Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Oct 18, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #181 of 820
The top vent is fake. The bottom...

with a flashlight from behind (click image to zoom)

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #183 of 820
Quote:
It is possible that his pair has closed vents. Might be a QC slip-up, might be a revision.

takato14 might want to contact Fostex about this, but otherwise...who knows?
Might we get back to these wonderful new prototypes that Audeze has presented us?

I think that keeping the backwave in check is going to be tough for Audeze, but I'm rooting for them!
(maybe a new mono-pole planar driver is in order...)

Manufacturers have been dealing with back waves on planar drivers since the 50s. Really, this isn't that difficult a problem. Obviously it won't be the same as with an open design, but the principles used to minimize impact have been known for a LONG time.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #184 of 820
The new closed Audeze are ready to be shipped!!

mmm.. they look delish!
tongue_smile.gif

Don't know why but they remind me of pies...

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #185 of 820
Those are some tasty looking pies
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #187 of 820
Manufacturers have been dealing with back waves on planar drivers since the 50s. Really, this isn't that difficult a problem. Obviously it won't be the same as with an open design, but the principles used to minimize impact have been known for a LONG time.

Stax tried it with the 4070 and while it was a very good closed headphone, it wasn't as good as their open ones and they dropped it from continuous production. Stax did develop an original "bass-reflex like" ventilation air structure for this model but the 4070 failed to gain popularity in the marketplace and is now built to order.

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #190 of 820
Quote:

That sure looks better than the LCD-2/3's "storm drain grille".

A man forges, a woman bakes. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

(no relevance to the Audezes ofc, the metal grills are probably outsourced while the wood cover is...well wood, so carpentry, which is not baking)

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #192 of 820
I have to admit I still don't understand the need some people have that their indoor-only headphones need to look beautiful.
smile.gif

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #194 of 820
Quote:
I have to admit I still don't understand the need some people have that their indoor-only headphones need to look beautiful.
smile.gif

I paid $1000 for them, they damn well better look sexy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back