Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Oct 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #466 of 820
More info on the Audeze LCD-XC (closed) here:

See (at about 21 minutes)

http://youtu.be/ja7NE3XwuMs?t=21m28s

LCD-X is a new open back headphone in between the LCD-3 and LCD-2.  $1,699. 

LCD-XC is a new closed version $1,799. 

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #469 of 820
That's probably one of the best finishes I have ever seen on a headphone. It reminds me of a glass marble for some reason.

As for the price though.....I'd take it used at half the price. I honestly don't think the LCD-2 is worth half its price for the sound quality alone.

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #470 of 820
  That's probably one of the best finishes I have ever seen on a headphone. It reminds me of a glass marble for some reason.

As for the price though.....I'd take it used at half the price. I honestly don't think the LCD-2 is worth half its price for the sound quality alone.

depends on your setup. i found the LCD-2 to be a decent value. its fairly priced especially compared to some of the other headphones in its price range. yeah the HE-500 is cheaper, but ssome 1k headphones don't come close to LCD-2 performance.

Oct 4, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #473 of 820
And I just considered selling my car to fund these.
They look truly amazing. Considering how much I loved my 2s.

I would almost sell my body to science for the chance to own the entire audeze lineup.  I think that the wood finish is getting nicer and nicer.  also the audeze sound is music to my ears. (no pun intended...or was it? 
rolleyes.gif
)  

Oct 4, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #475 of 820
The LCD-XC I was expecting the LCD-X was a surprise for me. I think there was a rumor about them, but I thought it didn't make any sense to have an open back unit between the LCD-2 and 3. I guess it makes sense to Audez'e. Supposedly the new X is even better than the LCD-3 which makes the pricing crazy. I think we'll see a flood of LCD-3s in the for sale forum soon.

Oct 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #476 of 820
It sorta makes sense.  Judging the impressions it seems as though Audeze developed an entirely new driver with a more neutral sound, so making one open and one closed seems like a nifty idea. 

I don't know about being better, it was just one guy's brief impressions.  If we keep spreading the knowledge that it might be better than the LCD3 we'll get another huge hype train going.

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #477 of 820

I don't know about being better, it was just one guy's brief impressions.  If we keep spreading the knowledge that it might be better than the LCD3 we'll get another huge hype train going.

And you and I will be able to pick up a heavily discounted used LCD-3 before anyone knows!
wink.gif

Hype train? Seriously this is Audez'e we're talking about. We're in for the biggest hype train of 2013/2014 easily. No stopping that no matter what I or anybody else says. Besides hype trains are a lot of fun in retrospect. I miss the old LCD-2 thread. All that craziness too.

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #478 of 820
  The LCD-XC I was expecting the LCD-X was a surprise for me. I think there was a rumor about them, but I thought it didn't make any sense to have an open back unit between the LCD-2 and 3. I guess it makes sense to Audez'e. Supposedly the new X is even better than the LCD-3 which makes the pricing crazy. I think we'll see a flood of LCD-3s in the for sale forum soon.

I haven't heard anyone say the LCD-X is better than the LCD-3,. Jude only said that he thought it may come close to the LCD-3, and is more neutral with a flatter bass response. 

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #479 of 820
Hopefully when Audeze announces these two at RMAF, they'll be available to ship right after.  No unneeded speculation.

I don't want LCD3 I want that closed back!  Less hype maybe the more people will sell it used for cheaper for me to buy sooner!

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #480 of 820

I haven't heard anyone say the LCD-X is better than the LCD-3,. Jude only said that he thought it may come close to the LCD-3, and is more neutral with a flatter bass response.

Were you paying attention to that thread? A couple of prominent dudes are certainly implying as much. Putting them in the same company as the Orpheus/Stax SR-007/009/Abyss. As a top five headphone of all time. Also talking about how it has even better decay/transient speed compared to the LCD-3. Talking about new revolutionary R&D break through. Etc.. etc... Hate to parrot what's already in another thread, but just so you guys know I'm not making this schiit up. I mean it's just a couple of dudes + Jude at the moment but it's exciting. I don't come to Head-Fi for stark reality objectivity. Excitement is only natural. Only time will tell how good the X is and by time I mean like a good year or two when things calm down. But after that it's no fun. Look how dead the LCD-2 threads are. It's like someone died in there and we forgot to remove the body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back