Audeze CRBN Interview, Review, Measurements
May 25, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #1,351 of 1,903
I saw your video and mine doesn't have the issue anywhere near significantly. It's easily livable in my situation. But that's part of the thing that's alarming to me.. this level of variance alone should really be unacceptable imo
It’s the exact reason you can’t recommend them to anyone at the moment.

It’s not acceptable. They need to get it under control. It’s too expensive.

May 25, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #1,352 of 1,903
My CRBN was fine when I got it back in Dec/Jan, but it has me concerned because it has become a larger issue than it was when it was new. It is still not nearly as bad as shown in the video, but the trend is very concerning.

Edit Dec 27th: Audeze replaced my CRBN and the issues are resolved.

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #1,353 of 1,903
My pair had barely any issue when I first got it. Now 3 or 4 months later it does seem to happen more. But only if I am eating or drinking something while listening. Probably my jaw breaking the seal. My Dan Clark Voce has a similiar issue with seal and sticking/farting. But my Shangra la JR doesn't. But mine are still not a real issue, just something I know happens. But I can see how some are put off by it. Especially the really bad examples of it.

May 25, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #1,354 of 1,903
Chips eating is not possible with every E Stat I have without farts. :relaxed:
That's not a only CRBN problem.

Let someone show me an E Stat that can do this better.
EVERGREY-A-Heartless-Portrait-The-Orphean-Testament-artwork.jpg

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #1,355 of 1,903
Chips eating is not possible with every E Stat I have without farts. :relaxed:
That's not a only CRBN problem.

Let someone show me an E Stat that can do this better.
EVERGREY-A-Heartless-Portrait-The-Orphean-Testament-artwork.jpg

You and I definitely are in sync on taste for both music and gear. The CRBN + Mjolnir Carbon CC is "chef's kiss" for this type of sound!

BTW we will have an official update out soon about the CRBN issues and support. We take these matters very seriously and want to make sure everyone has a great experience with this flagship product.

May 28, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #1,356 of 1,903
My SR-009S does not sound anything like you have described. With my A-10, I have not heard a better pairing of any headphone. I think the amplifier's design plays a large part of getting the performance out of the headphone. While the A-10 was previously tuned for the SR-009S, that has now been removed with it's latest update and the voltage supplies adjusted.
Great Headphone.

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #1,357 of 1,903
You and I definitely are in sync on taste for both music and gear. The CRBN + Mjolnir Carbon CC is "chef's kiss" for this type of sound!

BTW we will have an official update out soon about the CRBN issues and support. We take these matters very seriously and want to make sure everyone has a great experience with this flagship product.
Love the CRBN, but the farts is an issue. I'm seeing the CRBN selling on the aftermarket at the fraction of the cost new.

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #1,358 of 1,903
I purchased the CRBN because it does not sound like a Stax E-stat. That is the point. I like to eat chips, not listen to them.

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #1,360 of 1,903
I purchased the CRBN because it does not sound like a Stax E-stat. That is the point. I like to eat chips, not listen to them.
I have to say that there was so much hype around the carbon nanotube technology when these were released. The quoting of certain music engineers saying that they had never heard anything better was over the top and really raised expectations. Even though my set has been "repaired", I don't listen to them anymore. Once I got my x9000s, there just nothing that the CRBNs could do better other than perhaps more bass, and that is not everything for me. The x9000s have a transparency that is unmatched. I can't articulate it well, but the timber of the instruments, especially string instruments listening to the CRBNs is not quite true, this is especially the case when compared to the x9000s. Unfortunately, I don't enjoy them. At least I now know the quality sound I prefer. The lesson learned here is I have to resist the hype when the next best, greatest ever headphones are released.

May 28, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #1,361 of 1,903
If you really love the crbn you can buy another for half price on the classifieds.
Can you link them, I can't find any CRBN even remotely at half price

May 28, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #1,362 of 1,903
Can you link them, I can't find any CRBN even remotely at half price
It was just a response to the ridiculous potato chip post

But I see a bunch for sale. Half off is 2225. They’re not that low. I thought they were cheaper.

I’m just not understanding the potato chip comment in general

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #1,363 of 1,903
The same thing happens with every new headphone. Rush to buy and then sell. For me the CRBN fits the tuning I enjoy. I have tried the SR009 and 009s and while I appreciate their technical ability the tuning is not for me. I didn’t enjoy them at all. I am curious about the x9000. However not for the price they are asking. At least not now. At this level it really comes down to preferred tuning. I try to resist saying one headphone is “Better “ than another. Comparisons about aspects of the sound are move valuable.

May 28, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #1,364 of 1,903
I don't doubt that others are having "fart" issues with their CRBN ...

I'm 7 months and change in with my set, which I'm pretty sure are the 2nd "true retail set" in the US ... and I only get the "electrostatic farts" if I'm careless putting on, or taking off, the CRBN ... or deliberately try to induce it. They're no worse, for me, than my SR-007 MK2, SR-009S or SR-X9000. I can make them "fart", but I can do that with any electrostatic headphone.

But ... in any "normal" listening scenario, including drinking, and the odd snack, I get no "farts"; including when taking the (powered) headphones on or off.

I'm not a "headbanger", so that may change things for some.

I'm in Florida, so humidity is pretty high here (though it's about 43% in my house). And I seem to have a head size/shape, that corresponds well with whatever various headphone manufacturers use as a "standard". These may be salient factors.

Essentially, I don't find my set of the CRBN any more, nor less, sensitive to "electrostatic farts" than any other electrostatic headphone.

Just my $0.02 ...

May 29, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #1,365 of 1,903
It was just a response to the ridiculous potato chip post

But I see a bunch for sale. Half off is 2225. They’re not that low. I thought they were cheaper.

I’m just not understanding the potato chip comment in general
Potato chip reference is just my opinion. I lived in Japan for many years. I wanted to like Stax, really did, but could not. I convinced myself to purchase a BHSE to purchase a Stax 009 to later find out I just did not care for the Stax sound. Now, I sit with a brand new pair of 009. When CRBN came out I found my sound. Now, I’m having second thoughts because of the farting and finding that nano technology may not be so healthy. I don’t want the perfect estat, but just a reliable.

I see you are missing a good classic 009 in your collection. Sell you mine for a screaming good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back