Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Mar 1, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #2,836 of 6,486
Yeah, I think the danger of paranoia is real, too. 

Maybe I should ask for serial # and a face pic! 

Just kidding...

Mar 1, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #2,837 of 6,486
..geez this 250k looting is crazy...a few crates i reckon..a van/truck must be involved?
Some street cameras/satellites/drones would hav picked up some probable suspects...

if the robbers are watching this thread, best to return it to the nearest Audeze dealer in your area. U HEAR??

u can run...BUT U CANT HIDE   !!

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #2,838 of 6,486
The Great Audeze Heist of 2015

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #2,839 of 6,486
Let's hope that Jason from Schiit reads this and is prepared for such an event.

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #2,840 of 6,486
man for the thieves to know that audeze is a high end headphone, makes me believe that the thieves must read some audiophile sites, or they just got lucky that the goods they stole are that expensive, maybe they were thinking those are just headphones like beats I am sure their mouth will drop once they realize how much one headphone will cost, assuming they did not know the price beforehand

Mar 1, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #2,841 of 6,486
Two other stores in San Francisco who also carry high end audio gear were also robbed within the last few days, prior to the Audeze robbery. One was AudioVision San Francisco.. The other places name eludes me at the moment, but I'm starting to wonder if they might all be connected.. I wonder where they think they will be able to offload so much gear? Especially niche gear like Audeze cans that almost nobody outside of the audiophile community would even recognize or know about. Hope Audeze and these other places get their stuff back in the end, along with a little justice served.

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #2,842 of 6,486

my Goddness, I visited audio vision SF  a few day ago after visiting SF jazz center while I was touring in SF area during my lunar new year holiday(I'm  South Korean by the way), they are great people, hoping they got thieves. 

Mar 1, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #2,845 of 6,486
Best excuse yet to buy LCD-3: Must support all American business in dire times! For the sake of the economy!

+1 well said sir. I plan to but a set of Audeze's, to help out the company, during this horrible incident.

Mar 1, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #2,846 of 6,486
Funny thing is, most people assume insurance will take care of it all. First of all, it'll take forever for them to make any payments, and for large payout like this, they'll do everything to avoid payment in case police finds something.

I had an academy business, tutoring and all that, and it was robbed for the computers and other equipment totaling 35K. Insurance in the end after a year and a half paid only $20K and only after police stopped their investigation.

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #2,847 of 6,486
For Audeze this a little more serious than just collecting from the insurance, it is their living. I just recently went through an ordeal with the insurance when the house burnt down in a Colorado forest fire 2 years ago. It took almost 2 years to settle the insurance claim and we got back only a fraction of what we claimed. We had to fight for everything small and large.

PLEASE SUPPORT AUUDEZE NOW !!!

It may be years before Audeze will see anything from the insurance company, so we need to help out Audeze anyway we can; which is to purchase something from them. I love them as a company, even though I do not own a pair of Audeze headphones yet. But it will be soon.

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #2,848 of 6,486
Thats horrible to hear. It's crazy that you can pay your insurance all those years and they'll treat you so nice and then as soon as you make a claim it's like your a deadbeat. Isn't the whole point of insurance for instances like these?

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #2,849 of 6,486
Can we go back to El8 discussion? 
blink.gif

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #2,850 of 6,486
Thats horrible to hear. It's crazy that you can pay your insurance all those years and they'll treat you so nice and then as soon as you make a claim it's like your a deadbeat. Isn't the whole point of insurance for instances like these?

No, honestly that's not the point. Most insurance companies are there to take in monthly premiums and fight over anything they have to pay out. I had a tree hit my house when I had been in my first home for a couple of years. I called the guy who held the home owners insurance policy to get started on the repair. In a candid response, he told me to take care of the repairs myself or else the company would likely cancel my policy. 
blink.gif

I was amazed by this response. I asked him why they would do something like that. He said that I had not paid enough premiums to cover the cost. This is the way the world works for my insurance. They are in business to make a profit. Anyone making a claim is taking money out of their pocket. That's just the way they see it. Not 100% of the time but in a very high percentage of the time this is how it works. 

You know that extra insurance you add to the package on the expensive gear you sold? Try to make a claim on it should it get damaged. You have about a 5% chance of every seeing that money. The extra $10 you paid for the insurance on the package is just more profit for the carrier. I've had three items damaged through usps. Their first response is ALWAYS to deny the claim. IF you appeal, they may actually look into the situation eventually, often taking several months to even a year to give you a response. Most people will already have given up at this point. Like I said, you have maybe a 5% chance of ever seeing any money in this situation. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back