Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Jan 18, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #1,741 of 6,486
Whoa...your neck will be swole as screw if you wear planars around everywhere, you'll look like a pitbull after a year with them XD
Exactly...im always wearing my headphones. 24-7. hell i sometimes walk outside at work still forgetting i have them on, I'm really a fan of portable designs especially flat folding ones...one thing i did not enjoy when i went from my aviators to the crushers was they couldn't fold flat. (swivel the ear cups to make em flat) and also one thing i did not enjoy about the P7's. but yeah just my .02 cents. 

Get hyped! Canjam coming soon!

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #1,742 of 6,486
xD really that would be bad....maybe ill hold off the neck wearing thing until i give em a weight test XD. (can't have my neck get swollen, it'll damage my overall good looks, and the ladies won't like that one bit 
wink.gif
) also page 117.....guys we need to slow down.....nah..nvm lets shoot for 200!

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #1,748 of 6,486
  Let's get back on topic, guys.

It's probably a good idea to lock the thread for the time being, because nobody literally has anything left to get back on topic with. All the impressions are out and it's all contradictory to each other, and the rest of us just speculate and diverge on a branch of that speculation, such as weight, portability, sound signature, etc.

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #1,749 of 6,486
I seriously do not want to strain my neck
eek.gif

So planar magnetics are heavier headphones than other types?

Does anyone know the weight of the el8 closed bk compared to the hd800 for weight comparisons?

In general, planar magnetic headphones are usually heavier than moving coil dynamic headphones. (Not always, but in general.)

Audeze lists the weight of the EL-8 Closed-Back at 480 grams. Sennheiser lists the weight of the HD 800 at 330 grams. I'll weigh the open one (I don't have the closed EL-8 here) and the HD 800 later, and let you know what numbers I get.

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #1,750 of 6,486

It's probably a good idea to lock the thread for the time being, because nobody literally has anything left to get back on topic with. All the impressions are out and it's all contradictory to each other, and the rest of us just speculate and diverge on a branch of that speculation, such as weight, portability, sound signature, etc.

Speculating on weight, portability, sound signature, etc., wasn't specifically what I was referring to, and discussion on that is to be expected. It was a concern that the thread was perhaps...going to the dogs. 
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #1,751 of 6,486

In general, planar magnetic headphones are usually heavier than moving coil dynamic headphones. (Not always, but in general.)

Audeze lists the weight of the EL-8 Closed-Back at 480 grams. Sennheiser lists the weight of the HD 800 at 330 grams. I'll weigh the open one (I don't have the closed EL-8 here) and the HD 800 later, and let you know what numbers I get.

Can you do it by including like 50cm or 1 meter of the cable in the weighing process (not the whole cable)? :)

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #1,752 of 6,486
Can you do it by including like 50cm or 1 meter of the cable in the weighing process (not the whole cable)? :)

If I can find my stock HD 800 cable, I'll try that. Otherwise, I'll just weigh them sans cables.

Jan 19, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #1,753 of 6,486

If I can find my stock HD 800 cable, I'll try that. Otherwise, I'll just weigh them sans cables.

would you be able to post measurements of the earpads (height, width, depth) as well (maybe with pixs)??? :) thanks!

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #1,754 of 6,486
Is there an upcoming event (next several weeks) where the EL-8 might get another opportunity to show itself in a more finished form before the official release? Or is this it until the production model starts shipping?

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #1,755 of 6,486
I totally disagree! I think people should trust their own ears. If someone wants to listen out of their iPhone, and has tried abunch of stuff and decides they like the sound of EL8s out of their iPhone the best, why shouldn't they go on listening to what makes them happy?
Is there anything in this hobby (if you've gone as far to post about things on a forum) that isn't "individually subjective" ????

If there is any "trick" to learning things through these forums , it's not taking your own opinions as the "last word" in whatever your speaking of.

(Sorry, for the "Grandpop" moment ; wait you'll start having these moments after you pass 60 !) (Heh,heh heh)

Huh ???  Isn't that exactly what I just said ??? ( I honestly wasn't referring to a previous posting , & "I" was being "idividually subjective" in "that" posting... & I realize that my opinion is "only" "my opinion...... So once again,     Huh ? or as Jimmy Durante would say "That's what I said !!!"

(For the sake of the thread, I will defer to what you interpreted, as your right to look at it "subjectively")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back