Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Apr 17, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #4,966 of 6,486
  What's the general consensus btw the EL-8 (closed/open) vs Oppo PM-2/PM-3 ?
Might probably get a biased answer as this is posted on the Audeze thread, but hoping for an objective comparison without any glorified hype.

Thread devoted to this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/759030/audeze-el-8-vs-oppo-pm-3-impressions 

It's completely objective and any hype you might encounter there is completely devoid of glory.

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #4,967 of 6,486

Thread devoted to this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/759030/audeze-el-8-vs-oppo-pm-3-impressions 

It's completely objective and any hype you might encounter there is completely devoid of glory.

Gosh i missed that thread. Thanks a bunch!

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #4,969 of 6,486
Hey Everybody,

PLS accept my utmost apologies for not being here in the Thread for DEEP.
I DID get a bad pair of EL-8s at CanJam - and I shared about it - but NOT HERE.

I got a 2nd pair on MON.

This community means a lot to me,
But I've been dealing with a family crisis of the highest order.

Hope your wife and family are doing better sir. Family is more important, and your friends on head-fi understand . Please take care and hope yea have a great weekend.

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #4,971 of 6,486
I had a bad pair of closed EL-8's, the cable on the left side was loose and the connection was intermittent.
I sent them back and you replaced them within two weeks.
No issues with the new ones.
They sound amazing!
Just wanted to say thanx for standing behind your product.
I think the EL-8's are amazing!

Me too -
Some issues, but sonically - YEAH

still wth my fam - will have DETAILED Impressions of my closed-back EL-8s here
ASAP!!

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #4,972 of 6,486
Hi everyone! Just want to share how I travel with my EL-8s. I'm temporarily using a 13" laptop case. It's drop and water resistant. Work's for me at the moment till I find a more suitable travel case. Any ideas where to find a better one?

The case i bought from amazon fits good. its hardcase as well.  Not pelican hard, but still works good.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/761161/audeze-el-8-closed-version-impressions-thread#post_11512134

Apr 18, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #4,974 of 6,486
....will have DETAILED Impressions of my closed-back EL-8s here ASAP!!

No need.  We have all moved on now.

-ie:  More people have got their own EL-8 cans now, and for better or worse, more widespread opinions are being disseminated.  

And just like any survey, greater accuracy is gained by larger sample numbers.

PS: When you do post next, do you think you can cut down on the use of CAPS a tad...?

Thanks

Apr 18, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #4,975 of 6,486

-ie:  More people have got their own EL-8 cans now, and for better or worse, more widespread opinions are being disseminated.  

PS: When you do post next, do you think you can cut down on the use of CAPS a tad...?

Thanks

that is not nice of u to say, even i u disagree with his latest review for el-8 i still enjoy reading his reviews which are among the best

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #4,976 of 6,486

Thanks

rolleyes.gif

Apr 18, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #4,977 of 6,486
Does your collection include the LCD-X open version? That's alit of Audeze. Do you own or have you listened to the non-fazor versions? IF so, how do they compare?

yes i own the x, and sure is. i did own pre fazor 2s but that was over a year ago so cant really comment, sorry

Apr 18, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #4,978 of 6,486

Thanks

Your fifth post in this forum and this attitude? How dare you speak on my and other behalf? Patronize someone else, please.

I do want to read Mike's review. He has contributed to this forum on so many occasions. Unlike you. Mike's style is unique. He is called Mr. Excitable for a reason. If you don't want to read his posts, there is a block user function. But please, refrain from speaking for others.

Shaking my head,
K

Apr 18, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #4,979 of 6,486
Your fifth post in this forum and this attitude? How dare you speak on my and other behalf? Patronize someone else, please.

I do want to read Mike's review. He has contributed to this forum on so many occasions. Unlike you. Mike's style is unique. He is called Mr. Excitable for a reason. If you don't want to read his posts, there is a block user function. But please, refrain from speaking for others.

Shaking my head,
K

totally agree when i read mike review i saw how much work he put into it, such reviews are rarely to read these days, even if i do not agree with mike on some aspects but by all means i will never be so rude 

and so kindly twain 250 please either contribute in a productive way or keep ur peace

finally mike do not let such negative people affect u and i look forward for ur next review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back