Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Sep 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #452 of 820
  Hope I'm not saying anything out of bounds here, but the closed Audeze will be on display at the upcoming CanJam@RMAF in Denver CO on 10/11-13.

Have they changed the shape at all? Or are they essentially an LCD2 frame with a cup and damping behind them?

Sep 19, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #453 of 820
I just want to chime in about the alpha dog and say that it looks a lot better now. I own a t50rp and I will fully admit it is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen but the alpha dog with the new cups and the paint job on it looks pretty good.  I think you all will be pleasantly surprised once you see one.  Also I have to say that I like the sound...a lot. 

Sep 19, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #454 of 820
Yet you also said you were underwhelmed by the Alpha Dogs too.  Could it just be that you don't like warm-dark headphones?

Just because I was underwhelmed doesn't mean that I think it wasn't good, because it was. My preferences and how good I think a headphone is are two different things, and all things considered the Alpha Dog was pretty dang good.

Have they changed the shape at all? Or are they essentially an LCD2 frame with a cup and damping behind them?

This post has a pic of them, don't know if it's been changed at all since then: http://www.head-fi.org/t/676457/2013-bay-area-headphone-meet-headmasters-cas4-impressions-thread-8-9-8-11/270#post_9746887

Sep 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #456 of 820

Would've gone for the Alpha Dogs if I wasn't absolutely sickened by how the T50rp looks.

Looking forward to somehow trying both though... Definitely want to see how the AD signature stacks up against Audeze house sound.

the alpha dog does not have the same housing as the stock t50rp though... though still have other parts that are the same, headband adjustment rod and such... 

2bcb2df3_risers.jpeg

c1b8f1c7_cup.jpeg

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #458 of 820
  Did he start painting the copper colored pipes as well!  That's good news for the alpha dog, the copper didn't go well with the dark red previously.

From what's being said over on the AD thread, it seems like he may have these new ones custom-fabricated because the originals were hard to get color on without paint stripping off. It's an anodized finish.

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #459 of 820
I wonder if Audeze will delay on these and look at 3d printing options for inner cup damping schemes.  I guess I wouldn't mind if they shove a bunch of rockwool in their cups either.  Just as long as they don't kill too much high frequency.

Sep 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #460 of 820
I personally still think that these will come out at RMAF.  The prototype at the last headfi meet looked pretty complete.  

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #461 of 820
The headphones will certainly debut at RMAF, I heard it directly from Alex of Audeze at the CA Audio Show last month. I highly doubt that Audeze will delay them for any reason - no vendor would want to miss such a big opportunity to show off a new product at RMAF either, especially Audeze. They did, after all, debut the LCD-1 at CanJam 2009 (the independent CanJam that year, not RMAF), the LCD-2 at CanJam 2010 (also the independent CanJam, not RMAF), and the LCD-3 at RMAF 2011. So they won't miss debuting another new set of headphones at this year's RMAF.
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #463 of 820
I'm definitely interested!!! 
Wonder how much have they tweaked their performance after Fostex TH900/600 bit first!! :wink:

Sep 22, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #464 of 820
  The headphones will certainly debut at RMAF, I heard it directly from Alex of Audeze at the CA Audio Show last month. I highly doubt that Audeze will delay them for any reason - no vendor would want to miss such a big opportunity to show off a new product at RMAF either, especially Audeze. They did, after all, debut the LCD-1 at CanJam 2009 (the independent CanJam that year, not RMAF), the LCD-2 at CanJam 2010 (also the independent CanJam, not RMAF), and the LCD-3 at RMAF 2011. So they won't miss debuting another new set of headphones at this year's RMAF.
wink.gif

It's hardly debut though, they've brought it to a number of meetups/shows already.

Sep 22, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #465 of 820

It's hardly debut though, they've brought it to a number of meetups/shows already.

Yes but it was never the final product.  I am excited to know what the final is going to sound like/look like.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back