Audeze CRBN Interview, Review, Measurements
Feb 19, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #1,712 of 1,894
Feb 19, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #1,713 of 1,894
Feb 19, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #1,714 of 1,894
Feb 19, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #1,715 of 1,894
I’ll give them a look.
I watched the video and DCA is doing driver, channel, pad matching, and using the best possible headband design with same acoustic control tech that is in the Expanse and Stealth. Looks like it might be the best estat ever released even beating the Shang Sr and HE1 if they tune correctly this time (looking at you Voce).

Edit: DCA Corina needs to be tested with EQ it seems DCA got them sounding smoother and more natural than the Voce so it could be a top spot contender along with some other estats (I only look at post EQ performance personally if I'm using estats since stock tuning on most is wonky).

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #1,717 of 1,894
Check judes Canjam announcement on the frontpage.
At the end of the DCA section
Would be interesting to compare this to CRBN although from Jude’s video it seems that it’s still in the prototype stage.

Feb 20, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #1,718 of 1,894
Would be interesting to compare this to CRBN although from Jude’s video it seems that it’s still in the prototype stage.
Agree certainly want someone to compare it to CRBN. I'm positive that this can be done at Canjam this week.

Jude had a prototype version, but Dan confirmed it will be at Canjam. Possibly only as prototype but maybe as release version.

Guess we will more by the time Canjam hits

Feb 20, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #1,719 of 1,894
Agree certainly want someone to compare it to CRBN. I'm positive that this can be done at Canjam this week.

Jude had a prototype version, but Dan confirmed it will be at Canjam. Possibly only as prototype but maybe as release version.

Guess we will more by the time Canjam hits
Look forward to reports from CanJam!

Feb 20, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #1,720 of 1,894
I disliked the letter so much, I’ve decided to give up and move on - way too many other options to deal with $4,000 being tied up in something that doesn’t bring me joy.
I've sent you a pm about this issue, and would absolutely love to take care of your issues. Please repond back, or send us an email at support@audeze.com labelling it: CRBN user with issues, from headfi. We'll get you sorted.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #1,721 of 1,894
My review of the CRBN (and LCD-5) at Darko.Audio if anyone is interested.

I've avoided this thread until now, just starting to skim it but have a lot more to do before I feel current. So far I see some users had issues but that seems mostly (but not completely) to have been taken care of by now. Is that a fair summary?

Feb 20, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #1,722 of 1,894
I've sent you a pm about this issue, and would absolutely love to take care of your issues. Please repond back, or send us an email at support@audeze.com labelling it: CRBN user with issues, from headfi. We'll get you sorted.
I've sent you a PM with my thoughts.

Feb 20, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #1,723 of 1,894
I've sent you a PM with my thoughts.
It really is a shame that so many of these units once highly touted as a revolutionary new type of estat continue to be so problematic. At $4500 it's so disappointing. I have already had mine repaired and returned at it is still prone to issues that none of my other estats have. I don't have the energy or the motivation to go through another return process, so, like other owners, mine sits unused. I am just worn down. After all, isn't this supposed to fun? I am so sorry to hear that folks continue to have issues with these. Such a disappointment. Has the company made a definitive statement as to why so many of these seem to be faulty? Was it a manufacturing defect? It would be helpful to know what the root issue is and what has been done to correct the problem.

Feb 20, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #1,724 of 1,894
It really is a shame that so many of these units once highly touted as a revolutionary new type of estat continue to be so problematic. At $4500 it's so disappointing. I have already had mine repaired and returned at it is still prone to issues that none of my other estats have. I don't have the energy or the motivation to go through another return process, so, like other owners, mine sits unused. I am just worn down. After all, isn't this supposed to fun? I am so sorry to hear that folks continue to have issues with these. Such a disappointment. Has the company made a definitive statement as to why so many of these seem to be faulty? Was it a manufacturing defect? It would be helpful to know what the root issue is and what has been done to correct the problem.
I will allow @Mad Lust Envy the opportunity to respond on behalf of Audeze regarding this.

I can tell you that the email I received basically says "Note, that sounds when you move your head is normal to eletcrostatic headphones like the CRBN, and there is no 'fix' as it is due to the electrostatic nature". I agree with you - $4,500 headphones shouldn't have the kind of performance issues I had. Perhaps I had bad luck, perhaps they just don't have it right. I would have been fine if my email was met with a satisfactory reply. But when I get to the point that a company feels like their customer criticisms are simply complaints to be brushed away with a form letter, that's when I take my support elsewhere.

Not to intentionally drag ZMF into this discussion, but @zach915m has perhaps the most engagement and care for his customers I've seen in nearly 40 years in customer service. I've (half) jokingly teased that if he ever made an electrostatic headphone he'd sell a million of them! If a modern company wants to see the model of how customer service should be handled in the 21st century, look no further than Zach and ZMF.

Feb 20, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #1,725 of 1,894
I will allow @Mad Lust Envy the opportunity to respond on behalf of Audeze regarding this.

I can tell you that the email I received basically says "Note, that sounds when you move your head is normal to eletcrostatic headphones like the CRBN, and there is no 'fix' as it is due to the electrostatic nature". I agree with you - $4,500 headphones shouldn't have the kind of performance issues I had. Perhaps I had bad luck, perhaps they just don't have it right. I would have been fine if my email was met with a satisfactory reply. But when I get to the point that a company feels like their customer criticisms are simply complaints to be brushed away with a form letter, that's when I take my support elsewhere.

Not to intentionally drag ZMF into this discussion, but @zach915m has perhaps the most engagement and care for his customers I've seen in nearly 40 years in customer service. I've (half) jokingly teased that if he ever made an electrostatic headphone he'd sell a million of them! If a modern company wants to see the model of how customer service should be handled in the 21st century, look no further than Zach and ZMF.
It is normal which is why their reply is so cut-and-dried. The issue with CRBN is it's exacerbated and in some cases unacceptable as in inoperable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back