Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Jan 26, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #1,876 of 6,486
Interview with Audeze CEO Alexander Rosson about EL-8, planar magnetic tech and HiFi streaming

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&u=http://www.nordichardware.se/CES2015/videointervju-med-hoerlurspionjaeren-alexander-rosson-om-planar-magnetiska-el-8.html&prev=search

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #1,877 of 6,486
  The Canadian customers should pre-order the EL-8 as soon as possible...

Canadian dollar expected to slip to fresh low of 75 cents.

Quote:

With the exchange rates of today, the total price for the LE-8 with the shipping to Canada plus the Customs would be $1023 CAD.

I would inquire from the Canadian dealers as to what the price will be here, and then act accordingly....i.e. put you wallet back in your pocket and keep your eye on CAM.

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #1,878 of 6,486
  Quote:

I would inquire from the Canadian dealers as to what the price will be here, and then act accordingly....i.e. put you wallet back in your pocket and keep your eye on CAM.

Headphonebar will probably have a better deal.  (It's $1149 + taxes for a pair of LCD-2 Bamboo.)

I'm always watching the ads on CAM but it's going to take a while until we see someone selling his pair of EL-8.  
wink.gif

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #1,879 of 6,486
lol

With the exchange rates of today, the total price for the LE-8 with the shipping to Canada plus the Customs would be $1023 CAD.

Which is why you wait like a good boy and buy from an authorized Canadian Audeze dealer. Despite the dollar change, the higher end Audeze products are only $80-$100 more expensive than the American price in Canada right now. No customs or duties either. Just tax.

Jan 26, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #1,880 of 6,486
Which is why you wait like a good boy and buy from an authorized Canadian Audeze dealer. Despite the dollar change, the higher end Audeze products are only $80-$100 more expensive than the American price in Canada right now. No customs or duties either. Just tax.

Most of the custom fees is tax, there are ways to avoid all of the duties + tax too if the dealer/seller is cool and depending on how good a deal is, I still would buy from the US right now. Because I can't remember the last time headphonebar had a decent rebate/promotion on any big hit in the audiophile world, there''s a big rebate every once in a while somewhere outside Canada all the time. 

But I get what you're saying though, just hope the C$ gets out of this pit quick...

Jan 26, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #1,881 of 6,486

I'm always watching the ads on CAM but it's going to take a while until we see someone selling his pair of EL-8.  
wink.gif

Not if it's a Head-Fi'er....

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #1,883 of 6,486
1) What will the UK price of these be?

2)  Is the wood on them real wood or is it some sort of veneer / vinyl?

There are 2 I have seen, one has a nice dark wood color which looks nice, and the other has a much lighter wood which does not look good IMO, I hope they use the darker wood / veneer whatever it is.

Dark                                                                                           Light

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #1,885 of 6,486
  It's veneer. And yes the lighter color is ugly. 

Guys, please write to Audeze and tell them, so there's a chance we get a much darker wood or even black option. Just writing it here probably won't make a difference :)

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #1,887 of 6,486
  ^^ Doing so now. 

Just as long as we don't cause a "recall debacle" like "earpad gate" w/ Hifiman.

I can deal w/ not the geatest looking as opposed to "what's the holdup getting the headphones out"

Sometimes people lose interest waiting for "Schiit" because they decided to concentrate on making everyone happy or "They simply decided to go after the lower side of the "market" first and asked who wanted to go on a waiting list when their "upscale" products became available... price only holds my attention for so long

I'm obviously not talking about Audeze here as they've obviously came out with products that showed their "Engineering Chops" first , so we have an idea of whether waiting is going to be "worthwhile'. I would hate to see them adopt this nonsense "marketing" model some other companies have adopted. (One of the partners of this other company was pretty consistent in releasing "cutting edge" equipment when he was at his previous company ; sadly, I have no interest in his new company)

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #1,888 of 6,486
  ^^ Doing so now. 

Can you also tell them that 1.2m is way too short for the headphone cable.  I will be really pissed if we have to pay an extra $80 for a longer cable!

I don't think that a lot peoples will want to use the EL-8 on the go when they will realize that the weight is 460g...

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #1,889 of 6,486
Can you also tell them that 1.2m is way too short for the headphone cable.  I will be really pissed if we have to pay an extra $80 for a longer cable!

I don't think that a lot peoples will want to use the EL-8 on the go when they will realize that the weight is 460g...

hahah thats true. heavier than the old he400s!!!

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #1,890 of 6,486

I can pass that along. I totally agree and will gladly tell them I'm NOT ALONE there!!

I'm supposed to have a production pair ANYDAY! They were shipped Fri - so I imagine they'll arrive tomorrow since we're both in Cali,
I'm just up-North now. If I was still in LA I'd have em...

Regarding the weight:
I was really surprised when I saw the number on the specs! As I had access to a prototype and the weight never bothered me, nor did the units
at CES. Perhaps the weight distribution has something to do with it...

I don't know - my cousin Kenny laughed and always said that the weight of the LCDs never bothered me because I still have the neck of a free-safety,
though I haven't worked-out in ages, aside of my weekly MMA session - BEST stress reliever EVER. HIGHLY recommended!

As soon as I got em fellaz!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back