Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Dec 28, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #6,286 of 6,486
This pair of cans does interest me....Have the senn hd650 but I miss a bit of the bass slam...Then there are the focal elear but they're much more $$_

different type of bass between EL8 and HD-650, EL8 is better sub-bass and less mid bass than HD-650 while HD-650 is more mid bass and almost no sub-bass, comes down to the music and your preferences.

Dec 29, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #6,288 of 6,486
Thanks... Isn't there a set of cans that can do it all, without breaking the bank.

The wish of many
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #6,289 of 6,486
Jan 6, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #6,291 of 6,486
  Anyone here using EL8 with Audeze Deckard? How is the performance? Should i get it? or should i go for schiit Jotunheim? or any other suggestions would have been great :)

THanks

There are a few in the LCD-2 thread that had the Deckard with the EL8 before moving to the LCD-2, might want to ask there since that thread is a little more active these days

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #6,293 of 6,486
I own the 2nd gen and one side just fall off yesterday.
Not hard to fix it (just a loose screw) but that's kinda unexpected.

Looks like the design is a little weak on supporting the relatively heavy weight of the build material and every twist adds to the pressure that the screw receive

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #6,294 of 6,486
I own the 2nd gen and one side just fall off yesterday.
Not hard to fix it (just a loose screw) but that's kinda unexpected.

Looks like the design is a little weak on supporting the relatively heavy weight of the build material and every twist adds to the pressure that the screw receive

got a picture of the problem screw?  just want to check mine to make sure its secure

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #6,296 of 6,486
Commenting again, Thinking to get a desktop dac amp solution, 500 -600 will be the range. I know el8 is an efficient can but a little current always helps. Open for suggestions, single ended or balanced no problem.

Initially audio gd nfb 11
Schiit jotunheim
Or schiit lyr 2+ any dac
Or anything else? Please enlighten me :)

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #6,297 of 6,486
Commenting again, Thinking to get a desktop dac amp solution, 500 -600 will be the range. I know el8 is an efficient can but a little current always helps. Open for suggestions, single ended or balanced no problem.

Initially audio gd nfb 11
Schiit jotunheim
Or schiit lyrics 2+ any dac
Or anything else? Please enlighten me
smily_headphones1.gif

Mojo, Project Ember or Polaris + Modi MB, Teac UD-301 DAC/amp, and m9xx. 

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #6,299 of 6,486
Quote:
Thanks man. Please consider that I might buy the lcd3 at the mid of the year.

I have a LCD-2f but after hearing 3 different LCD-3/f I came to the conclusion that these LCD series headphones are just a bit too heavy for me.  About the only time I can listen for more that 30 minutes is lying down with a pillow to help support the weight of the LCD series.  The weight is one reason I started to look into alternatives and found them in Ypsilon and Nhoord drivers in wood (rosewood, mahogany, ironwood or cocobolo) cups (think of a Grado RS/GS series clone depending on the style of cup used), very light, using G pads they are comfortable and breath well since its humid here in Hawaii, and are very easy to drive, even my under powered Galaxy S5 will drive them quite well.

FWIW one friend who has the LCD-3f and Ether C liked the Ypsilon better, more dynamics, better over all FR, and much more musical with a wider range of genres.

Here is the last one that I've built:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back