Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Oct 14, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #121 of 820
Quote:
The Fostex TH900 has wood in it? Are you sure?

The cups are made of cherry birch and have an Urushi lacquer on them.

Oct 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #122 of 820
Quote:

Really wished they have used one piece of wood instead of a 'cup attached' method... Me thinks modding however XD 

To each their own, although I think they look  gorgeous the way they are. That cup attached on the end makes the headphone look very different and striking as well.
I hope they don't change a thing. The wood colour and texture is also appealing to me.

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #123 of 820
Am I the only one here who actually <loves> the modular look of these? Those are just simply gorgeous.

EDIT: 
Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To each their own, although I think they look  gorgeous the way they are. That cup attached on the end makes the headphone look very different and striking as well.
I hope they don't change a thing. The wood colour and texture is also appealing to me.

Guess not, lol.

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #127 of 820
Quote:
Hmmm i wonder wHat are Audeze thinking:

Closed heaphone
New super drivers?
LCD 3+ performance?
The new challenger for the MDR-R10 crown?

Who knows?

smily_headphones1.gif

Technically the LCD-2/3 cant compete in there, nor can this, since the MDR-R10 is the king of dynamic headphones, not all headphones in general. The Fostex TH900 might be a challenger to the R10.

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #131 of 820
Takito14 good point, technically they are different designs - just to clarify I mean sonic ability/performancy may be similar/better or worse than MDR-R10 we will have too see.

Regarding the Fostex TH900 - from what the owners in the head-fi thread appear to be saying the general consensus is the Fostex is not quite up to the R-10 in terms of it's ability although it appears to be generally highly regarded.

Oct 15, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #133 of 820
Soundstage impressive. Must be better then the LCD-2 then in that regard or I disagree already :D.

How well do they isolate? I don´t understand previews of closed headphones where there is no mention of this.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #134 of 820
The new CLAS -db>ALO RxIII>CLOSED LCDs should make for a great portable rig.
WOW!!!  

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #135 of 820
Quote:
The new CLAS -db>ALO RxIII>CLOSED LCDs should make for a great portable rig.
WOW!!!  

The headphones are awfully heavy, and they don't clap very much. They'd fall off very very easily. Unless audeze uses a different headphone frame, these aren't a gonna be a good portable unit. 

Personally, I can deal with them sliding around every now and then, but even using my M50s while doing something active like jogging left them falling off my head. Using these while doing anything more than walking would not be a good idea. /*$1000 headphone falls to floor with a deafening crash*/

Not to mention wood and sunlight don't mix. It would fade the finish of the wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back