Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
May 9, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #332 of 820
May 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #336 of 820
Quote:
With no need for closed headphones will the LCD2 still have better SQ overall than the closed Audezes? I'm at a crossroads here

I suppose that many have tried to best the top end closed headphones and many have failed!

I don't know what these sound like, but I would assume that Audeze will continue to produce products with their house sound. If that is the case, these will more than likely compete with the best of closed headphones, but the isolation may fall short. It is hard to assume anything now though since their has been information that Audeze is going back to the drawing board with new drivers and a new design. 

May 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #337 of 820
Anxious to hear these headphones, I am very curious to see how they will price it too. The LCD3 is a lot better than the LCD2 imo; but the LCD2 with LCD3 pads is also much better than stock. Of course the wood too.... I hope I'm not going to be paying 100$ for the extra wood cups :p

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 24, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #338 of 820
For those that have tried the prototypes, are these much heavier than the LCD2/3?

May 24, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #339 of 820
Quote:
A closed-back Audeze? Yes!

And, yes, it's a planar magnetic design.

Earlier tonight, I got a chance to listen to one of Audeze's closed back prototypes. Actually, these prototypes are more of a “proof of concept” at this point. As these are still in the "proof of concept" stage, only a few exist. If they do become a reality, look for a release mid next year (2013).

This headphone is a fully closed design. How does it sound? Exquisite. Surprisingly open, airy. In my initial listening session, it did not sound closed-in, the soundstage impressive.

And later today, anyone at RMAF can hear it for himself. Seriously, go hear it. Seriously.

Without a doubt, this one moves into one of the top spots on my wish list.

I would buy that in  a heartbeat!!!

May 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #342 of 820
Any new rumors on availability?

May 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #343 of 820
Quote:
Any new rumors on availability?

They're still proof-of-concept phase. Availability is a conversation that's VERY far away, since we don't even have anything yet that would pass as a true prototype.

Jun 16, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #345 of 820
Quote:

I don't know what these sound like, but I would assume that Audeze will continue to produce products with their house sound. If that is the case, these will more than likely compete with the best of closed headphones, but the isolation may fall short. It is hard to assume anything now though since their has been information that Audeze is going back to the drawing board with new drivers and a new design. 

So it will take about another year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back