Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Jan 27, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #1,892 of 6,486
It's veneer. And yes the lighter color is ugly. 

totally disagree

Guys, please write to Audeze and tell them, so there's a chance we get a much darker wood or even black option. Just writing it here probably won't make a difference :)

hopefully audeze keeps faith with bmwdesignworks by ignoring these requests

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #1,893 of 6,486
Weight distribution is important, especially with regard to short term comfort as it will eliminate "hot spots" on the headband and give an initial more comfortable feel. But regardless the weight will rear it's ugly head over time. It's still 460 grams which for me is quite heavy. This would not be a can that I could wear for hours like the hd6x0. 

Sometimes short auditions can make it seem like something is comfortable when worn for a short listen but could you wear them for two hours plus and have that same comfort level? The answer will be different for each person. 

Mike...can't wait to see what you've got to say once that package gets there!! Please do not let the package ninja get the best of you. He's a tricky and sly devil. 

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #1,894 of 6,486
Can anyone comment about the attributes of this type of headphone in both the open and closed style? I usually favor open, but I am wondering if I'd be missing anything by going open? I've recently got a Hifiman 400i, and I am enjoying their open sound. Would a closed Audeze be worth giving a go just for some variety? 

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #1,896 of 6,486
  I can pass that along. I totally agree and will gladly tell them I'm NOT ALONE there!!

I'm supposed to have a production pair ANYDAY! They were shipped Fri - so I imagine they'll arrive tomorrow since we're both in Cali,
I'm just up-North now. If I was still in LA I'd have em...

Thanks Mike 
wink.gif

Can't wait to hear your feedback about the production pair!

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #1,897 of 6,486
Getting pretty excited to see these headpohnes released. Will try to test them in person at a dealer....

I do prefer the darker veneer to the lighter one and I did tweet that to Audeze xD. BUT, I think a straight black version would be boring and I enjoy the wood accent (maybe anodized silver would have been nice too)

I just hope they sound good for the price!

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #1,899 of 6,486
Jan 27, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #1,903 of 6,486

Users who are viewing this thread

Back