear clips that break easily. Monoprice needs to address this. In the meantime, there are some clever ideas posted on head-fi by members who have solved their clip issues. I 3-D printed custom ear clips and that solved the problem for me. I love my M300s now. They sound better than they did with the Monoprice flat clips because my custom clips position the monitors just right for my ears. They stay on better and are way more comfortable. Now that I know how to 3-D print ear clips for planar IEMs, I would consider investing in the iSine 20s, but for now, I'm happy with the M300s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back