Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2015 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 125

Tristan944

100+ Head-Fier
Audeze has released images and samples of the upcoming EL-8 headphones. With testers already auditioning these new headphones, lets hear what your impressions are. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 125
  A dedicated impressions thread is not the same as a product thread.  This gets done with most popular products to separate the hundreds of pages of inane speculation from actual listener thoughts.

I understand - it just seems a bit early since virtually no one will hear these outside of CES for a while and the other thread is already hard enough to follow.

As seen with the Oppo PM and HFM 560 threads, it's hard to keep the discussion segmented.  Who knows - maybe it will work here.

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #5 of 125
First genuine review here:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0315/Audeze_EL_8__Headphone_Review.htm

However it looks like this thread has become the de facto EL-8 thread (it is where the author of the article I link (Mike Mercer) made his announcement!):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/749214/audeze-el-8-the-el-8-is-a-must-hear-at-ces-2015/2490

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #6 of 125
quite the novel....

biggrin.gif

HS

Mar 26, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #7 of 125
Got a pair of EL-8 open today. Right side cup is dead. Waiting to hear from Audeze. First impression...not good.

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #8 of 125
Wow, I don't blame you. Not a good start!!!

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #9 of 125
My demo pair of open backs are finally breaking in, it took longer than I thought it would, I've had mine for for a week and a day, I've run them with an XLO system burn in track on repeat for a few days and also played a playlist on repeat for a few days and that wasn't enough. I am enjoying them with a little Sony NWZ-A17 right now, listening to various hi-res albums and they sound very good and involving, I have no complaints. I also started this week with a sore throat and an ear infection and am feeling better now, maybe that has something to do with my perceived improvement in the sound quality. Albums listened to on the Sony have been Billy Joel's The Stranger, Mark Knopfler's Sailing to Philadelphia and The Punch Brothers The Phospherescent Blues. All have sounded outstanding.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #13 of 125
  And now they want me to pay to ship it back
confused_face.gif

that sounds unfair if the product was defective upon arrival. hopefully, if you contact CS again, someone will be able to help you out. i know there was another person on this thread with an pair that had issues & they offered to cover shipping (i believe).

Apr 2, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #15 of 125
I'm returning my open pair, not because they were defective, but because hey are really bright in the upper mids, low treble. Spent three days running them hard, they got brighter. You could find synergy running syrupy tubes or other dark amps........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back